News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

4776 has its original seats by the look of it, just re-trimmed in standard moquette.

andyr

Just on wa 1751, a recent refurb and its interior as been done to a very high standard.The plastic seat backs have been replaced seat frames are nice and clean and no etched glass. Looks like a new bus, after recent comments about the poor quality of some refurbs its good to see that a proper job can be done.

JackC

Quote from: Gareth on December 24, 2012, 02:32:51 AM
4776 has its original seats by the look of it, just re-trimmed in standard moquette.

Ahh. Well it's not all bad then. Still, waste of leather really.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: JackC on December 24, 2012, 12:35:57 PM

How many other Enviro400s have leather seating?

nx4737

Quote from: JackC on December 24, 2012, 12:35:57 PM

What, did you see the state of it?

BU07 LGO

They should havfe kept the downstairs leather as they were mostly imaculate. Like the lether because you can see which seats are clean unlike the fabric which hide it

John

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on December 24, 2012, 01:02:47 PM
How many other Enviro400s have leather seating?

All of 4763-75 have the leather seats. 4768 onwards are brown and 4763-7 are a dark grey.

Discodave

Quote from: JackC on October 09, 2012, 07:50:05 PM
Well that lasted long xD

Could it be caused by the wash if its only marks

Discodave

The ferry lift as it says was used being low floor as not to drag or cause damage to the chassis or any low hanging parts from the engine when going onto or off the boat when being imported to the country as the ramps can be pretty high VDL buses had them on but never knew volvos had them on but a good chance they have.  Lorry units and trailers have them on too as we would have to raise them before dropping a trailer in Holyhead for Ireland

On a different note and out of curiosity how much do these refurbs actually cost? I would think most renewable items (especially aluminium pannels) would have a decent recycling return price but what would be the estimated actual cost (expenditure - income) for a bog standard Trident.
I would like to compare this to the original price for a Trident (I have no idea but would guess £130K new) does anyone know the original price for a Y-04 Trident?
Furthermore along with these buses comming fresh out the paint shop do they have a mechanical refurb or any mechanical refurb or are these all just a cosmetic excersize?
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 4006 on January 02, 2013, 08:18:07 PM
On a different note and out of curiosity how much do these refurbs actually cost? I would think most renewable items (especially aluminium pannels) would have a decent recycling return price but what would be the estimated actual cost (expenditure - income) for a bog standard Trident.
I would like to compare this to the original price for a Trident (I have no idea but would guess £130K new) does anyone know the original price for a Y-04 Trident?
Furthermore along with these buses comming fresh out the paint shop do they have a mechanical refurb or any mechanical refurb or are these all just a cosmetic excersize?

According to this article Stagecoach spent 4 million and received 23 so that is £174000 each but is for Dennis enviro's and that figure has probably been rounded up to sound more impressive!

winston

Quote from: 4006 on January 02, 2013, 08:18:07 PM

In Jan 2001 when NX ordered 180 new double deckers (i.e. 4125-4304) the order value was quoted as being £23 Million, so that would have made the Y-reg Tridents / 51 Plate Volvo/ALX400 approx £128k each, so your guess was pretty spot on

JoNi

4210 is the only bus in service with Primelines branding. It's call for a repaint/refurb ought to be soon. Buses may get new seats but they don't get bright orange Hanover destination displays so you can see them coming in the dark. Even Stagecoach retrofitted it's oldest B10Ms and Olympians with new displays.

richie

Quote from: JoNi on January 03, 2013, 01:28:43 PM
4210 is the only bus in service with Primelines branding. It's call for a repaint/refurb ought to be soon. Buses may get new seats but they don't get bright orange Hanover destination displays so you can see them coming in the dark. Even Stagecoach retrofitted it's oldest B10Ms and Olympians with new displays.

Or not see them coming in the sun light!

BN

4604 sent to WA for repaint today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk