News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: WMT3000 on June 24, 2018, 12:51:28 AM
Out of all of the open days i've been to, Acocks Green's latest definitely ranks highly - a good selection of buses on view, very well organised and fantastic to go on the open topper. Also a brilliant programme, well worth £3 - some of the photos are a blast from the past! I think everyone involved should give themselves a pat on the back. Really looking forward now to Walsall's running day and YW open day.

Is there a date set for the YW open day?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 24, 2018, 06:42:13 AM
Is there a date set for the YW open day?
10th November(?)

Don't quote me on that
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

Quote from: CL on June 24, 2018, 09:15:17 AM
10th November(?)

Don't quote me on that

Cheers, got a few other events then first before it comes around.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Its a shame I couldnt get a decent shot of 4601, so I could use it as the cover page on my Facebook page, but I suppose living in Walsall, I'll have a better chance!

(Currently have 116L from the West Brom open day as said cover photo!)

karl724223

Pensnett open day anybody fancy coming

BH2004

I love Walsall buses

karl724223

Open day Coventry garage 21st September ??

Westy

Any chance of a Walsall one please?

paulb1973

Quote from: karl724223 on August 26, 2019, 07:28:59 PM
Open day Coventry garage 21st September ??

Would this be part of the heritage weekend/s - it tends to be free to visit but by appointment/in small-ish groups. Or could this be a full open day for people to have a wander round [to a certain extent] - I don't recall there ever being the latter since the garaged opened in 1986.

filbus1

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 27, 2019, 11:09:22 PM

Would this be part of the heritage weekend/s - it tends to be free to visit but by appointment/in small-ish groups. Or could this be a full open day for people to have a wander round [to a certain extent] - I don't recall there ever being the latter since the garaged opened in 1986.
Fully open to anyone (almost)

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: filbus1 on August 28, 2019, 07:10:32 AM
Fully open to anyone (almost)

almost ?

Is anyone able to confirm whether the Open Day is going ahead ? if it does indeed have prerequisites, what are those ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

V89MOA

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 29, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
almost ?

Is anyone able to confirm whether the Open Day is going ahead ? if it does indeed have prerequisites, what are those ?
Make sure your last name doesn't start with a C and end with an M.

paulb1973

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 29, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
almost ?

I applied online/by email I think (I can't quite remember to be honest!) for the September 2013 open day and visited on the Sunday. We were initially told that taking pictures was a no-no, but in the end our tour host/staff didn't seem to mind - so we took pictures of the inside of the garage!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 29, 2019, 09:30:41 PM
I applied online/by email I think (I can't quite remember to be honest!) for the September 2013 open day and visited on the Sunday. We were initially told that taking pictures was a no-no, but in the end our tour host/staff didn't seem to mind - so we took pictures of the inside of the garage!

I once went to PN on a Sunday and just photographed outside the gates, I managed to get some courage and asked if I could get a guided tour and I did ! I took quite a few photos and I'm quite thankful for it.

Is this specific to a date or can I just randomly apply to get a tour ? I quite like seeing photos of buses inside the garage and Sundays provide ample opportunity to do so. I can't seem to find any details regarding applying although I do remember sending an email regarding a tour/ look around and I didn't get a reply. I'll be sure to look into this.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk