News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 05, 2023, 06:12:27 PMAnd todays worst bus service is the... X1. 1 hour people were waiting from Coventry. They was coming to Coventry then parking up before putting NIS and driving off. I caught 6838 which came round 20 minutes late and was basically full as soon as it left Coventry. Round the airport it had to refuse passengers because it was so packed. The one that should have been after 6838 came into Coventry on time and then parked in Coventry for what must have been 40 minutes. 7522 left NIS and went towards Birmingham. 4911 randomly appeared as we got to Birmingham as an X1 - not a clue where that gained service from. Left NIS after arriving into Birmingham anyway.
The X1 I caught from work today was no more than a couple minutes late from Coventry, I did see three buses bunched on Bustimes there but it looked like they had been adjusted. 4911 had been out since the morning...

Trident 4194

Check bus times for a bus from Coventry between 2:15 and 3:15. You'll struggle to locate one 

dw1308

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 05, 2023, 09:49:59 PMCheck bus times for a bus from Coventry between 2:15 and 3:15. You'll struggle to locate one
Traffic chaos in Birmingham City Centre earlier this afternoon caused a lot of services to run very late. My duty on the 60 was on average 15 mins late just trying to get out of City 

Jack

21:46 X2 from Solihull appears to be a no show tonight... nice to see NX are happy to leave people stranded of an evening...

Jack

Digbeth (as usual) has completely made one part of the City gridlocked...

Be nice if NX would divert services instead of send them through this on a Saturday daytime outbound.

Sat on 6109 which is 25 minutes late, and is still outside of Moor Street Station...

cris 99

Because bull ring outside moor st is completely gridlocked both directions 
17//72/73/97/X12

Rachvince53

Quote from: cris 99 on August 26, 2023, 03:12:25 PMBecause bull ring outside moor st is completely gridlocked both directions
Quote from: Jack on August 26, 2023, 02:57:33 PMDigbeth (as usual) has completely made one part of the City gridlocked...

Be nice if NX would divert services instead of send them through this on a Saturday daytime outbound.

Sat on 6109 which is 25 minutes late, and is still outside of Moor Street Station...
As noted elsewhere, a RTC between a bus and taxi has occurred in Carrs Lane, adding to the delays.

Jack

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 26, 2023, 05:33:46 PMAs noted elsewhere, a RTC between a bus and taxi has occurred in Carrs Lane, adding to the delays.
I was there when it happened, taxi parked in the road and 4925 tried to get past and bang! Taxi was at fault.

Right when it was starting to move again as well.

Jack

X1/X2 are a mess, loads of angry people in the City, to top it off 6892 doesn't want to move, everyone gets on 6846, then 6892 drives off in service.

Absolute joke, the drivers are also clueless, going to be making a complaint at this point, wonder how Coventry will sort the mess out that is the X1.

karl724223

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2023, 12:47:19 PMX1/X2 are a mess, loads of angry people in the City, to top it off 6892 doesn't want to move, everyone gets on 6846, then 6892 drives off in service.

Absolute joke, the drivers are also clueless, going to be making a complaint at this point, wonder how Coventry will sort the mess out that is the X1.
Why is it the drivers fault ALF?

dw1308

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2023, 12:47:19 PMX1/X2 are a mess, loads of angry people in the City, to top it off 6892 doesn't want to move, everyone gets on 6846, then 6892 drives off in service.

As a driver myself how are we supposed to know why busses have not turned up? All we know for certain is what is going on with the bus we are physically driving ourselves. And as for the remark of drivers being clueless why don't YOU get your PCV licence and become a driver and experience what we have to put up with on a day to day basis with traffic, road works, temporary diversions etc instead of sitting behind a keyboard/phone screen.

BusDriverBosh

You do have to realise the trains are on strike today and tomorrow so the X1 will see more filled capacity meaning they will become late
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

Jack

Quote from: dw1308 on September 01, 2023, 08:17:22 PMAs a driver myself how are we supposed to know why busses have not turned up? All we know for certain is what is going on with the bus we are physically driving ourselves. And as for the remark of drivers being clueless why don't YOU get your PCV licence and become a driver and experience what we have to put up with on a day to day basis with traffic, road works, temporary diversions etc instead of sitting behind a keyboard/phone screen.
And who was sitting behind a keyboard/phone screen?! I was standing there myself watching as 6892 didn't know what to do, no relief and also the inspectors not being there. Yes i know there's a rail strike too, but again why not adjust buses to then become more reliable instead of make them a mess. The X1 has been a nightmare all day, simple. I don't see 'no driver shortage' and it's school holidays why isn't there ever extra buses out to help. And yes I am frustrated as it's made me and other people late for work and appointments.

dw1308

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2023, 09:33:44 PMAnd who was sitting behind a keyboard/phone screen?! I was standing there myself watching as 6892 didn't know what to do, no relief and also the inspectors not being there. Yes i know there's a rail strike too, but again why not adjust buses to then become more reliable instead of make them a mess. The X1 has been a nightmare all day, simple. I don't see 'no driver shortage' and it's school holidays why isn't there ever extra buses out to help. And yes I am frustrated as it's made me and other people late for work and appointments.
All the X1s I saw all had drivers whilst I was waiting for my 60 duty, the garage can't pull drivers out of thin air to cover a duty especially if the driver booked to take that duty is displaced because of traffic or drivers hours. Of course you wouldn't see "no driver shortage" as most of us are working overtime and pulling drivers from other garages to cover the lack of current drivers. Garage can't just send out 'extra' busses because there isn't any extra buses plain and simple. I don't know how far along the X1 route you travel but if its not past Sheldon wheatsheaf why not catch the 60 service?

Jack

Quote from: dw1308 on September 01, 2023, 09:44:23 PMAll the X1s I saw all had drivers whilst I was waiting for my 60 duty, the garage can't pull drivers out of thin air to cover a duty especially if the driver booked to take that duty is displaced because of traffic or drivers hours. Of course you wouldn't see "no driver shortage" as most of us are working overtime and pulling drivers from other garages to cover the lack of current drivers. Garage can't just send out 'extra' busses because there isn't any extra buses plain and simple. I don't know how far along the X1 route you travel but if it's not past Sheldon wheatsheaf why not catch the 60 service?
My main gripe is with the X2, yes I am well aware about the X1. No relief and yet drivers wonder why passengers get ratty. The driver of 6892 let us all on knowing the bus wouldn't move, revving the hell of it. Until me and another passenger demanded he opened the doors so we can board 6846 and saying that 6892 has broken down, then once we all got off he drives off with 'X2 Solihull Town' on the destination. Absolute joke.

Why should I catch the 60? I don't want to be sitting through Small Heath traffic when I can be in Yardley half the time the 60 will take at that time of day when it's prayer time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk