News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Dom on April 03, 2018, 10:40:43 AM
Right, let me address this. If  a stop is to be changed from a shelter to a pole or visa versa a survey, by the team I work on is conducted. This survey consists of someone being stood at the stop from 7am-7pm over the course of two days monitoring boarders and alighters, this information is then passed on to a different department and is reviewed.

They obviously did not feel that the stop was busy enough to justify a shelter.

Straight up never seen you guys there and I pass the stop twice a day, hell even use it myself a couple times a week but I'll take your slightly arrogant word for it - you guys apparently have data proving me wrong

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2018, 10:48:11 AM
And of course there is a possibility that more streetworks are planned, so reinstating a shelter to have to remove it again when streetworks start is just extra costs

That scenario seems plausible but if they know there's more works likely couldn't they just leave the temp one further round the corner? Or if it's done on a "we don't know if there's more streetworks" then could you not apply that logic to literally every single bus stop?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on April 03, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
Straight up never seen you guys there and I pass the stop twice a day, hell even use it myself a couple times a week but I'll take your slightly arrogant word for it - you guys apparently have data proving me wrong

Not arrogant at all Kevin. Simply I am telling you how it is. We don't just think oh let's make that a flag pole there has to be evidence to back up the decision. I had one a few months back on Wrens Nest, they reviewed the data and decided to keep it as a shelter.

These surveys have also been carried out around Walsall. You may not see people as theseen surveys can be carried out from the surveyours car.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on April 03, 2018, 06:36:52 PM
Not arrogant at all Kevin. Simply I am telling you how it is. We don't just think oh let's make that a flag pole there has to be evidence to back up the decision. I had one a few months back on Wrens Nest, they reviewed the data and decided to keep it as a shelter.

These surveys have also been carried out around Walsall. You may not see people as theseen surveys can be carried out from the surveyours car.
Your guys have obviously not seen this stop, it's 95% busy during the day!

Quote from: Kevin on April 03, 2018, 06:13:38 PM

That scenario seems plausible but if they know there's more works likely couldn't they just leave the temp one further round the corner? Or if it's done on a "we don't know if there's more streetworks" then could you not apply that logic to literally every single bus stop?
That Stop has been many times during the last few months and that naff temporary Stop was placed by the relief point for the 52. I agree it should be moved down slightly where the shelter could stay and not be messed around with.

While were on about this but could the 907 share a Stop with the 33 at the One Stop bus station? Sorry but I don't see the point that it's shares the Stop with the 46. Not only that but the 46 always has a lot of people waiting for it compared to the 907. Also they don't really follow each other. But it probably won't happen, the 907 is neglected so it doesn't matter.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on April 03, 2018, 08:47:42 PM
Your guys have obviously not seen this stop, it's 95% busy during the day!

That Stop has been many times during the last few months and that naff temporary Stop was placed by the relief point for the 52. I agree it should be moved down slightly where the shelter could stay and not be messed around with.

While were on about this but could the 907 share a Stop with the 33 at the One Stop bus station? Sorry but I don't see the point that it's shares the Stop with the 46. Not only that but the 46 always has a lot of people waiting for it compared to the 907. Also they don't really follow each other. But it probably won't happen, the 907 is neglected so it doesn't matter.
I agree with you on the 907 (my route) on both counts. I wish the would move it away from the X51 stop in Lower Bull Street, the amount of times a 907 can't get in is countless. I wonder if it would be better stopping with the 934-4/997, I know there are more buses from this stop but the present stop with the X51 is in a very tight spot.

Straightlines

Quote from: Dom on April 03, 2018, 10:40:43 AM
Right, let me address this. If  a stop is to be changed from a shelter to a pole or visa versa a survey, by the team I work on is conducted. This survey consists of someone being stood at the stop from 7am-7pm over the course of two days monitoring boarders and alighters, this information is then passed on to a different department and is reviewed.

They obviously did not feel that the stop was busy enough to justify a shelter.

And here lies some of the money wasted by TfWM!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Straightlines on April 03, 2018, 10:16:10 PM

Haha you do have a point. I couldn't care less whether it was a pole or bus shelter, just go out for when the bus is due and you don't have to use the shelter anyway

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 03, 2018, 10:18:08 PM
Haha you do have a point. I couldn't care less whether it was a pole or bus shelter, just go out for when the bus is due and you don't have to use the shelter anyway

Unless it's the 9 and regardless of when it's due you could still be waiting 40 minutes in the rain? 😉😉

V89MOA

The new bus shelters are crap anyway with half the walls missing, might as well be a pole for what good they are in the rain. Tfwm don't care about passengers at all.

Trident 4194

Quote from: V89MOA on April 03, 2018, 10:39:56 PM
The new bus shelters are crap anyway with half the walls missing, might as well be a pole for what good they are in the rain. Tfwm don't care about passengers at all.

That's another good point the amount that have glass shattered by the youths!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Mike K on April 03, 2018, 10:36:05 PM
Unless it's the 9 and regardless of when it's due you could still be waiting 40 minutes in the rain? 😉😉

Just have to pray it's not raining in those circumstances 😁

V89MOA

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 03, 2018, 10:41:02 PM
That's another good point the amount that have glass shattered by the youths!
I meant the perfectly good stops tfwm are ripping out across Birmingham and replacing with short silver ones that have half the walls missing, just to cash in on adverts!

Westy

Quote from: Dom on April 03, 2018, 06:36:52 PM

Have the stops on Green Lane in Walsall that are only served by the X51 been looked at?

Only 2 to 3 journeys each way & a few shelters on that section.

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on April 03, 2018, 10:39:56 PM
The green and yellow ones (from the late 90s) are like that too. Just so an advert display can be put into the side of a grey one.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 03, 2018, 09:52:15 PM
I agree with you on the 907 (my route) on both counts. I wish the would move it away from the X51 stop in Lower Bull Street, the amount of times a 907 can't get in is countless. I wonder if it would be better stopping with the 934-4/997, I know there are more buses from this stop but the present stop with the X51 is in a very tight spot.
Yes you are right at the City stop, the frequent non-limited stop services (33/51/52/52A) make it hard for the X51 and 907 to get into their Stop. Either put the 907 with the other 9** routes or swap the X51/907 Stop with the non-limited Stop services.

Has anyone seen the state of the shelter at the Reedswood Sainsbury's? Has no seats, half of the windows are missing (some dumped into the bushes) and you can barely stand inside it as it's full of trolleys. @Westy have you seen this one? It's a poxy small (I mean small) blue and orange one, may as well put a pole stop there, but TfWM don't want to fix it, so putting a Pole Stop up will probably save money

the trainbasher

Quote from: Straightlines on April 03, 2018, 10:16:10 PM

Well said sir

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk