News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

To put in my two penny worth regarding the WB Open Day; if anyone is travelling from Birmingham or Wolverhampton, the Metro's a great shout.

The closest stop to the garage is West Bromwich (Lodge Road) - which, quoting Google Maps, takes approximately three minutes to walk. An adult single from the Birmingham City Zone stops (exc. Jewellery Quarter) is £4.20 / from Jewellery Quarter, it's £3.30.

Having said this, it most definitely would be cheaper by bus; even by going one stop from West Bromwich Central to Lodge Road, the fare costs a whopping £2.70! (Adult Single)

Though if you're like me, and are a holder of a Metro travelcard, I would definitely suggest taking advantage of the Midland Metro. I guess how you get there is up to you, though! ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

BK63 YWP

Quote from: CL on May 14, 2018, 01:22:53 AM
To put in my two penny worth regarding the WB Open Day; if anyone is travelling from Birmingham or Wolverhampton, the Metro's a great shout.

The closest stop to the garage is West Bromwich (Lodge Road) - which, quoting Google Maps, takes approximately three minutes to walk. An adult single from the Birmingham City Zone stops (exc. Jewellery Quarter) is £4.20 / from Jewellery Quarter, it's £3.30.

Having said this, it most definitely would be cheaper by bus; even by going one stop from West Bromwich Central to Lodge Road, the fare costs a whopping £2.70! (Adult Single)

Though if you're like me, and are a holder of a Metro travelcard, I would definitely suggest taking advantage of the Midland Metro. I guess how you get there is up to you, though! ;)

Dartmouth Street is a good stop go out the station and turn right
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

sonic84

Quote from: Westy on May 13, 2018, 10:34:29 PM
Im not doubting your accuracy.

Its because it was the first I heard about West Brom having an open day.

How much of a walk is it from the bus station by the way, or is it best getting a 42 or 43 instead?

(I'm coming into WB on one of the 4 group!)

Fantastic. That was kept quiet.

DJ

Does anyone know what vehicles will be on display? I'm presuming most types of buses operated by WB will be there, which is great for me as I can get a ton of images of small details to use for repaints on the Omsi simulator, but I'll also be interested in any preserved vehicles that will be attending.

Also, if anyone's taking a preserved bus there, and will be passing through or close to Tipton, I wouldn't turn down a ride there. ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

filbus1

Quote from: filbus1 on May 20, 2018, 03:47:28 PM
Quote from: StourValley98 on May 20, 2018, 02:25:25 PM
Does anyone know what vehicles will be on display? I'm presuming most types of buses operated by WB will be there, which is great for me as I can get a ton of images of small details to use for repaints on the Omsi simulator, but I'll also be interested in any preserved vehicles that will be attending.

Also, if anyone's taking a preserved bus there, and will be passing through or close to Tipton, I wouldn't turn down a ride there. ;)
YWBC are taking Lynx 1266

karl724223

Just a reminder for them that don't know
Nx West Bromwich open day starts at 11am

Jack

Quote from: karl724223 on June 01, 2018, 05:35:13 PM
Just a reminder for them that don't know
Nx West Bromwich open day starts at 11am
Let's hope there won't be an orchestra of horns!

BK63 YWP

Is the AG one the 24th still?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Westy

Quote from: Jack on June 01, 2018, 05:35:51 PM
Let's hope there won't be an orchestra of horns!

Too blooming right!

sonic84

Quote from: Westy on June 01, 2018, 06:25:54 PM

Too blooming right!

Agreed!! :-)  Looking forward to tomorrow!

DJ

Oh jeez, I completely forgot that it's tomorrow. I'll still be able to make it though, luckily I've got nothing planned.

GeminiFan1991

Quite curious to know this but I was wondering, where exactly will the Open Day be held? The main depot or the outstation?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

DJ

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 02, 2018, 12:14:52 AM
Quite curious to know this but I was wondering, where exactly will the Open Day be held? The main depot or the outstation?

As far as I know it's the main depot, since the announcement from NXWM mentions that you can catch the 42 or 43, whereas the outstation is right next to the bus station if I'm thinking of the right place.

P419 EJW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 02, 2018, 12:14:52 AM

The main depot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk