News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 23, 2021, 07:15:44 AM
Why is the X21 included on that flag?

Your guess is as good as mine.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

ayyHugo

At least one of the bus stop flags outside of the QE has been evidently secured to the shelter with the wrong edge, no wonder the flags are in this state if the contractors can't perform such a simple task!

Waiting for the 28  going to Ward End at the stop on the Chester Road by the JLR and the RTI board was saying that the stop was being served by the "67 to Hasbury" and "28 to Alum Rock". Neither of which are correct.
I've no idea where Hasbury is even supposed to be, as its 67 to Castle Vale and the 28 doesn't serve the Alum Rock Road like the 14 does, it turns left onto Belchers Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2021, 04:25:07 PM
Waiting for the 28  going to Ward End at the stop on the Chester Road by the JLR and the RTI board was saying that the stop was being served by the "67 to Hasbury" and "28 to Alum Rock". Neither of which are correct.
I've no idea where Hasbury is even supposed to be, as its 67 to Castle Vale and the 28 doesn't serve the Alum Rock Road like the 14 does it turns left onto Belchers Lane.

Hmmm.... a secret cross city extension to the 67 then :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2021, 04:25:07 PM
"28 to Alum Rock".

I've been seeing the 28's on bustimes.org saying Alum Rock instead of Heartlands Hospital - so maybe it's been changed?
https://bustimes.org/services/28-small-heath-great-barr-via-erdington/vehicles?date=2021-09-28
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Quote from: GoldenSquid on September 28, 2021, 12:47:19 PM
I've been seeing the 28's on bustimes.org saying Alum Rock instead of Heartlands Hospital - so maybe it's been changed?
https://bustimes.org/services/28-small-heath-great-barr-via-erdington/vehicles?date=2021-09-28
Whats changed? Terminates by Aldi on Bordesley Green East down the road from Heartlands Hospital like it always has. 73 at Heartlands terminates at the stops near the hospital entrance, though the RTI screens likewise used to show "73 Alum Rock" I think.
I don't think the big blue RTI board things at the Fox & Goose even recognises the 28 as its only ever got the 11 and 94/95 on it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: GoldenSquid on September 28, 2021, 12:47:19 PM

Quote from: 2206 on September 28, 2021, 02:10:24 PM
Whats changed? Terminates by Aldi on Bordesley Green East down the road from Heartlands Hospital like it always has. 73 at Heartlands terminates at the stops near the hospital entrance, though the RTI screens likewise used to show "73 Alum Rock" I think.

Nothing has changed, its just due to 'data sources'. Every bus stop has a name, a street name and an area/district stored in the national database. The terminus points are determined from the 'area/district' of the bus stop the route terminates at

For some reason the stops at Heartlands Hospital likely fall under the wider 'Alum Rock' district/area, which will be also why the 73 shows the same. Equally on RTI displays, the 50 shows 'Digbeth' as the destination, and the 2 shows 'Highters Heath'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Nice to see that in Walsall that apparently the 7A, 8A and 10A are still supposedly running according to the flags. A month later, very sloppy!

Westy

Quote from: Jack on October 04, 2021, 06:52:06 PM
Nice to see that in Walsall that apparently the 7A, 8A and 10A are still supposedly running according to the flags. A month later, very sloppy!

And the 60!

The 6 stop in Solihull Town Centre for some reason has a timetable for 96 Kingstanding to Chelmsley Wood via Erdington.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on October 08, 2021, 09:25:40 PM
The 6 stop in Solihull Town Centre for some reason has a timetable for 96 Kingstanding to Chelmsley Wood via Erdington.

Ah, that's where the timetable has ended up. There's a few stops around here missing a 96 timetable.

The X1 stop at the Burges in Coventry is missing the timetable for that service.
There are timetables for 7 service, etc. It looked as though they couldn't fit it on.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack D

3 new stops have been installed on heathland avenue for 96, looks like they've moved from where the temporary ones were

Stu

Had an email from TfWM earlier today regarding Service Disruption.

QuoteWhat happened?
From Sunday 7th November (to Tue 30th November)

Stop MS16 on Moor Street Queensway will be closed for Sprint shelter upgrade works.

During this time, the following services will move stops

NXWM 45, 47, 61, 63, 97, X21, X22 will move to stop at MS15
NXWM 2, 3, 4, 4A, 5, 6 and Johnsons X50 will move to a temporary stop adjacent to Moor Street Station

I just find it really strange (and pointless) as the 2, 3, 5 and 6 services already use the stop across the road to terminate and start from on Moor Street Queensway.

Is there really any need for these services to utilise any stop on that side of the road?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2021, 06:02:12 PM
Had an email from TfWM earlier today regarding Service Disruption.

I just find it really strange (and pointless) as the 2, 3, 5 and 6 services already use the stop across the road to terminate and start from on Moor Street Queensway.

Is there really any need for these services to utilise any stop on that side of the road?

Purely to stop people from having to cross over a busy road to get their bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk