News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Does the 23 heading out of town no longer stop at Barnes hill? I was returning from ASDA and noticed that the flag and timetable are missing it.

It would make sense since the Hillcrest School stop is only a 30 second walk away and this stop is right next to a roundabout, making it slightly dangerous for another vehicle to overtake it.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on December 16, 2020, 04:54:42 PM
Does the 23 heading out of town no longer stop at Barnes hill? I was returning from ASDA and noticed that the flag and timetable are missing it.

It would make sense since the Hillcrest School stop is only a 30 second walk away and this stop is right next to a roundabout, making it slightly dangerous for another vehicle to overtake it.

I used that stop today when getting off an X22, so it must still be used.
That stop has been there for quite some time, can't see it just being taken away.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Sayeed

Quote from: Cheese on December 10, 2020, 10:57:28 AM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 10, 2020, 04:37:05 PM

Quote from: SO6597 on December 10, 2020, 07:16:58 PM

Thank you guys, interesting read.

Quote from: mesub on December 16, 2020, 04:54:42 PM

I was going to post about this while ago that they should restrict it at certain times. Plus, pupils' parents/guardians park their car there as a drop off and pick up point, which it could be why there is long traffic.

Век живи - век учись

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 16, 2020, 10:38:46 PM
I used that stop today when getting off an X22, so it must still be used.
That stop has been there for quite some time, can't see it just being taken away.

The X22 and 39A are still on the flag, only the 23 is missing interestingly
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on December 17, 2020, 07:06:49 PM
The X22 and 39A are still on the flag, only the 23 is missing interestingly

Ah fair enough, I didn't look at the flag personally. That is interesting actually.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

I was looking out of the car window and noticed that it's the same for both the Hillcrest School stop and the Simmons Leasow stop so it must be some sort of human error. Unless there are plans to reroute the 23? (Highly unlikely though).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

SO6597

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 10, 2020, 04:37:05 PM
I think it was possibly the routes that the 453/454 replaced,

There was the 653 which ran Hamstead / Aston University across to B'ham Uni and World's End / Quinton, Jeffersons under the Quickstep brand

There was also a route that ran from Smethwick and went along the 453/4 route but up Rathbone Rd as opposed to Norman Rd, through the Fitzroy Estate, Overdale Road, Welsh House Farm and came out on Quinton Road opposite the Hillyfields and onto the Outer Circle route which could then have taken Cross Farm Road heading to Harborne or the QE. It could have been the 642,

I've recently bought a second hand MRW timetable book dated Autumn 1991. It was the 653 that ran along 
Cross Farm Road - some journeys to Hamstead started at Harborne Park Road and ran one way along there to join Metchley Lane. The actual timetable is dated September 90 so it used the road for at least a year.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on September 03, 2020, 06:49:27 PM
I noticed this morning at the Palmerston Road stops on Stratford Road by Aldi, that the stop for the X50 now shows 'Not In Use'.

Just been on the Johnsons website and the X50 has been reinstated since 30th August, but now stops at Stoney Lane stop towards city instead.

In my opinion, these two stops by Aldi should have been 'switched' a long time ago, to make things a bit easier when buses are making up time when running early. As the X50 only runs on Sunday, it makes more sense to me to have the 2, 3, 4/A, 5 and 6 use that stop instead, then any other bus arriving behind can use the other stop as an 'overspill'.  (Like what happens across the road next to the church).

There was one morning a few weeks ago, when there were already two buses waiting at the stop, while another was waiting before the car park entrance. The bus I was on (either 2 or 3 can't remember now) ended up having to pull in ahead of this queue, and ended up just beyond the X50 stop.

Looks like someone agreed with me - noticed today that the two stops next to Aldi city-bound have been switched around now, much better now!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SK68MEV

on hurst lane castle brom there seems to be two missing stops which show up in the network wm app but when you got there both stops are not there

i don't know how to add a photo please help
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

ellspurs

Quote from: SK68MEV on April 09, 2021, 06:23:55 PM
on hurst lane castle brom there seems to be two missing stops which show up in the network wm app but when you got there both stops are not there

i don't know how to add a photo please help

Which set of stops is it? There's one set north of Longmeadow Crescent (only served by the 58) and one set south of Longmeadow Crescent (served by 58 and 55 going north, and only the 58 going south).

If you need to upload a photo, click the "attachment" button below where you type your message in, and follow the instructions. If you've uploaded the file elsewhere, just paste the URL.

EDIT: I got the road wrong and changed it.

Sandy Lane

Are there many floating bus stops in the West Mids. Have a look on Youtube if you dont know what I mean

SK68MEV

Quote from: ellspurs on April 09, 2021, 06:59:50 PM
Which set of stops is it? There's one set north of Longmeadow Crescent (only served by the 58) and one set south of Longmeadow Crescent (served by 58 and 55 going north, and only the 58 going south).

If you need to upload a photo, click the "attachment" button below where you type your message in, and follow the instructions. If you've uploaded the file elsewhere, just paste the URL.

EDIT: I got the road wrong and changed it.
it's hurst lane north sorry
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

ellspurs

Quote from: SK68MEV on April 09, 2021, 08:09:48 PM
it's hurst lane north sorry

Yeah, those stops aren't there. As mentioned by Tony on another thread recently, Hurst Lane North never used to have any stops at all on it because the residents objected to the buses going up that road when the 194 started to serve Chelmsley Wood North. Currently there is just the one stop by Castle Bromwich Junior School towards the Chester Road end.

I've just been on the Network WM website and done a "plan your journey" from Springfield Road to the City Centre. The directions tell you to walk to that stop you've got in your screenshot, but if you click on the map, there's no bus stop shown there. It appears to be an error on their end.

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 09, 2021, 07:47:11 PM
Are there many floating bus stops in the West Mids. Have a look on Youtube if you dont know what I mean

I've not seen any. I watched the video of the one in Trumpington, Cambridge, and I've honestly not noticed any over there when I've been in Cambridge (although to be fair, most of my time in Cambridge is spent avoiding the cyclists that just appear from anywhere and everywhere).

Sandy Lane

There is at least one floating bus stop going in on Barker Butts Lane Coventry as there will be a new cycleway. I think the council is looking at adding more of them in Coventry.

Some people say they are dangerous if the waiting island is too narrow? Drivers will need to be careful loading wheel chairs in case a bike comes wizzing along.

The 14 stop outside Grace Academy in Chelmsley Wood says "towards Marston Green" on it.
Think it should say "towards Alum Rock" as only the 72 goes to Marston Green.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk