News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

I went on the number 6 to Sutton Coldfield (lovely route) where I saw a very old bus stop shelter made out of wood and the passenger got on and I overheard him saying that the bus stop is full of spide webs and creepy crawlers and he might go to an alternative bus stop

Jack

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 25, 2018, 11:31:34 PM
I went on the number 6 to Sutton Coldfield (lovely route) where I saw a very old bus stop shelter made out of wood and the passenger got on and I overheard him saying that the bus stop is full of spide webs and creepy crawlers and he might go to an alternative bus stop
I know which one you're on about...
In Little Aston, out of the WM boundary so are under Staffs, hence why it's wood, many of the bus shelters around Staffs are wood.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Jack on August 26, 2018, 12:15:08 AM
I know which one you're on about...
In Little Aston, out of the WM boundary so are under Staffs, hence why it's wood, many of the bus shelters around Staffs are wood.
But I never noticed it before and thanks for the info

Westy

Why can't TfWM come to some arrangement over certain Staffs bus stops like the ones on the 6, where it dips in & out of the WM county, & be allowed to put their information in the stop?

(Or alternatively, based on what I saw yesterday going to Lichfield, NX could put it's own info in the stops, as they're the only operator serving the stops concerned!)

Quote from: Westy on August 26, 2018, 12:15:23 PM
Why can't TfWM come to some arrangement over certain Staffs bus stops like the ones on the 6, where it dips in & out of the WM county, & be allowed to put their information in the stop?

(Or alternatively, based on what I saw yesterday going to Lichfield, NX could put it's own info in the stops, as they're the only operator serving the stops concerned!)
Probably because it's got nothing to do with TFWM. TFWM don't manage the bus services and bus shelters in Staffordshire, Staffordshire Council do, so it's probably down to the council/operator to put info up at stops.

In Warwickshire in Coleshill and Water Orton (the last time I went there - a few weeks back now), the old 590A/C route number was still on some of the flags with TWM logos as well, some in Coleshill had old 75X route numbers as well, and the 590A/C hasn't operated for about 10 years now.
Though I can't see what's stopping NX from putting there own X70 info up on the flags in the area, Central buses did and put Connection 75 and route info for there 75 service on some flags in the Coleshill area only a year or two ago.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2018, 12:32:15 PM
Probably because it's got nothing to do with TFWM. TFWM don't manage the bus services and bus shelters in Staffordshire, Staffordshire Council do, so it's probably down to the council/operator to put info up at stops.

In Warwickshire in Coleshill and Water Orton (the last time I went there - a few weeks back now), the old 590A/C route number was still on some of the flags with TWM logos as well, some in Coleshill had old 75X route numbers as well, and the 590A/C hasn't operated for about 10 years now.
Though I can't see what's stopping NX from putting there own X70 info up at stops in the area, Central buses did and put Connection 75 and route info for there 75 service on some flags in the Coleshill area only a year or two ago.

Spot on. When it's not in the TfWM boundary, they have no right to put TfWM flags up.

For example, First have put Salt Road branded flags through Rubery village.

Steveminor

Also it's no secret staffs is no lover of TfWM or their policies so putting a TfWM stop in staffs would go down like the titanic

Sayeed

Quote from: Dom on August 26, 2018, 04:01:46 PM
Spot on. When it's not in the TfWM boundary, they have no right to put TfWM flags up.

For example, First have put Salt Road branded flags through Rubery village.

There is only one on the Whetty Lane though.
Век живи - век учись

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2018, 12:32:15 PM
Though I can't see what's stopping NX from putting there own X70 info up at stops in the area, Central buses did and put Connection 75 and route info for there 75 service on some flags in the Coleshill area only a year or two ago.

If you actually look at the printed timetables at those stops, you'll find the X70 timetables shown on them. Last time I went through Coleshill (when it was the 70) they did at least I did notice.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2018, 07:57:56 PM
If you actually look at the printed timetables at those stops, you'll find the X70 timetables shown on them. Last time I went through Coleshill (when it was the 70) they did at least I did notice.
There's a standard Warwickshire timetable at the stops with the departure times from the stop, yes.
What I meant was covering up old 590A/590C route numbers and Travel West Midland logos on the flags with a NXWM logo and a X70 , like Central Buses did when they put the 75 on the flags (along with a list of placed served.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2018, 08:04:38 PM
There's a standard Warwickshire timetable at the stops with the departure times from the stop, yes.
What I meant was covering up old 590A/590C route numbers and Travel West Midland logos on the flags with a NXWM logo and a X70 , like Central Buses did when they put the 75 on the flags (along with a list of placed served.

As has previously been stated, as those stops are outside the TfWM area, what appears on the flags is up to that local authority to provide, and what arrangements bus operators need to make.

Central Buses may have made an arrangement to put stickers on those flags, which NXWM haven't done. If it really bothers you, take this up with Warwickshire CC and NXWM, and you'll probably find the same reason for why bus stops in Burton Green still show the 192 and have Travel West Midlands shown on them.
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2018, 09:30:58 PM
As has previously been stated, as those stops are outside the TfWM area, what appears on the flags is up to that local authority to provide, and what arrangements bus operators need to make.

Central Buses may have made an arrangement to put stickers on those flags, which NXWM haven't done. If it really bothers you, take this up with Warwickshire CC and NXWM, and you'll probably find the same reason for why bus stops in Burton Green still show the 192 and have Travel West Midlands shown on them.
I know that it has nothing to do with TFWM, it was me who originally stated that above.
I know that it is down to the council and the operator to make arrangements with them, though I see no reason why it couldn't be done if NX were to do that (removing outdated information in the process) and Central Buses made an arrangement NX haven't. I was just using the Central Buses 75 flags as an example.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2018, 09:42:52 PM
I know that it has nothing to do with TFWM, it was me who originally stated that above.
I know that it is down to the council and the operator to make arrangements with them, though I see no reason why it couldn't be done if NX were to do that and Central Buses made an arrangement NX haven't. I was just using the Central Buses 75 flags as an example.
How come NX can only do it on the 10A but not any other routes that go out of TfWM boundary?
Trying to show the new extension of the 10A?

MasterPlan

Why do the stops around the Airport say both the 966 and X12?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk