News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

26th January Changes

Started by notepanel, December 05, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMK

Quote from: Nathan on January 11, 2014, 11:34:07 PM
Quote from: AMD on January 11, 2014, 11:24:28 PM
Services 62/A will cover Gorsebrook.

65 will be Arriva-operated.

DDs are scheduled to operate all 10/A/B

I know the 62/A will serve Gorsebrook but what about the section between Wolverhampton to Gorsebrook Rd (West Park etc)
According to the map: , it doesn't look like anything will directly copy the current route to Gorsebrook.
The 6/A and 5/A already cover some of it though.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Kevin

Quote from: SMK on January 12, 2014, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 11, 2014, 11:34:07 PM
Quote from: AMD on January 11, 2014, 11:24:28 PM
Services 62/A will cover Gorsebrook.

65 will be Arriva-operated.

DDs are scheduled to operate all 10/A/B

I know the 62/A will serve Gorsebrook but what about the section between Wolverhampton to Gorsebrook Rd (West Park etc)
According to the map: , it doesn't look like anything will directly copy the current route to Gorsebrook.
The 6/A and 5/A already cover some of it though.

It literally is just the stretch around West Park that hasn't been replaced then, isn't it? Be honest, would it be missed?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

No not really. If people want West Park then they can catch the 5/A,6 etc then walk the short distance

Also looking at the Wednesfield map the 28E is colour coded grey which means there is no change to the route however it suggests the 28E serves The Ashmore Park Loop when it only serves the bottom part of Griffiths drive like the NX28 will do

Also will the full 25A/C loop operate on Sundays?

How will the 62/A interworking work now without the 26?
Also what will happen to evening and Sundays 27's interworking wise?

Sh4318

Quote from: Nathan on January 12, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

Interesting question, as the 26A is unchanged. As well as this, what will the frequency of the 25A/C be? Hourly each or half hourly each?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 12, 2014, 11:48:28 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 12, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

Interesting question, as the 26A is unchanged. As well as this, what will the frequency of the 25A/C be? Hourly each or half hourly each?

Half hourly both ways Mon-Sat and would be hourly Sundays both ways but I wonder i f the full loop will operate Sundays or if it will operate as a 25E to Bilston?

The full changes in Wolverhampton for NX are as follows:

25A/C- Will operate directly down Stafford Rd then it will serve the I54 business Park then follow current route to Third Avenue where it will observe the 25A route up Cannock Road,Black halve Lane and Long Knowle Lane then it will turn left onto Prestwood Road West then Ridge Lane then Wood end Red where it will continue via the current 25A route to Wednesfield then o Bilston is current route in which I will followthe 26  route back to W'ton.

26-Service is directly replaced by the 25A/C. 26 route was withdrawn
27-Evening And Sunday Timetable changes
28-Will serve only the bottom of Griffith's Drive (59 covers the Ashmore Park Loop at frequent intervals) and will also observe Ridge Lane,Moat-House Lane West then right onto Wood-End Road to the Island joining Prestwood Road to normal line of route. Will leave W'ton Via Pipers Row,Queen St observing the 59 stop on on Princess St and following the 59 out of Wolverhampton

40-Will serve Clarkes Lane and will on a trial basis serve Portobello Estate then Moseley Road onto Willenhall at the request of passengers. If well used this will be the new route.
41-Timetable changes
59-New Bus Shelters being installed along the route
62/A-Will go down Stafford Rd then down Gorsebrook Rd to normal line of route. Also the 62A will extend from Tettenhall Wood to Per ton Sainsbury's
69-Will revert to Lichfield Rd instead of of Linthouse Lane and will not serve W'ton Bus Station. It will loop that city centre like the 89. New Terminus is Victoria St. Will be retimed to operate a joint 15 minute frequency with the 89 between Wolves and New Invention

82-Will serve Deans field Rd and Horseley Fields instead of Wednesfield Rd to improve reliability
89-Retimetabled to operate a joint 15 minute frequency between Wolverhampton and New Invention. Current frequency retained

notepanel

Changes are now listed on the NXWM website.

The 41 evening journeys appear to now be operated by NXWM instead of Diamond Bus, and will operate the 'full' route (via New Invention/Allens Rough). It'll be interesting to see if these are interworked in with the 40 or another route.

The 27 is presumably going to interwork with another route in the evenings as it states journey times are amended in the evenings.

Another slightly trivial change, is the introduction of a 0500 ex West Brom & 0528 ex Kingstanding journey on the 5.

Trident 4609

The 27 could possibly go onto the 5/10 boards interworking with them but i would have to check timetables about that.

The 62/A would have to interwork with another B6 route and the only one i can think of that seems likley is the 28

mikestone

I presume the 50/53 are Arriva as they replace the 531- they are still not in the weekly changes and I cannot find anything on the Arriva website or vosa.

Trident 4609

Quote from: mikestone on January 13, 2014, 06:05:33 PM
I presume the 50/53 are Arriva as they replace the 531- they are still not in the weekly changes and I cannot find anything on the Arriva website or vosa.

The 50 will replace parts of the 57/63, The 53 will replace the 531/Parts of the 57/63
The 65 will cover parts of the 63 and replace the current WCT 65

Also Notepanel, In regards to the 41 route i think it means NX will operate extra journeys into the evening (Finishing later than at present) before Arriva take over during the evening :)

mikestone

Quote from: Nathan on January 13, 2014, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: mikestone on January 13, 2014, 06:05:33 PM

The 50 will replace parts of the 57/63, The 53 will replace the 531/Parts of the 57/63
The 65 will cover parts of the 63 and replace the current WCT 65

;
That's  in the area leaflet, which does not mention operators at all - you'd think it might be a good idea to tell people if there is a different operator or re-assure them it is the same one.

Trident 4609

Yes i do agree there mike that the operators should be included in the leaflet.

Btw unless you aren't aware (You most likley are aware) it has been confirmed by AMD that

The 50,53,57 (Already operated by Arriva),65 and the evening and Sunday 41's will be taken on by Arriva Wednesfield garage

notepanel

I would just like to point that my previous post about the info being on the NXWM website was prior to it being fully loaded up!

Whilst I can understand why, it's confusing to see the timetable of the 40/41 is changing in the peak hours - it's always been (3)40 at 25 & 55 and (3)41 at 10 & 40 past!

It's interesting to note that the last 40 through to Wolverhampton from Walsall will be at 1700 (1655) weekdays, with more journeys now terminating at Willenhall. The confusion with my comment earlier regarding the 41 evening service, is that NXWM will now be operating the 1955 journey from Walsall.

It also appears that NXWM values a 15 minute frequency Wolverhampton-New Invention, over a 15 minute Walsall-New Invention frequency, as the 69 will now be leaving at 00 & 30 minutes past the hour.

Also of note are a couple of new 'E' workings - 69E Walsall-New Invention & 69E Walsall - Wednesfield (as well as commencing from these destinations). There will also be a 40 commencing from Attlee Road/Poplar Road (for the sake of a couple of minutes you'd think this would start from Jane Lane School to be able to serve Churchill/Attlee Road!),

Trident 4609

Where will the 69 be departing at 00 and 30 past the hour?

Also do you know what times the Walsall-Wednedfield 69 will be? (Would this be early evening?)

Personally i think a evening and sunday 69 would work.

notepanel

Quote from: Nathan on January 13, 2014, 09:16:58 PM
Where will the 69 be departing at 00 and 30 past the hour?

Also do you know what times the Walsall-Wednedfield 69 will be? (Would this be early evening?)

Personally i think a evening and sunday 69 would work.

From Walsall sorry.

The 69E to Wednesfield will depart from Walsall at 1810 on weekdays and 1800 on Saturdays. This is followed 30 minutes later by the 69E to New Invention.

I personally do not see how the 40 is operated commercially on evenings/Sundays, but the 41 is not, as the 41 is usually the busier service!

Trident 4609

Will the 69E to Wednesfield at 18:10 be a existing journey that currently terminates in Wolverhampton or an extra journey? Btw if the 69E journey you mention is the last trip then it already exists. The last journey (I think its board W69/03) terminates in New Invention

I did think the 40 was tendered but obviously not :) What are the loadings like on the Sunday 40's?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk