News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

PM

ilovetea4370

I saw 4372 passing me earlier, and they actually look half decent when they're all shiny and have no advert frame. Great pics as always John

Tony

Ash

Been on 584 a couple of times in Coventry on the old number 11 service and seems to be one of the best b6le in the fleet

John

Quote from: Ash on October 06, 2012, 10:54:33 PM
Been on 584 a couple of times in Coventry on the old number 11 service and seems to be one of the best b6le in the fleet

I have been on 584 on the 801 a while back and I agree Ash, it was a good ride for a B6, glad it is now in a proper livery after 2 years. Another good B6 to ride on is 244, especially with it's headrests.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

This probably will be the last B6 ever re-painted then, 584 was good at PE as well so glad its back in the West Midlands, but I suppose it was easy for WA to paint it as they have the paint shop on site, probably would never have bothered if it had gone back to PE

Liberator9

Yeah 584 is one of the best ones. Rode it on the 30 a few times and it was certainly much better than 627 was! This probably will be the last Crusader repaint sadly.

PM

Must mean it's got a couple of years left :)

ilovetea4370

Well the paintshop is full of surprises! I wonder how long it will last in service now.

Andrew1991

Until the engine overheats and blows up ;)

winston

Quote from: A1991 on October 07, 2012, 12:56:39 PM
Until the engine overheats and blows up ;)

There are plenty of replacement engines kicking around Miller St, it's more likely to get withdrawn if it receives substantial accident damage or chassis / bodywork corrosion is found

Stu

Some of AGs B6LEs were withdrawn just a few months after being repainted. Some were given to good homes, others never made it back into service!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

There was 553 as well. Repainted, and then used at West Brom for under a week before been withdrawn.

Justin Tyme

Was 584 the last all-white bus still in normal use?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk