News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

The trackers was saying that the 9s were screwed but in actual fact they weren't too bad??

CL

Quote from: Dom on March 25, 2017, 03:13:19 PM
4722, 4723, 4731, 4724, 4720 all just seen leaving city on the 35 all in service to Hawkesley, by the coach station.

4 nifty-50 MMCs seen leaving within a few minutes as well. One E to Alcester Lane, one not in service and the other two to Druids Heath.

City appears to be gridlocked.
Stops MS3 & MS4 were suspended today; one lane was cordoned off from traffic as a mobile crane was erecting another (so I hear) to (supposedly) start works on the new Primark in place of the Pavilions. I mean, I guess it doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together to say that this was the main cause of the chaos. :P

Buses serving those stops were picking up/letting off passengers from the 97 stop on Moor Street, as far as I know. It also seemed as if buses were unable to make the turn at Moor Street, as I noticed an MMC on the 50(E) coming from the Millennium Point region to get back on route. Minor diversion, but a diversion nonetheless.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on March 25, 2017, 10:55:34 PM
Stops MS3 & MS4 were suspended today; one lane was cordoned off from traffic as a mobile crane was erecting another (so I hear) to (supposedly) start works on the new Primark in place of the Pavilions. I mean, I guess it doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together to say that this was the main cause of the chaos. :P

Saw it at 06:00 yesterday morning and it was already a bit chaotic, figured it'd only get worse through the day lol
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

6118 running 15 late on the 241, and so conveniently 3 mins in front of the Diamond 4H on it's way round Hasbury

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on March 26, 2017, 02:01:21 PM
6118 running 15 late on the 241, and so conveniently 3 mins in front of the Diamond 4H on it's way round Hasbury

NX would never do such a thing. Oh wait it seems they are and more often than not nowadays.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 02:29:03 PM
NX would never do such a thing. Oh wait it seems they are and more often than not nowadays.

Yes, of course a driver deliberately goes looking for traffic jams in Birmingham just to be deliberately late on the 4H. One day you might get outside Halesowen and see the real world.

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

Somehow was expecting you to bite

GeminiFan1991

Anyway getting away from the usual diatribe against NX, I was in the City Centre yesterday after a while and I wasn't aware of the works that are going on so it was a surprise. Further to Clayderman's point, the suspended stops were stopping at the 97 stop, or just before it allowing for the 97 buses to get in. They didn't seem to be laying over which was a good thing as I reckon that would have caused further congestion although why didn't some services stop at the 17 stop ? Additionally the 35 & 50 were going up Carrs Lane to turn around.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2017, 02:48:34 PM
Yes, of course a driver deliberately goes looking for traffic jams in Birmingham just to be deliberately late on the 4H. One day you might get outside Halesowen and see the real world.

But of course if diamond were late you would be saying there a cowboy company who are running deliberately late to jeapodise nx.

Once again the biased forum strikes again

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 04:22:45 PM
But of course if diamond were late you would be saying there a cowboy company who are running deliberately late to jeapodise nx.

@Trident 4194 why do you continue with this forum if you think it is so biased?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

I have never accused Diamond of that. I drive buses, I know what happens and why buses run together, occasionally you get a rogue driver who thinks it's clever to race or block another company, but neither company instructs the other to do it and most drivers just want to come to work earn some money and go home on time. They are not going to run 15 minutes late to maybe pinch a passenger.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2017, 04:46:57 PM
I have never accused Diamond of that. I drive buses, I know what happens and why buses run together, occasionally you get a rogue driver who thinks it's clever to race or block another company, but neither company instructs the other to do it and most drivers just want to come to work earn some money and go home on time. They are not going to run 15 minutes late to maybe pinch a passenger.

Fair enough, but to me it just seems that 'traffic' is the excuse all the time. You see 3 9s together and just say traffic as an excuse

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 06:04:11 PM
Fair enough, but to me it just seems that 'traffic' is the excuse all the time. You see 3 9s together and just say traffic as an excuse

No other company in the West Midlands really runs a route frequent enough for that to happen

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

Because buses DON'T have wings to fly over traffic and yes it does happen go to Birmingham and watch the batching that happens due to yes TRAFFIC, let's bring your precious diamond into this. I finished work last week and and missed the 255, so I decided to get the 226 which is normally 5 mins after the 255. Which it arrived 10 mins late and on my way back the 226 got stuck in traffic by Wordsley and the Hanson's 226 was hot on it's heels! So Diamond do come late! And the 002 at rush hour you often see two 002 Arrive at Merry Hill together!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Westy

Could be worse.

Could be waiting for Thandi on the Dudley to Walsall corridor after 5pm.

They either vanish or run as shorts to Wednesbury only!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk