News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

The Stafford Road stops have been updated to remove the 54A.

4/58 bus stop in Solihull Town Centre has "62 Warwickshire College" on the stop. Not sure why this is still on it. As sure I remember reading this service was withdrawn by Stagecoach and that was years ago.
So not sure why its on a newer WM Bus flag.

Edit - Just noticed I mentioned the same error exactly 2 years ago on another thread.
Quote from: 2206 on September 07, 2018, 07:35:14 PM
A few errors in the Solihull area:
The stop the 4 uses in Solihull Town Centre on Poplar Road (Towards Birmingham) still says "62 Warwickshire College" on the flag - though Stagecoach withdrew this route years ago now and since then they've updated the same flag to show "4 Birmingham (Updated from 37).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

I see the 76 has been added to stops in Harborne, Weoley and Northfield now. But they've been missed off one side of Harborne Park Rd towards Solihull. I don't know if this is an error because the 27 didn't go along that side because of the silly one way loop or what.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

ellspurs

... they've gone back around and readded the 94A to the bus flags around here. I hope Claribels hasn't had to pay twice for that.

BBS

Starting to See a Massive change in bus stops in Acocks Green.Especially ones with no shelter and have bus times in the other side.Just a few more blue ones left to be replaced.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

This new flag has been put in the wrong place as the 76 and X21 don't use that stop.

53 Stop at Richmond Road, Stechford (Towards City Centre) has seemingly got a new flag for some reason which says "Bus Stop Not In Use".
I thought the 53 stops there, I have checked the stop list on Traveline WM and it is listed as stopping there "Stechford, Five Ways (after)". So I presume that is an error.

Also seems like a long distance between there and Stechford Station without a stop. Does it operate a hail and ride service along there, or just not stop?

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=20053&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA01_62592968&lineVer=3&itdLPxx_spTr=3&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=THC
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2020, 07:26:51 PM
53 Stop at Richmond Road, Stechford (Towards City Centre) has seemingly got a new flag for some reason which says "Bus Stop Not In Use".
I thought the 53 stops there, I have checked the stop list on Traveline WM and it is listed as stopping there "Stechford, Five Ways (after)". So I presume that is an error.

Also seems like a long distance between there and Stechford Station without a stop. Does it operate a hail and ride service along there, or just not stop?

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=20053&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA01_62592968&lineVer=3&itdLPxx_spTr=3&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=THC

Has that list been purposely selected like that? Intricate details of stops in Alum Rock, then Stechford Station, Shard End and the "Smithwood" terminus. It does stop more times than that, there's about 5 stops on Lanchester Way in Smith's Wood alone.

Quote from: ellspurs on September 27, 2020, 08:07:25 PM
Has that list been purposely selected like that? Intricate details of stops in Alum Rock, then Stechford Station, Shard End and the "Smithwood" terminus. It does stop more times than that, there's about 5 stops on Lanchester Way in Smith's Wood alone.
Click all stops and you can see all of them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2020, 08:08:57 PM
Click all stops and you can see all of them.

I see. Well bold type are "important stops", right? Why are all the Alum Rock stops important?

I don't understand things most of the time -_-.

MasterPlan

Looks like a new stop has been added on Cromwell Lane for the 002 and X21. Not sure why though.

Sayeed

Does anyone know what bus route used to run on the Cross farm road (it is between Harborne park road and Metchley lane)? I couldn't see it clearly when I drove past that road and through google map but it was a Midland red bus stop.

Also the same question about Ridgacre Lane (by Quinton Tesco) but sadly, there isn't bus stop. It was removed when the street lights modernised.
Век живи - век учись

Cheese

Quote from: Sayeed on December 09, 2020, 09:20:32 PM
Does anyone know what bus route used to run on the Cross farm road (it is between Harborne park road and Metchley lane)? I couldn't see it clearly when I drove past that road and through google map but it was a Midland red bus stop.

Also the same question about Ridgacre Lane (by Quinton Tesco) but sadly, there isn't bus stop. It was removed when the street lights modernised.

It might have been the 453/454 that used Cross Farm Road at some point, my Midland Red West guide from Summer 94 has them going a different way but I'm sure I've seen a timetable showing they may have gone that way at some point?

fleetline6477

Quote from: Cheese on December 10, 2020, 10:57:28 AM
It might have been the 453/454 that used Cross Farm Road at some point, my Midland Red West guide from Summer 94 has them going a different way but I'm sure I've seen a timetable showing they may have gone that way at some point?

I think it was possibly the routes that the 453/454 replaced,

There was the 653 which ran Hamstead / Aston University across to B'ham Uni and World's End / Quinton, Jeffersons under the Quickstep brand

There was also a route that ran from Smethwick and went along the 453/4 route but up Rathbone Rd as opposed to Norman Rd, through the Fitzroy Estate, Overdale Road, Welsh House Farm and came out on Quinton Road opposite the Hillyfields and onto the Outer Circle route which could then have taken Cross Farm Road heading to Harborne or the QE. It could have been the 642,

SO6597

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 10, 2020, 04:37:05 PM
I think it was possibly the routes that the 453/454 replaced,

There was the 653 which ran Hamstead / Aston University across to B'ham Uni and World's End / Quinton, Jeffersons under the Quickstep brand

There was also a route that ran from Smethwick and went along the 453/4 route but up Rathbone Rd as opposed to Norman Rd, through the Fitzroy Estate, Overdale Road, Welsh House Farm and came out on Quinton Road opposite the Hillyfields and onto the Outer Circle route which could then have taken Cross Farm Road heading to Harborne or the QE. It could have been the 642,

I've looked at some old Centro maps from the early to late 90s and those routes aren't shown as serving Cross Farm Road. In the earlier maps the road is on there but shown as unserved - later versions no longer show it. May be a short-lived route change which doesn't show up in too many places. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk