News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

National Express drivers riding on the opposition!

Started by Westy, August 15, 2013, 09:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Dunno if this happens elsewhere but I live near to the 301 & 302 route & regulary see NX drivers catch the Diamond presumbly to the depot.

Yeah, so, you might say, but Ive never seen an NX driver pay on a Diamond.

Is there an 'official' arrangement between certain companies or is it an informal arrangement between 'mates'?

(Its not a union thing, is it?)

uniquicity

Quote from: Westy on August 15, 2013, 09:00:02 PM
Dunno if this happens elsewhere but I live near to the 301 & 302 route & regulary see NX drivers catch the Diamond presumbly to the depot.

Yeah, so, you might say, but Ive never seen an NX driver pay on a Diamond.

Is there an 'official' arrangement between certain companies or is it an informal arrangement between 'mates'?

(Its not a union thing, is it?)

This also happens on the 42/43 to and from Oak Lane.

Trident 4609

Also on NX and Travel Express 2 to Park Lane (WN garage). Seen mainly NX drivers get of Travel Express buses.

I have also noticed alot of Arriva drivers/staff (Wednesfield) use the 59 to get back to base

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2013, 09:07:57 PM
Also on NX and Travel Express 2 to Park Lane (WN garage). Seen mainly NX drivers get of Travel Express buses.

I have also noticed alot of Arriva drivers/staff (Wednesfield) use the 59 to get back to base

seen two drivers do that when I was in Wolverhampton
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Rob H

Sometimes I've seen NXWM Drivers getting on either Silverline or Claribels but not on a regular basis and I've also seen Silverline Drivers using NXWM Buses mainly Routes 58/71/72/73/957 as they go past Silverlines Depot :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2013, 09:11:56 PM

Saw Driver03 off the forum get off a TX bus last week. ;)

nitromatt1

B.C Driver

I used to catch the North birmingham Busways buses to work when I lived in Erdington
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Westy

Ashley 4569

Saw a PE using a Diamond 205 one night week before last

notepanel

Most Diamond and Arriva buses allow NX staff on for free, even on random routes (not to/from a depot).

A question directly to Tony though, would you fine a Diamond/Arriva employee travelling on a NX bus, if the driver had just waved them on?

Driver03

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2013, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2013, 09:11:56 PM

Saw Driver03 off the forum get off a TX bus last week. ;)
;D you did, but Travel Express no longer run the 2 so I won't be anymore ;)

lynx1103

A driver just wants to get home/start duty regardless of opearator. However it would be hard to find an NXWM inspector on diamond/other operator.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: lynx1103 on August 16, 2013, 05:00:46 PM
A driver just wants to get home/start duty regardless of opearator. However it would be hard to find an NXWM inspector on diamond/other operator.

To answer one of the questions in the OP, I strongly doubt any company has a policy regarding other drivers receiving freebies. It's par for the course with the drivers though as many of them have played the vacancy merry-go-round with several companies.

Some other operators do have (or used to have) inspection staff of their own, some of which turn a blind eye as it were when drivers of other companies hitch a lift.

Some of those inspection staff do however take exception when inspectors from other companies get on & attempt to poach the driver.....

Lukeee

Seen an NX Driver chatting to a Diamond Driver on the 'nifty fifty'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk