News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

i cant see them keeping leather again for the retrim as it must cost thousands more than fabric

Trident 4609

4599 was back out today on the 126.

Abluhwleh

Don't know whether this was a full refurb but caught sight of 4634 looking smart and named after, errr, I think it was Noel Mulvey or something similar.

Tony

Quote from: Abluhwleh on November 25, 2012, 07:55:50 PM
Don't know whether this was a full refurb but caught sight of 4634 looking smart and named after, errr, I think it was Noel Mulvey or something similar.

Yes it is a full refurb, and the gentleman in Question has completed 50 years service

Abluhwleh

That is a rather cool way to acknowledge 50 years of service. Wow, 50 years with the same employer, I can't even imagine that...

BN

4601 now back at WN today but in for MOT.

Rob H

4665 now refurbished at repainted seen it on the 31 in Solihull this morning looks great
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

Quote from: Rob H on November 29, 2012, 02:08:58 PM
4665 now refurbished at repainted seen it on the 31 in Solihull this morning looks great

see http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4475-4699/4665.html

Tony

Next one from PB is 4303

Tony

4182 came out from BC this evening for the first time, but then driver found the destination was still programmed for YW!
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4182.html

Tony

4250 has joined 4303 being done from PB, definate progress on these, another president has gone to Walsall to replace 4712 which went back to WB today completing the repainting of WB Geminis

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2012, 10:15:19 PM
4250 has joined 4303 being done from PB, definate progress on these, another president has gone to Walsall to replace 4712 which went back to WB today completing the repainting of WB Geminis

These don't seem to take long, Tony.  I saw 4712 passing the old Gaumont/ Wesleyan island barely a fortnight ago.  Well, that's what it seems - you'll tell me now it's my age playing tricks, and a fortnight's actually been six weeks  ;)
Don't you start.

Bob

Are any of Walsalls Tridents ( the ex 51 examples) due for refurb/repaint, theyre quite tatty

mranon

i suppose the time taken to refurb, depends on how much work is involved, i.e i reckon its easier to "blow over" a bus already in the nxwm livery, than to do one in old versions, as they require more prep etc. Also if the bus is virtually straight i.e. not tons of panel replacement etc, it must be a quicker process.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk