News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Rotas

Started by gc802002, September 07, 2013, 09:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 05:43:02 PM
It's a duty rota for the employees and drivers to know what they are doing. If someone posted on a public forum wanting to know about my work rota, I would think it was creepy and unappropriate.
@Gareth I fully accept & understand your comments the duty working I quoted was from 1993 & social media consisted solely of phoneing Live & Kicking in those days.

Pat

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 05:43:02 PM
It's a duty rota for the employees and drivers to know what they are doing. If someone posted on a public forum wanting to know about my work rota, I would think it was creepy and unappropriate.
The only information on rotas we want to know is what routes are on them.  I couldn't give a toss about what rota someone worked on.

Gareth

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 06:09:40 PM
The only information on rotas we want to know is what routes are on them.  I couldn't give a toss about what rota someone worked on.

But there's comments about where drivers change over and have breaks etc. It's weird.

Dom

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 06:13:22 PM
But there's comments about where drivers change over and have breaks etc. It's weird.

Agreed

Pat

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 06:13:22 PM
I can see where you're coming from.  However, everyone can see where drivers change over anyway so I don't see how that seems weird?

Gareth

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 06:28:59 PM
I can see where you're coming from.  However, everyone can see where drivers change over anyway so I don't see how that seems weird?

What time do you start work? What time do you finish? What time and where do you go on your break? That's how it seems weird.

I honestly think that's there's no malice or ill intention and that some people are just obsessed with every bit of information, fact and number. But just be aware sometime the information craved is not appropriate to post publicly.

Pat

Quote from: Gareth on July 03, 2020, 06:41:48 PM
What time do you start work? What time do you finish? What time and where do you go on your break? That's how it seems weird.

I honestly think that's there's no malice or ill intention and that some people are just obsessed with every bit of information, fact and number. But just be aware sometime the information craved is not appropriate to post publicly.
I can't see any evidence in this thread of people asking start, break and finish times, or no one asking where drivers take their breaks.
I can understand why you think some of it is inappropriate, but I can't see anything in this thread that is a breach of GDPR, is commercially sensitive or intrudes driver privacy.  Nobody really cares about a single driver's working day.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 06:09:40 PM
I do not agree @Pat I think @Gareth has a valid point that the duty workings are case sensitive to the company and its employees. I doubt in normal times I would want my movements live tracked on social media yesterday I was able to reply to @Tony on Tridents on the 8E and I stand by that post as I refered to my detailed records I record daily I don't think I would want them in the public domain however as @Gareth quite rightly says.

Tony

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 07:00:02 PM
  Nobody really cares about a single driver's working day.

Oh they do!  Photos of driver's rotas and drivers duties have appeared on Social media from garage open days in the past. One of the jobs we have to do now when organising them is cover them up.

I have also had to delete questions on here asking for details of duties

Pat

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2020, 07:03:27 PM
Oh they do!  Photos of driver's rotas and drivers duties have appeared on Social media from garage open days in the past. One of the jobs we have to do now when organising them is cover them up.

I have also had to delete questions on here asking for details of duties
But is that necessarily to do with individual drivers, or the routes etc on the rota?  I think they perhaps may have been unaware of the sensitivity around that sort of information.

Tony

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 07:06:33 PM
But is that necessarily to do with individual drivers, or the routes etc on the rota?  I think they perhaps may have been unaware of the sensitivity around that sort of information.

If you know the two halves of a duty if you see a driver in the morning you know where to find/assault/abuse etc in the afternoon!

Pat

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2020, 07:10:47 PM
If you know the two halves of a duty if you see a driver in the morning you know where to find/assault/abuse etc in the afternoon!
Fair enough, in that sense it is where it becomes inappropriate.  What I can't understand though is why people think it is intrusive asking what routes are on a rota?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 07:06:33 PM
It is a long time ago @Pat  but I would not have been happy if Midland Red West allowed my duty workings into the public domain to me that is no ones business except the company and its employees mind you I doubt the company would have been too happy slightly deviating the Centro 208 on a Sunday to drop my Aunty Vera off outside her house!

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 03, 2020, 07:13:45 PM
It is a long time ago @Pat  but I would not have been happy if Midland Red West allowed my duty workings into the public domain to me that is no ones business except the company and its employees mind you I doubt the company would have been too happy slightly deviating the Centro 208 on a Sunday to drop my Aunty Vera off outside her house!
I completely agree with you @WyreForestShuttle.  I too wouldn't want my working week plastered all over social media for everyone to see.  What I'm suggesting is that the enthusiast isn't necessarily interested in a particular driver's day, but rather the routes that are on a particular rota and the vehicles you'll find on there.  It's who sees the photo afterwards that may be the biggest problem...

Gareth

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 07:21:05 PM
I completely agree with you @WyreForestShuttle.  I too wouldn't want my working week plastered all over social media for everyone to see.  What I'm suggesting is that the enthusiast isn't necessarily interested in a particular driver's day, but rather the routes that are on a particular rota and the vehicles you'll find on there.  It's who sees the photo afterwards that may be the biggest problem...

It's often the enthusiasts, the fans, the 'Stans' of society who cause the most nuisance, harm and danger. I'm not tarnishing all enthusiasts with that brush, I'm an enthusiast myself and am just as interested in certain things as the next person. Just be mindful and appropriate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk