News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/heatwave-causes-chelmsley-wood-bus-21090405

As this isn't a "bus incident", I felt that this was the most appropriate place to report a bus shelter "exploding".

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on July 19, 2021, 04:56:18 PM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/heatwave-causes-chelmsley-wood-bus-21090405

As this isn't a "bus incident", I felt that this was the most appropriate place to report a bus shelter "exploding".

Makes a change from a Diamond bus being involved, as it was in Leamore a few years ago!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on July 19, 2021, 06:32:24 PM
Makes a change from a Diamond bus being involved, as it was in Leamore a few years ago!
if i remember correctly it was a Optare solo on the 31 during the winter

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on July 19, 2021, 04:56:18 PM

Todays temperatures are not enough to make a bus shelter catch fire by itself.

My conclusion is that something else caused this, probably kids messing about setting things alight.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Well it's Chelmsley Wood. It's a given that the kiddies are involved.

Either that or one of the electrical things powering the lights/destination display went kablooey?

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on July 19, 2021, 07:08:36 PM
Well it's Chelmsley Wood. It's a given that the kiddies are involved.

Either that or one of the electrical things powering the lights/destination display went kablooey?

A few weeks back, my sister flagged up bare wires showing in the Bloxwich Samuel Street shelter.

She asked me to report it for her , as she didn't know how to, & as far as I know, it's been resolved.

I wonder if it might have been a similar issue,  that wasn't reported?

MasterPlan

I like how they've replaced the flag at stop NS1 with the pride one but included the X20 on it lol.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BNH2004

I've noticed alot of bus stops in Wolverhampton haven't been updated to show the new 29th August 2021 timetable, some have been done but loads haven't

ellspurs

They're rather behind.

None of the 96 stops have had their flags changed here yet, the stops still show the sign in them that the 96 route had changed. Next time I walk past one of the new stops I'll look to see if they've changed the timetable at least.

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: ellspurs on September 20, 2021, 08:48:51 PM
None of the 96 stops have had their flags changed here yet, the stops still show the sign in them that the 96 route had changed. Next time I walk past one of the new stops I'll look to see if they've changed the timetable at least.
I noticed today the whole timetable case at Alum Rock Road, Treaford Lane has disappeared along with the timetable at that stop. Towards Great Barr on 28.

In Bucklands End they changed the flags to show 95 I think and never added 96 as of Friday
The stop that I was waiting for the 94/95 at yesterday in Ward End on Washwood Heath Road has finally had timetable changed though, for weeks it has still said 55.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on September 22, 2021, 10:16:38 PM
I noticed today the whole timetable case at Alum Rock Road, Treaford Lane has disappeared along with the timetable at that stop. Towards Great Barr on 28.

In Bucklands End they changed the flags to show 95 I think and never added 96 as of Friday
The stop that I was waiting for the 94/95 at yesterday in Ward End on Washwood Heath Road has finally had timetable changed though, for weeks it has still said 55.

I don't think the 96 has been changed at all. The flags on Parkfield Estate have had X70 changed to X13, but not had the 96 removed, and the Smith's Wood stops still remain as they were. It seems like the 96 changes were planned later than the 55/X70 changes.

ellspurs

Quote from: ellspurs on September 20, 2021, 08:48:51 PM
They're rather behind.

As an update to this...

I walked from Smith's Wood down to Timberley Lane today (I like to go for a walk each day) with the intention of getting the bus back. I got to Timberley Lane, just to see the bus pass as there isn't even a bus stop installed on the Chelmsley-bound side of the road. I then wandered up Brownfield Road with the intention of getting the bus at the stop on Heath Way. None of the stops I saw had updated flags on them (except the one on Heath Way had been changed to 95 from 55). The timetables had been updated however to include the 96.

I got on the 96 when it turned up, there were two others on there. Someone else got on at Chester Road/Timberley Lane, and someone got on at the Hurst Lane North stop, asking if the bus went down Auckland Drive (driver said he went down Lanchester Way). The Hurst Lane North stop didn't have an updated timetable in it. She got off at the first stop on Lanchester Way (Morris Croft, as there isn't a stop by the Green Lane junction), and two people got off at the Burtons Lane stop. No information was displayed on the buses regarding any route changes (I am unaware if this stopped being done due to COVID).

Quote from: ellspurs on September 23, 2021, 01:29:38 PM
No information was displayed on the buses regarding any route changes (I am unaware if this stopped being done due to COVID).
I can say for certain there is/was information regarding route changes onboard, as I remember seeing them, the notice was on the window where they are normally found and near where they are/were advertising student passes, etc.
These may have been removed by now as the changes occured some time ago, or just not on that paticular bus, i'm not sure on that.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk