News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Rotas

Started by gc802002, September 07, 2013, 09:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 07:27:30 PM
It's often the enthusiasts, the fans, the 'Stans' of society who cause the most nuisance, harm and danger. I'm not tarnishing all enthusiasts with that brush, I'm an enthusiast myself and am just as interested in certain things as the next person. Just be mindful and appropriate.
Yes, some enthusiasts can be the biggest nuisances.  However, I feel that myself and others have been appropriate in this thread  and have been mindful of sensitivity of information.  I apologise personally and on behalf of others if you or any other staff members feel otherwise.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 07:27:30 PM
It's often the enthusiasts, the fans, the 'Stans' of society who cause the most nuisance, harm and danger. I'm not tarnishing all enthusiasts with that brush, I'm an enthusiast myself and am just as interested in certain things as the next person. Just be mindful and appropriate.
Fair points @Pat @Gareth  someone on this forum sent me a photo of me driving a Wyre Forest Shuttle Merc 0708 I was just pleased to stil have the blonde spiky hair today!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 06:41:48 PM
What time do you start work? What time do you finish? What time and where do you go on your break? That's how it seems weird.

I honestly think that's there's no malice or ill intention and that some people are just obsessed with every bit of information, fact and number. But just be aware sometime the information craved is not appropriate to post publicly.

One would hope you wouldn't go up to random drivers asking for rotas. It's nice to know if you got a driver you know well and what he's working, often more than happy to show you his rota in person

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2020, 08:57:14 PM
One would hope you wouldn't go up to random drivers asking for rotas. It's nice to know if you got a driver you know well and what he's working, often more than happy to show you his rota in person

So you wouldn't ask a random driver his Rota, but you would ask someone else, so you knew what random driver was doing

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2020, 09:10:33 PM
So you wouldn't ask a random driver his Rota, but you would ask someone else, so you knew what random driver was doing

No. I have no interest in what a random driver rota is

Steve3229vp

Any chance of this topic being locked ?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2020, 09:52:06 PM
No. I have no interest in what a random driver rota is

It's a Rota. Once you know what one person does you know them all

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2020, 10:13:55 PM
It's a Rota. Once you know what one person does you know them all
As I was actually a traine accountant at Midland Red West @Tony I doubt whether anyone else ever had the duty rotas I was given to cover staff shortages at Kidderminster after passing my test on 101 I always got the felling I was the last resort...............

Jack

How many sensitive people is there? As if a random enthusiast is going to go up to a driver and demand his rota sheet, who really cares? I only like to see what routes are on which rotas, especially when I see a driver on a route i've never seen them do before but often on another route I usually see them on.

And no drivers name have been mentioned either so again, more sensitive comments...

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Jack on July 04, 2020, 12:48:35 AM
How many sensitive people is there? As if a random enthusiast is going to go up to a driver and demand his rota sheet, who really cares? I only like to see what routes are on which rotas, especially when I see a driver on a route i've never seen them do before but often on another route I usually see them on.

And no drivers name have been mentioned either so again, more sensitive comments...
I can honestly say @Jack I drove for Midland Red  West from 1993 to 1997  & no one ever asked to see my rota.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 04, 2020, 12:48:35 AM

There is one who has written to the company several time demanding the duty sheets.

The same 'enthusiast' who stole a bus in London and has various other dodgy practises

mranon

its easy to work out regular faces on same routes, but theres some enthusiasts who show an interest, especially some of the younger ones. they know what rota im on, and yes information about an individual driver etc shouldn't be asked, but then ive seen many enthusiasts become drivers or involved in other positions. ive made a few good friends over the years who are enthusiasts, and from all walks of life too. for some its just like the football or other hobbies and it gets people out and about

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 04, 2020, 08:29:07 AM
There is one who has written to the company several time demanding the duty sheets.

The same 'enthusiast' who stole a bus in London and has various other dodgy practises
You have me all worked out don't you @Tony smack on as Sir Richard Dasterdly would put it Drat Drat & Double Drat!

Jack

Quote from: Tony on July 04, 2020, 08:29:07 AM

I am merely talking about sensitive comments on the forum.

Also, that is just completely unacceptable, the rota sheets are the drivers personal property, but I do not like people assuming that I'm out and watching every drivers move if they have a driver change. When all I'm interested is what routes are on the same rota.

This hobby is becoming too sensitive now.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 04, 2020, 09:50:11 AM
I am merely talking about sensitive comments on the forum.

Also, that is just completely unacceptable, the rota sheets are the drivers personal property, but I do not like people assuming that I'm out and watching every drivers move if they have a driver change. When all I'm interested is what routes are on the same rota.

This hobby is becoming too sensitive now.

It isn't too sensitive, It's just the hobby should be about the vehicles, and the operations, not about the people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk