News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Midland

Started by Nathan4775, May 06, 2012, 07:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: John-s-91 on June 07, 2012, 10:54:50 PM
From 8th July, Midland are starting on the X96 and 297B commercially.

I wonder if NXWM will respond with frequency increases if Midland prove successfull? Where does the 297B go?

Quote from: Winston on June 07, 2012, 11:00:31 PM
Quote from: John-s-91 on June 07, 2012, 10:54:50 PM
From 8th July, Midland are starting on the X96 and 297B commercially.

I wonder if NXWM will respond with frequency increases if Midland prove successfull? Where does the 297B go?

I don't see the X96 being a threat, but I think the 297B has some potential
Gornal Wood to Merry Hill then from Merry Hill to Stourbridge, via the old 297 (287) route.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Will the X96 run the whole route? Can see potential in this as the NXWM buses can often suffer from timing issues and capacity issues, a bit of competition may mean that top brass at NXWM may realise that poor PE garage really does need a good few more Enviro's to cover the Dudley- Stourbridge routes and ideally a few boards on the 140 and 120, as WB run a running board anyway, often with a President which obviously won't be able to happen come January. 

MW

Quote from: wilmotm on June 08, 2012, 12:00:34 AM
Will the X96 run the whole route? Can see potential in this as the NXWM buses can often suffer from timing issues and capacity issues, a bit of competition may mean that top brass at NXWM may realise that poor PE garage really does need a good few more Enviro's to cover the Dudley- Stourbridge routes and ideally a few boards on the 140 and 120, as WB run a running board anyway, often with a President which obviously won't be able to happen come January.

Pensnett getting more Enviros for local routes is very optimistic with what's going on now I think.

They'd be lucky to get Presidents, although that would work. They have excellent interiors and don't look very old since the refurbs.

Badger

That's great news, the fastest way from Wolvo to Merry Hill is actually the 126 and X96 if timed right, and Midland are a great provider. The X96 gets very packed in the holiday periods at least.

I keep meaning to try the "new" tridents. Are the omnicities running anywhere yet?
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

"Pensnett getting more Enviros for local routes is very optimistic with what's going on now I think."

Oh yes I'm aware it is an optimistic statement but you never know, being a huge Specrta fan my favourite solution would be that if they are to be kicked out of WN by hybrids, send the best ones over to PE as the whole batch in my opinion really isn't ready for the Scrap heap in just 7 months time from now, and they wouldn't sell for too much either

Discodave

The yard where my lorry is based is next to Midland I have seen 2 omnilinks recently been repainted from skylink livery are they from trent or kinchbus i know they are 04 plate where are they going any help please have you seen them running Tony?

winston

Quote from: Discodave on June 08, 2012, 04:54:42 PM
The yard where my lorry is based is next to Midland I have seen 2 omnilinks recently been repainted from skylink livery are they from trent or kinchbus i know they are 04 plate where are they going any help please have you seen them running Tony?

6040 - YN04 GMU
6041 - YN04 GMV
6042 - YN04 GMX

They are ex Nottingham City Transport

PM

And theyre Omnicitys not Omnilinks...

Jack Grove

Ah, K Transport? Two of the OmniCities have been repainted - 6042 should be ready for the road next week. Undecided where they're going yet, there's a few possibilities.

I'm guessing these omnicitys will be used on Wolverhampton routes

Jack Grove

Quote from: 4504 on June 09, 2012, 12:33:25 AM
I'm guessing these omnicitys will be used on Wolverhampton routes

Not necessarily, a few Walsall and a Sandwell route fit the bill.

Discodave

Quote from: Jack Grove on June 08, 2012, 06:19:50 PM

Ah, K Transport? Two of the OmniCities have been repainted - 6042 should be ready for the road next week. Undecided where they're going yet, there's a few possibilities.
No I work for Norbet Dentressangle doing the BOC contract we share K transports yard

Jack Grove

YN04 GMX might sneak out tomorrow - if so, it'll be on the 33 (Walsall - Brownhills).

Bob

is that a short working of the Cannock service?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk