News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: WMT3000 on June 24, 2018, 12:51:28 AM
Out of all of the open days i've been to, Acocks Green's latest definitely ranks highly - a good selection of buses on view, very well organised and fantastic to go on the open topper. Also a brilliant programme, well worth £3 - some of the photos are a blast from the past! I think everyone involved should give themselves a pat on the back. Really looking forward now to Walsall's running day and YW open day.

Is there a date set for the YW open day?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 24, 2018, 06:42:13 AM
Is there a date set for the YW open day?
10th November(?)

Don't quote me on that
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

Quote from: CL on June 24, 2018, 09:15:17 AM
10th November(?)

Don't quote me on that

Cheers, got a few other events then first before it comes around.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Its a shame I couldnt get a decent shot of 4601, so I could use it as the cover page on my Facebook page, but I suppose living in Walsall, I'll have a better chance!

(Currently have 116L from the West Brom open day as said cover photo!)

karl724223

Pensnett open day anybody fancy coming

BH2004

I love Walsall buses

karl724223

Open day Coventry garage 21st September ??

Westy

Any chance of a Walsall one please?

paulb1973

Quote from: karl724223 on August 26, 2019, 07:28:59 PM
Open day Coventry garage 21st September ??

Would this be part of the heritage weekend/s - it tends to be free to visit but by appointment/in small-ish groups. Or could this be a full open day for people to have a wander round [to a certain extent] - I don't recall there ever being the latter since the garaged opened in 1986.

filbus1

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 27, 2019, 11:09:22 PM

Would this be part of the heritage weekend/s - it tends to be free to visit but by appointment/in small-ish groups. Or could this be a full open day for people to have a wander round [to a certain extent] - I don't recall there ever being the latter since the garaged opened in 1986.
Fully open to anyone (almost)

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: filbus1 on August 28, 2019, 07:10:32 AM
Fully open to anyone (almost)

almost ?

Is anyone able to confirm whether the Open Day is going ahead ? if it does indeed have prerequisites, what are those ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

V89MOA

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 29, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
almost ?

Is anyone able to confirm whether the Open Day is going ahead ? if it does indeed have prerequisites, what are those ?
Make sure your last name doesn't start with a C and end with an M.

paulb1973

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 29, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
almost ?

I applied online/by email I think (I can't quite remember to be honest!) for the September 2013 open day and visited on the Sunday. We were initially told that taking pictures was a no-no, but in the end our tour host/staff didn't seem to mind - so we took pictures of the inside of the garage!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 29, 2019, 09:30:41 PM
I applied online/by email I think (I can't quite remember to be honest!) for the September 2013 open day and visited on the Sunday. We were initially told that taking pictures was a no-no, but in the end our tour host/staff didn't seem to mind - so we took pictures of the inside of the garage!

I once went to PN on a Sunday and just photographed outside the gates, I managed to get some courage and asked if I could get a guided tour and I did ! I took quite a few photos and I'm quite thankful for it.

Is this specific to a date or can I just randomly apply to get a tour ? I quite like seeing photos of buses inside the garage and Sundays provide ample opportunity to do so. I can't seem to find any details regarding applying although I do remember sending an email regarding a tour/ look around and I didn't get a reply. I'll be sure to look into this.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk