News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: MW on June 18, 2018, 06:40:12 PM
Spring Road is round the corner. That's your best bet. The other two would be Acocks Green & Hall Green and then jump on the 11 which will get you there in about 5 mins. Tyseley is also near, but it'd still mean a walk.

But yeah I'd suggest Spring Road. Or you could just jump on one of those fine Geminis on the 31 from City and get dropped off outside the depot.
I do hope the 31 is solid Gemini on Saturday, lately there's been a mix of Gemini's and E200 MMC's on that and the 5. Not madly unusual though.

I might get the 11 from Perry Barr.

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
We have a problem getting the Metrobus an MoT at the moment because of the speed it is capable of!
3225 will hopefully be carrying passengers if the engine goes in on time.
Thanks for the info.
Hopefully will see 3225 carrying passengers on Saturday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

I've hears there is going to be a play bus at ag open day for all the kids of this forum

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on June 18, 2018, 07:04:40 PM
Thanks for the info.
Hopefully will see 3225 carrying passengers on Saturday.

Neither of the heritage fleet will be fit for carrying passengers unfortunately. 3225 will not get the engine back in in time. 2957 will attend, but is unable to carry passengers

Quote from: Tony on June 20, 2018, 07:33:38 PM
Neither of the heritage fleet will be fit for carrying passengers unfortunately. 3225 will not get the engine back in in time. 2957 will attend, but is unable to carry passengers
Will the trips advertised on the NX website no longer operate then?
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/acocks-green-garage-celebrates-its-90th-birthday
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Solo1

Wonder if wyhall will allow 2 of their buses to be used 4001 R1NEG  &1 of the back loaders  or midland classic R2NEG

Jack

Quote from: Solo1 on June 20, 2018, 08:26:36 PM
Wonder if wyhall will allow 2 of their buses to be used 4001 R1NEG  &1 of the back loaders
I'd love 4001 to be on the 11, alongside ALX400's in 'normal' service. Would be a sight in the original livery.

DJ

Is there any word on if the vintage bus service will be running at all? I don't know if I should just head straight to the depot from my house or if I should head up to Ward End first.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 22, 2018, 12:17:53 PM
Is there any word on if the vintage bus service will be running at all? I don't know if I should just head straight to the depot from my house or if I should head up to Ward End first.

At the moment we have sourced one vintage bus (an open top Leyland Olympian)

Tony

We are having a few problems getting some of the vehicles we want there, but one that will definitely be there is one the the latest additions to the fleet, that only arrived yesterday...FJ11 GMZ (no fleetnumber yet!) as it has already arrived at AG.

Solo1

What times is the open topper going to be running thanks

midlandred2003

Tony are 733 & 734 likely to be there?

Tony

Quote from: midlandred2003 on June 22, 2018, 01:33:04 PM
Tony are 733 & 734 likely to be there?

They will both be in the garage. Can't promise one won't be on the pits

DJ

@Tony Will there be just the one 'vintage' bus then, the open top Olympian, or have you managed to source another vehicle to use? I'd rather not turn up in Kings Heath for it and then have to wait an extra hour if just the one bus is running.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk