News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 28, 2023, 11:13:26 AMDue to an overturned lorry on the M6 and subsequent closure south of J10, service 529 is being significantly delayed as traffic diverts through Walsall and Wolverhampton.
28/94/95 were experiencing delays as well it seems around J5.
1863 - BX58 SYH – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-wn-4927?date=2023-02-28#journeys/391174343

4927 ran in service to Chelmsley on the 09:47 95 and then dead back to City.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 28, 2023, 11:13:26 AMDue to an overturned lorry on the M6 and subsequent closure south of J10, service 529 is being significantly delayed as traffic diverts through Walsall and Wolverhampton.
Good job I'm off work for 2 weeks then!

Knock on effect elsewhere,  as I had to wait ages for a 9 at Bloxwich. 

The 810 from Walsall didn't arrive at Bloxwich till about 920am.

Got off at Wednesfield, intending to go on towards Dudley, but due to an issue at home, which requires me to be back between 12 & 1, have only got as far as Bilston. 

Waiting for a 326 back to Bloxwich,  the 1136 is currently running 10 - 15 minutes late!

The 57 I caught from Wednesfield to Bilston was surprisingly driven by the driver from a few weeks back when the fire at Willenhall happened,  & they were driving the 326!

Ginger66

I'm loving the improvement on service updates on NX website

48 | West Bromwich - Q.E. Hospital
We are sorry but services departing at 00:12, 10:43, 12:37, 15:13, 17:18, and 23:35 may not run today, please plan to use a different journey than those shown. Check back later as journeys affected could change.

It beats this
28 | Heartlands Hospital - Great Barr
Services between 17:53 and 19:50 are affected today on the 28, please allow more time for your journey.

The one for the 48 is a a lot better and gives a good indication of what services are effected but the 28 just says between these times.  

Mike K

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 28, 2023, 08:20:58 PMI'm loving the improvement on service updates on NX website

48 | West Bromwich - Q.E. Hospital
We are sorry but services departing at 00:12, 10:43, 12:37, 15:13, 17:18, and 23:35 may not run today, please plan to use a different journey than those shown. Check back later as journeys affected could change.

It beats this
28 | Heartlands Hospital - Great Barr
Services between 17:53 and 19:50 are affected today on the 28, please allow more time for your journey.

The one for the 48 is a a lot better and gives a good indication of what services are effected but the 28 just says between these times. 

It might be of some use if it said where those journeys were departing from and in what direction. 

Looking at the service disruptions today, the list for the Birmingham 45 is huge (19 journeys in total). 

18WilliamsLi

6978 left Cape Hill 8 minutes early 

MasterPlan

6880 again, this time leaving 8 mins early, and yes I saw it with my own two eyes. Absolute joke.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Rachvince53

Caravan fire at Horseley Fields by railway bridge - could cause delays to services 529 and 82 as the road is closed. (Also may delay rail services). Mentioned on  Radio 2 travel news this morning

Rachvince53

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 08, 2023, 10:48:11 AMCaravan fire at Horseley Fields by railway bridge - could cause delays to services 529 and 82 as the road is closed. (Also may delay rail services). Mentioned on  Radio 2 travel news this morning
Reopened around 1130am. 

Trident 4194

Harborne high street looks littered with the whole pvr of the 23 and 24 atm 

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 09, 2023, 09:26:08 AMHarborne high street looks littered with the whole pvr of the 23 and 24 atm
NXWM website says that the 23/24 are currently running between Five Ways and Westbourne Road only. Hardly seems worth it if that is the case.

EDIT - looks like there are buses running along the length of both routes but heavily disrupted.

Stu

Most bus services would have been running very late during the morning peak, as the weather conditions didn't put off a lot of motorists.

I missed the 3 this morning, as it seems it was forced to miss out Trittiford Road, going direct via Yardley Wood Road instead.

Managed to get up to Billesley Common to get the next 2, which was only a couple of minutes late, but still then took over half an hour to get to the Coldbath Road stop by Swanshurst Lane!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1931?date=2023-03-09#journeys/395810650

I had to restrain myself though, as I overheard another passenger having a phone conversation with someone, they were complaining that two buses 'hadn't turned up' and now this one was 'very late' and "taking ages". What angered me was that they were telling this person "it's another piss-poor excuse to put on a shoddy service".

In my head I'm thinking "WTF?!"

It annoyed me because this kind of mentality is shared amongst a great number of people - "the buses are late or slow moving because it's the driver's fault"

In an alternative reality, I would have turned round and said "excuse me, but look outside the f**king window at what's going on? Is this really the driver's or bus company's fault?"

Sometimes I really despair at it all.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

1885 has been running almost 10 minutes early at points on the 4H. Mind due the previous 4H failed to operate. 

Ginger66

Quote from: Stu on March 09, 2023, 07:24:36 PMMost bus services would have been running very late during the morning peak, as the weather conditions didn't put off a lot of motorists.

I missed the 3 this morning, as it seems it was forced to miss out Trittiford Road, going direct via Yardley Wood Road instead.

Managed to get up to Billesley Common to get the next 2, which was only a couple of minutes late, but still then took over half an hour to get to the Coldbath Road stop by Swanshurst Lane!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-1931?date=2023-03-09#journeys/395810650

I had to restrain myself though, as I overheard another passenger having a phone conversation with someone, they were complaining that two buses 'hadn't turned up' and now this one was 'very late' and "taking ages". What angered me was that they were telling this person "it's another piss-poor excuse to put on a shoddy service".

In my head I'm thinking "WTF?!"

It annoyed me because this kind of mentality is shared amongst a great number of people - "the buses are late or slow moving because it's the driver's fault"

In an alternative reality, I would have turned round and said "excuse me, but look outside the f**king window at what's going on? Is this really the driver's or bus company's fault?"

Sometimes I really despair at it all.

Know the feeling, in previous years I have answered the phone where I work and the person on the other end ask if the uni is open. (1) I've answered the phone so it's an indication that the building is open and these are supposed to be mature students.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We don't get the much snow these days and if we do it last a few days not weeks on end and we get milder winters.

If we look at the 60's/70's/80's a car was a luxury item but today it's an essential piece of equipment to get from a to b.   

Jack

6:17 (51) first bus of the day never ran this morning. I wouldn't have minded as such but on a Sunday you'd expect with less needed it would run...

Tony

Quote from: Jack on March 12, 2023, 07:21:50 AM6:17 (51) first bus of the day never ran this morning. I wouldn't have minded as such but on a Sunday you'd expect with less needed it would run...
A driver can go sick overnight just as much on a Sunday as a weekday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk