News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: 2900 on January 31, 2015, 09:44:06 AM
Thursday night was fun on colmore row all the stops changed service, harborne services moved to the dudley rd stop, hagley Rd to harborne stop, and finally dudley Rd to hagley Rd stop. Good fun people running around like headless chickens, I,d like to think somebody at centro was being mischivious with the computer. To be be honest it made  sense to group all buses heading up the hagley road together.

It works a lot better now though as the Harborne services do not block Colmore Row any more while they are changing drivers

I have also noticed today that quite a few electronic bus stop displays were not working, 2 I can remember are the Aston Uni stop and the 65/7 stop on The Priory Queensway

For some reason the RTI screen at the Bromford Lane, Old Bromford lane stop (Clockwise), is showing that the next 11C due there is at 05:09 (AM).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on January 02, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
For some reason the RTI screen at the Bromford Lane, Old Bromford lane stop (Clockwise), is showing that the next 11C due there is at 05:09 (AM).
RTI screens on the 11 route don't appear to be working properly at the minute. Bromford Lane Old Bromford Lane hasn't been working properly for over a month.
They're always stuck on something, frozen on something different each day, today I got to the Old Bromford Lane stop and it was showing 57 minutes (which didn't seem right), but then it was going down to 56 and it wasn't frozen and by the time it got to 49 minutes I thought that it might actually be correct as it looked like it was working, though it turned out to still not be working and a 11 turned up. Others that aren't working properly are the big display at the Swan that was stuck on 02:29 AM and the 11A stop at Stechford Station.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

RTI screen at the 51 stand in Walsall Bus Station hasn't worked properly for the last 2 months now.

The one RTI screen for the 93* and 99* services on Bull Street looks like it's been stolen as the wires are the visible inside the glass.

Jack

The Perry Barr, Station Bridge bus stop has been replaced a pole stop as has the Newtown Shopping Centre outbound stop which is now a pole stop.

Quote from: Jack on February 27, 2018, 08:54:00 PM
RTI screen at the 51 stand in Walsall Bus Station hasn't worked properly for the last 2 months now. 

The one RTI screen for the 93* and 99* services on Bull Street looks like it's been stolen as the wires are the visible inside the glass.
The RTI Screen at the 11C stop at Bromford Lane, Old Bromford Lane hasn't been working properly since Christmas now.
The big RTI Screens at the Fox and Goose haven't been working properly for months either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

There was a fire before Christmas involving a Diamond vehicle, destroying the shelter at Bloxwich Road / Green Lane southbound towards Walsall.

While the shelter was replaced, the RTI display hasn't been to date.

Jack

Quote from: Westy on April 02, 2018, 09:13:33 PM
There was a fire before Christmas involving a Diamond vehicle, destroying the shelter at Bloxwich Road / Green Lane southbound towards Walsall.

While the shelter was replaced, the RTI display hasn't been to date.
Wasn't that 20845 on the 302 that deceided to toast itself?

Kevin

Quote from: Jack on April 02, 2018, 05:35:59 PM
The Perry Barr, Station Bridge bus stop has been replaced a pole stop as has the Newtown Shopping Centre outbound stop which is now a pole stop.

Newtown is a temp one I believe
But the Perry Barr one baffles me, no shelter at a busy stop like that?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on April 03, 2018, 07:51:51 AM
I was surprised when I first saw it, it is a busy stop so it should have its shelter back.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on April 03, 2018, 09:09:11 AM
I was surprised when I first saw it, it is a busy stop so it should have its shelter back.

Quote from: Kevin on April 03, 2018, 07:51:51 AM

Right, let me address this. If  a stop is to be changed from a shelter to a pole or visa versa a survey, by the team I work on is conducted. This survey consists of someone being stood at the stop from 7am-7pm over the course of two days monitoring boarders and alighters, this information is then passed on to a different department and is reviewed.

They obviously did not feel that the stop was busy enough to justify a shelter.

Tony

Quote from: Dom on April 03, 2018, 10:40:43 AM
Right, let me address this. If  a stop is to be changed from a shelter to a pole or visa versa a survey, by the team I work on is conducted. This survey consists of someone being stood at the stop from 7am-7pm over the course of two days monitoring boarders and alighters, this information is then passed on to a different department and is reviewed.

They obviously did not feel that the stop was busy enough to justify a shelter.

And of course there is a possibility that more streetworks are planned, so reinstating a shelter to have to remove it again when streetworks start is just extra costs

JoNi

TfWM do have portable shelters which have appeared in Coventry city centre from time to time. I appreciate there may well be need for local council involvement.

BK63 YWP

Could the bus shelters at merry hill D and E be changed to a enclosed shelter since the matalan canopy has been removed?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Chris on April 03, 2018, 12:08:56 PM
Could the bus shelters at merry hill D and E be changed to a enclosed shelter since the matalan canopy has been removed?

No.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk