News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: John on May 15, 2017, 04:43:27 PM
Aparantly, the Lichfield Road is now also closed in both directions, so I bet its fun in the rush hour!

6799 on the X5, which I'm on at the moment is currently running around three hours late and is currently behind an entire X4 trip. We're currently sat by Amanda Close on Gravelly Hill sat in heavy traffic along with a dozen other buses (X3/4/5's, X14's and a 66).

6799 eventually got into Birmingham 4 hours and 1 minute late. So ended up around 1 hour and 30 minutes late departing Birmingham on it's final X5 to Roughley.

Westy

According to Facebook, Arriva 110 has given up & running Tamworth to Erdington only!

John

Quote from: Westy on May 15, 2017, 05:52:48 PM
According to Facebook, Arriva 110 has given up & running Tamworth to Erdington only!

One way to keep the service running, but what will the people waiting in City do, especially if they do not know about the curtailment?

Westy

Quote from: John on May 15, 2017, 06:13:35 PM
One way to keep the service running, but what will the people waiting in City do, especially if they do not know about the curtailment?

Is this right?

According to someone on Facebook, Nx have registered Lichfield Road as an alternative route but Arriva didnt!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on May 15, 2017, 06:35:49 PM
Is this right?

According to someone on Facebook, Nx have registered Lichfield Road as an alternative route but Arriva didnt!

If that's true then someone dropped the ball!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Washwood Heath Road services are ridicilous tonight.
Waited from 16:15 till 17:00 in an enormous queue on the Priory Queensway in the City Centre, then took just over 90 minutes to get to Ward End, The Fox and Goose. On 4781 on a 94E to Ward End, The Fox and Goose.
about 20 Washwood Heath buses turned up together (both NX an Claribels) within minutes of each other. The traffic is none moving from the City Centre all the way to Ward End, The Fox and Goose.

Lots of 94Es to Arron Way. 4781 on a 94E to Ward End. A 72E to Chelmsley Wood. Claribels YX17NYY on the 55, unload only from Nechells. The 14s are also affected.

Saw a 110 E400 come into the City Centre via Saltley and Nechells earlier.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

3 8s together in Saltley at 17:00 as well. With one operating an 8E to Brodesley Green.
SK51AYC was 40 minutes late in Acocks Green on the 11C at 15:30, timetabled to be there at 14:59.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Saw a 110 in Nechells and another on Gravelley Hill displaying "Erdington Six Ways" and still with passengers on despite having already passed six ways
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 15, 2017, 06:46:42 PM
Washwood Heath Road services are ridicilous tonight.

All bus services around Birmingham are screwed. With the closure of the A38M, the ring road is gridlocked, the traffic islands are jammed, and buses using the main trunk roads are struggling to get across the ring road and along the congested main roads.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Problem is, in a situation like this, there are no winners. With an artery like the A38(M) out of action, nothing is going to run smoothly. Nobody is to blame (unless you want to blame the Germans), the bomb disposal team have to take as much time as they need to ensure that Birmingham City doesn't become Birmingham Town tomorrow.

Everybody just needs to make the best of it and try and get home, and hope that tomorrow everything is more or less back to normal.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stu on May 15, 2017, 07:26:20 PM
All bus services around Birmingham are screwed. With the closure of the A38M, the ring road is gridlocked, the traffic islands are jammed, and buses using the main trunk roads are struggling to get across the ring road and along the congested main roads.
Yes, they all are. All the way from the City Centre to Ward End, it was gridlocked and nothing was moving. It took 4781 over 90 minutes to get to Ward End on the 94E.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Doesn't look very hopeful for tomorrow, London Midland are expecting disruption now until tomorrow night and Network West Midlands are saying

"Updated 8pm - Disruption expected to last into tomorrow (Tuesday 16 May) and until further notice. Please plan ahead and allow extra time to travel. "

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andy41

Quote from: Westy on May 15, 2017, 06:35:49 PM
Is this right?

No it's nonsense. Arriva don't need to have an alternative registered they are entitled to send it any way they like if it's diverted due to a road closure, just as long as they don't pick up or set down anywhere on the diversion. They only need to have it registered if they intend to use it as an alternative route when their registered route is available, similarly to what NX have done with the X12 and X70.

Westy

That gives me an idea for another topic.

John

Absolute carnage again this morning. Tyburn Road was queuing from Kingsbury Road last time I saw it. Should have got to the Vale at 7.50am. Almost 9am when I got there.

They tried to run me dead to relief in 35 minutes, but the A47 was static at Spitfire, so I went up the Chester Road to Court Lane, up past Perry Common terminus, the queue was from the island on the middle of Wotton Lodge Road, so I spun back around and went up Maxtead Road to College Road and up Warren Farm Road. Queued up to the lights on Hawthorn Road and have had to pull over on Kingstanding Road to have my RTA break

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk