News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

National Express drivers riding on the opposition!

Started by Westy, August 15, 2013, 09:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Dunno if this happens elsewhere but I live near to the 301 & 302 route & regulary see NX drivers catch the Diamond presumbly to the depot.

Yeah, so, you might say, but Ive never seen an NX driver pay on a Diamond.

Is there an 'official' arrangement between certain companies or is it an informal arrangement between 'mates'?

(Its not a union thing, is it?)

uniquicity

Quote from: Westy on August 15, 2013, 09:00:02 PM
Dunno if this happens elsewhere but I live near to the 301 & 302 route & regulary see NX drivers catch the Diamond presumbly to the depot.

Yeah, so, you might say, but Ive never seen an NX driver pay on a Diamond.

Is there an 'official' arrangement between certain companies or is it an informal arrangement between 'mates'?

(Its not a union thing, is it?)

This also happens on the 42/43 to and from Oak Lane.

Trident 4609

Also on NX and Travel Express 2 to Park Lane (WN garage). Seen mainly NX drivers get of Travel Express buses.

I have also noticed alot of Arriva drivers/staff (Wednesfield) use the 59 to get back to base

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2013, 09:07:57 PM
Also on NX and Travel Express 2 to Park Lane (WN garage). Seen mainly NX drivers get of Travel Express buses.

I have also noticed alot of Arriva drivers/staff (Wednesfield) use the 59 to get back to base

seen two drivers do that when I was in Wolverhampton
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Rob H

Sometimes I've seen NXWM Drivers getting on either Silverline or Claribels but not on a regular basis and I've also seen Silverline Drivers using NXWM Buses mainly Routes 58/71/72/73/957 as they go past Silverlines Depot :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2013, 09:11:56 PM

Saw Driver03 off the forum get off a TX bus last week. ;)

nitromatt1

B.C Driver

I used to catch the North birmingham Busways buses to work when I lived in Erdington
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Westy

Ashley 4569

Saw a PE using a Diamond 205 one night week before last

notepanel

Most Diamond and Arriva buses allow NX staff on for free, even on random routes (not to/from a depot).

A question directly to Tony though, would you fine a Diamond/Arriva employee travelling on a NX bus, if the driver had just waved them on?

Driver03

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2013, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2013, 09:11:56 PM

Saw Driver03 off the forum get off a TX bus last week. ;)
;D you did, but Travel Express no longer run the 2 so I won't be anymore ;)

lynx1103

A driver just wants to get home/start duty regardless of opearator. However it would be hard to find an NXWM inspector on diamond/other operator.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: lynx1103 on August 16, 2013, 05:00:46 PM
A driver just wants to get home/start duty regardless of opearator. However it would be hard to find an NXWM inspector on diamond/other operator.

To answer one of the questions in the OP, I strongly doubt any company has a policy regarding other drivers receiving freebies. It's par for the course with the drivers though as many of them have played the vacancy merry-go-round with several companies.

Some other operators do have (or used to have) inspection staff of their own, some of which turn a blind eye as it were when drivers of other companies hitch a lift.

Some of those inspection staff do however take exception when inspectors from other companies get on & attempt to poach the driver.....

Lukeee

Seen an NX Driver chatting to a Diamond Driver on the 'nifty fifty'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk