News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartosz

I've seen 6:30am X51 departing 4 minutes early from the city centre two days ago.

Trident 4194

Disappointing that the 12:08 76 instead of doing full route only went to yardley wood - then went down to depot rather than continuing to Solihull. Don't tell me there's still a shortage of drivers with the wacky wages offered 

j789

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 22, 2023, 09:54:19 PMDisappointing that the 12:08 76 instead of doing full route only went to yardley wood - then went down to depot rather than continuing to Solihull. Don't tell me there's still a shortage of drivers with the wacky wages offered
Could have been for any reason, not just driver shortage. Were you on the bus? If so why didn't you ask the driver? If not, why are you even asking this question?

Passenger could have thrown up on the bus making it a health hazard to continue. Could have been a semi- urgent vehicle fault that didn't warrant a full breakdown but needed returning to the garage.  Lots of reasons for going out of service crop up occasionally but yes let's jump straight to the criticism first.

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 22, 2023, 09:54:19 PMDisappointing that the 12:08 76 instead of doing full route only went to yardley wood - then went down to depot rather than continuing to Solihull. Don't tell me there's still a shortage of drivers with the wacky wages offered

Wages not wacky. Top rate is approximately £12.75 per hour at NX if you include the gaps in between driving.

dw1308

I have had a vehicle or two on my duties that I have had to unload passengers off and return it to depot because of a fault that has occurred whilst I have been on the road. So without proper information or facts the criticism of us drivers is unjust 

wacky wages please clarify, last few weeks new T&Cs have been implemented with reduction in the basic week most drivers losing around £25 a week on average, NX BANGING ON ABOUT IMPROVED HOURLY RATE ETC, when you add up the compass not great imo,  compared to the 38 hour week 7.36 average. As an older driver i voted NO for the new T&Cs so awful imo how can you vote yes without having all the details, the 9 page document was only released recently after many drivers sent emails to UNITE.  FROM Nov the basic will be reduced further to 35.5/36.5 hrs.
I would like to see the return of paid breaks which we had at WB many moons a go, it should be from book on to book off paid imo

Lukeee

Quote from: 2900 on July 23, 2023, 07:32:54 AMwacky wages please clarify, last few weeks new T&Cs have been implemented with reduction in the basic week most drivers losing around £25 a week on average, NX BANGING ON ABOUT IMPROVED HOURLY RATE ETC, when you add up the compass not great imo,  compared to the 38 hour week 7.36 average. As an older driver i voted NO for the new T&Cs so awful imo how can you vote yes without having all the details, the 9 page document was only released recently after many drivers sent emails to UNITE.  FROM Nov the basic will be reduced further to 35.5/36.5 hrs.
I would like to see the return of paid breaks which we had at WB many moons a go, it should be from book on to book off paid imo
Agreed, the only way the industry will retain drivers is to pay book on to book off times 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2900 on July 23, 2023, 07:32:54 AMwacky wages please clarify, last few weeks new T&Cs have been implemented with reduction in the basic week most drivers losing around £25 a week on average, NX BANGING ON ABOUT IMPROVED HOURLY RATE ETC, when you add up the compass not great imo,  compared to the 38 hour week 7.36 average. As an older driver i voted NO for the new T&Cs so awful imo how can you vote yes without having all the details, the 9 page document was only released recently after many drivers sent emails to UNITE.  FROM Nov the basic will be reduced further to 35.5/36.5 hrs.
Are we likely to see more industrial action taken in the next few months then?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

On Tile Cross Road within the last hour or so, I had three 97s pass me as I drove up (one with a Paramount+ ad, one platinum, one crimson) and another at the traffic lights waiting to turn in (red/white). All were heading to Chelmsley Wood and all of them had passengers on. Any known problems on this route today?

Jack

Quote from: ellspurs on July 24, 2023, 03:16:48 PMOn Tile Cross Road within the last hour or so, I had three 97s pass me as I drove up (one with a Paramount+ ad, one platinum, one crimson) and another at the traffic lights waiting to turn in (red/white). All were heading to Chelmsley Wood and all of them had passengers on. Any known problems on this route today?
Seeing three 97's together isn't really rare... it's common they bunch up like the 11's...

GoldenSquid

Quote from: ellspurs on July 24, 2023, 03:16:48 PMOn Tile Cross Road within the last hour or so, I had three 97s pass me as I drove up (one with a Paramount+ ad, one platinum, one crimson) and another at the traffic lights waiting to turn in (red/white). All were heading to Chelmsley Wood and all of them had passengers on. Any known problems on this route today?
That's normal, the 97 runs in twos/threes or when it's very bad fours. The section from Birmingham to Heartlands has a lot of people and not much space for the buses to fit through. 
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Westy

Has there been issues in the Willenhall area earlier?

Both the 37 & 326 seem to have their buses in the 'wrong place', if you believe Bustimes?

In other words, do I stay for a 326 or catch a 529 instead?

Trident 4194

And todays worst bus service is the... X1. 1 hour people were waiting from Coventry. They was coming to Coventry then parking up before putting NIS and driving off. I caught 6838 which came round 20 minutes late and was basically full as soon as it left Coventry. Round the airport it had to refuse passengers because it was so packed. The one that should have been after 6838 came into Coventry on time and then parked in Coventry for what must have been 40 minutes. 7522 left NIS and went towards Birmingham. 4911 randomly appeared as we got to Birmingham as an X1 - not a clue where that gained service from. Left NIS after arriving into Birmingham anyway.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 05, 2023, 06:12:27 PMAnd todays worst bus service is the... X1. 1 hour people were waiting from Coventry. They was coming to Coventry then parking up before putting NIS and driving off. I caught 6838 which came round 20 minutes late and was basically full as soon as it left Coventry. Round the airport it had to refuse passengers because it was so packed. The one that should have been after 6838 came into Coventry on time and then parked in Coventry for what must have been 40 minutes. 7522 left NIS and went towards Birmingham. 4911 randomly appeared as we got to Birmingham as an X1 - not a clue where that gained service from. Left NIS after arriving into Birmingham anyway.
You do know that the A45 is closed between Stonebridge and Allesley don't you?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2023, 06:20:56 PMYou do know that the A45 is closed between Stonebridge and Allesley don't you?
I travelled the whole route so yes - maximum amount of time you lose is 5 minutes though! Doesn't excuse the hour gap in service 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk