News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on December 21, 2013, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 20, 2013, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 20, 2013, 03:59:11 PM

..... in a position to take the moral high ground.

...anyone wishing to take the high ground is encouraged to use service 997 over the Beacon...

Brilliant..... PMSL right here

Hope you're not on a bus seat....
Don't you start.

John

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2013, 07:36:50 AM
4430s seats were at Miller Street

4430 now back out refurbished on the Bristol Road today. Missed a pic because of the awful traffic  >:(

P419 EJW

When is 4383 ever going to get a full (and properly doing) refurb? Today, I was waiting for 3 - Acocks Green, 4383 arrived. The bus was an eyesore. The paint was peeling off on the left side, near the doors and under the front window. You could see a bit of white on the top of the left headlight. The "4383" is still TWM font and blue colour - did not bother to cover it and re-write it in white colour. The bus looked terrible. The red colour wasn't the same as others. Just shocking how NXWM can just let the bus go out in that state.

Stu

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 21, 2013, 07:06:57 PM
When is 4383 ever going to get a full (and properly doing) refurb? Today, I was waiting for 3 - Acocks Green, 4383 arrived. The bus was an eyesore. The paint was peeling off on the left side, near the doors and under the front window. You could see a bit of white on the top of the left headlight. The "4383" is still TWM font and blue colour - did not bother to cover it and re-write it in white colour. The bus looked terrible. The red colour wasn't the same as others. Just shocking how NXWM can just let the bus go out in that state.

It's not paint peeling off, it was re-vinyled in NXWM colours, hence the 'cutouts' over the existing fleetnumbers.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Is that one of the tridents with NXWM Vinyls?

John

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 21, 2013, 07:06:57 PM

It is the vinyl wrap livery, not a proper repaint (after wearing iPod overall ad). That's why the red is more orangey in colour. The remaining ones in this condition are also in as bad a state as 4383

P419 EJW

Okay, I understand now. I didn't know it was the vinyl. Thanks for explaining.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 21, 2013, 07:13:39 PM
Okay, I understand now. I didn't know it was the vinyl. Thanks for explaining.

But I quite agree with you Liam - it is a state. Whoever commissioned that to be on the road needs a serious brain scan, to coin the phrase.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

PE chose to quickly get 4351 in for refurb ahead of 4199, those vinyl wraps did indeed make the buses look very untidy indeed.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

John

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 21, 2013, 07:15:27 PM
PE chose to quickly get 4351 in for refurb ahead of 4199, those vinyl wraps did indeed make the buses look very untidy indeed.

And 4199 still looks extremely smart in TWM livery, because it already had a repaint before the NX livery was introduced. Hopefully the '02' Tridents at Pensnett still in TWM livery get repainted first

Liverpool Street

I don't know how long 4165 has been back but seen it on the 63 looking very smart indeed.

What was the idea to add rubber wheel arch surrounds to 41xx, 42xx & 43xx series buses of which never originally had them (and not suited to it), and remove them off 44xx & 46xx series of vehicles of which previously had them (which is suited) - a TransBus design feature it seemed.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 21, 2013, 07:20:21 PM
I don't know how long 4165 has been back but seen it on the 63 looking very smart indeed.

4165 was done back in August.

Once again, it shows the improvements in the refurbishment standard if they still look recent after 5 months

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on December 21, 2013, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 21, 2013, 07:20:21 PM

4165 was done back in August.

Once again, it shows the improvements in the refurbishment standard if they still look recent after 5 months

You're Joe King.

The wheels were still silver. MOT recent most likely then...
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on December 21, 2013, 07:17:06 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 21, 2013, 07:15:27 PM

And 4199 still looks extremely smart in TWM livery, because it already had a repaint before the NX livery was introduced. Hopefully the '02' Tridents at Pensnett still in TWM livery get repainted first

I agree, 4199 does look good, although when i saw it the other day it had a dirty black mark down the back like several other PE buses. They do need to teach someone at PE to wash the buses correctly.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

4142 in desperate need of regeneration. I'd recommend a re-engine as well. I've been told by my source its an absolute bag of nails... takes an age to accelerate down hill... 15mph max up hill.

Interior is badly worn (I know that for a fact) and so is the cab.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk