News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 29, 2019, 09:48:25 PM
I once went to PN on a Sunday and just photographed outside the gates, I managed to get some courage and asked if I could get a guided tour and I did ! I took quite a few photos and I'm quite thankful for it.

Is this specific to a date or can I just randomly apply to get a tour ? I quite like seeing photos of buses inside the garage and Sundays provide ample opportunity to do so. I can't seem to find any details regarding applying although I do remember sending an email regarding a tour/ look around and I didn't get a reply. I'll be sure to look into this.

On that 2013 visit (probably no more than a dozen of us) one lady insisted on finding out why 'her' bus always came late and making a big deal of it. It became a bit embarrassing really and I felt a little sorry for the staff, who were simply showing us around. Fingers crossed you don't get a 'moaner' on one of these small-group visits - if the open day operates in that style.

don

Quote from: V89MOA on August 29, 2019, 09:30:01 PM
Make sure your last name doesn't start with a C and end with an M.

You're not on about Melanie Chisolm are you? I think she's great!! 😂
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 29, 2019, 09:53:45 PM
On that 2013 visit (probably no more than a dozen of us) one lady insisted on finding out why 'her' bus always came late and making a big deal of it. It became a bit embarrassing really and I felt a little sorry for the staff, who were simply showing us around. Fingers crossed you don't get a 'moaner' on one of these small-group visits - if the open day operates in that style.

oh dear ! I suppose it's a case of being on top of any application process as I would imagine only a certain amount places are usually allocated.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

V89MOA

Quote from: don on August 29, 2019, 10:08:25 PM
You're not on about Melanie Chisolm are you? I think she's great!! 😂
Haha good shout but definitely not, somehow I can't see it being her cup of tea! I probably should've specified Males with the C********m surnames! Ironically the song 'wannabe' has just sprung to my mind now 😂

Westy

What is the 'recommended' route to Moseley Rugby Club next week, coming from Walsall?

Is it worth coming on the train to Yardley Wood & find it from there, or getting to Kings Heath & getting the shuttle from there?

CL

Quote from: Westy on September 01, 2019, 02:21:57 PM
What is the 'recommended' route to Moseley Rugby Club next week, coming from Walsall?

Is it worth coming on the train to Yardley Wood & find it from there, or getting to Kings Heath & getting the shuttle from there?
According to the timetable, the shuttle does stop by Yardley Wood Station.. It then loops back to Kings Heath where it heads to the Rugby Club from there. Looks like it'll be a circular service, from the looks of things.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The 2 and 3 go direct to Moseley Rugby Club from Birmingham City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

If you're coming by train from Walsall, you'll have to walk from New Street to Snow Hill or Moor Street, then you want the train to Stratford-upon-Avon via Whitlocks End which runs every hour on a Sunday.

Quote from: 2206 on September 01, 2019, 06:50:36 PM
The 2 and 3 go direct to Moseley Rugby Club from Birmingham City Centre.

On a Sunday, that would probably be the better option, both the 2 and 3 run every half-hour, combining to offer a bus every 15 minutes between Birmingham (Carrs Lane) and Billesley. Journey time is 20 to 25 minutes.

Coming from city, you want the next stop after the fire station; the 2 stops on Yardley Wood Road directly opposite the main entrance to the rugby club / Billesley Common, while the 3 stops just around the corner on Trittiford Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Won't have to bother about Sunday now,  as I'm currently off work with a neck problem!

Can't move the bugger!

CL

4651 & 4679 has just passed in tandem, down the A45 (near the Airport) towards Coventry ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: CL on September 21, 2019, 08:10:07 AM
4651 & 4679 has just passed in tandem, down the A45 (near the Airport) towards Coventry ;)

Is something happening at CV today ?

37351ml

Cov open day until 16.00

GeminiFan1991

I've since been made aware but sadly, I'm unable to make it. I believe I saw on the forum about an open day but I wasn't aware of where it was and when. Oh well, CV is one of the few garages I haven't had a look around as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk