News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Seems to me unless you know where buses are likely to turn round early, you've got no chance!

Bartosz

The 80 buses are getting very late.

Stu

Quote from: Bartosz on October 24, 2023, 06:10:05 PMThe 80 buses are getting very late.
A lot of buses will be running very late, looks like the city centre was jammed up again this evening.

The 2 I got home this evening appeared to turn up on time, but was actually 40 minutes late, no wonder it was rammed full, luckily it was a double deck!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-6912#journeys/494201574

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on October 24, 2023, 07:00:52 PMA lot of buses will be running very late, looks like the city centre was jammed up again this evening.

The 2 I got home this evening appeared to turn up on time, but was actually 40 minutes late, no wonder it was rammed full, luckily it was a double deck!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-6912#journeys/494201574

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/a38-tunnels-live-car-overturns-27975207

A car had an oopsie in one of the tunnels.

Mike K

City centre completely gridlocked again. Harborne services from city were completely shafted, it looks like Hagley Road routes might have been too. Lots of buses stuck for ages around Paradise Circus and Great Charles Street. By around 17.30 there must have been in the region of 70+ people waiting at the Centenary Square stop.

The city centre is a joke lately. The whole infrastructure is such that one incident in one place causes devastation on most key routes out of the city. I don't know why they're even contemplating cross city routes.

EDIT: and what kind of an a***hole is driving fast enough to overturn in a collision in one of those tunnels.

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on October 24, 2023, 07:13:13 PMCity centre completely gridlocked again. Harborne services from city were completely shafted, it looks like Hagley Road routes might have been too. Lots of buses stuck for ages around Paradise Circus and Great Charles Street. By around 17.30 there must have been in the region of 70+ people waiting at the Centenary Square stop.

The city centre is a joke lately. The whole infrastructure is such that one incident in one place causes devastation on most key routes out of the city. I don't know why they're even contemplating cross city routes.

EDIT: and what kind of an a***hole is driving fast enough to overturn in a collision in one of those tunnels.
Exactly, cars do not 'mysteriously' flip over onto their roof, unless they are being driven badly at high speed.

My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 24, 2023, 07:25:19 PMExactly, cars do not 'mysteriously' flip over onto their roof, unless they are being driven badly at high speed.

Although it may not be the car that's on its roof that was being driven like an idiot, it could be a car that's hit it.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2023, 07:50:58 PMAlthough it may not be the car that's on its roof that was being driven like an idiot, it could be a car that's hit it.
That is true, but either way, one person's idiotic actions have caused misery and disruption for thousands of others.
My locals:

Temporary lights in Ward End causing the 94/95 to lose time the last few days. Takes 10 minutes to get through on average. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

suavegarv

18:45 AG73 running late and no show in Solihull,but veg web states it left at 18:38😡

Stu

Quote from: suavegarv on October 25, 2023, 07:08:46 PM18:45 AG73 running late and no show in Solihull,but veg web states it left at 18:38😡
I think you need to find an alternative route home, as you'll be waiting a while.

4493 is scheduled to operate the 18:45 journey from Solihull, but is currently showing as 76 minutes late. :shocked:

My locals:

Jack D

20:30 95 not turned up tonight and the 21:00 one looks like it's still In chelmsley!!!

Jack D

Quote from: Jack D on October 25, 2023, 08:34:58 PM20:30 95 not turned up tonight and the 21:00 one looks like it's still In chelmsley!!!
20:45 94 hasn't turned up either 😂 what a joke 

PB50

9 service now run by Wolverhampton drivers is running up to 15 minutes late this morning.

Westy

Quote from: PB50 on October 29, 2023, 11:22:15 AM9 service now run by Wolverhampton drivers is running up to 15 minutes late this morning.
Wonder what happened there then?

According to Bustimes, it started early on.

(Sister has now rushed out for the delayed 1310 to Wolves, to link up at Bloxwich with it!)

Good job, it wasnt interworking.

Not a good start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk