News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for the NXWM Operations Director

Started by NX OD, July 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayeed

Quote from: Sh4166 on August 29, 2013, 10:44:34 PM
Hi Simon,

I was wondering if you knew when PB Enviros, 4718-4732, are going to be repainted into NXWM colours? It would be interesting to see the BU07 Enviros in NXWM livery

4730 is in the paint shop according to this report:

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2013, 09:10:14 PM
I had to visit Walsall again today, around the paint shop were
1817; 1827; 4110; 4221; 4361; 4364; 4368; 4730; 4733 + about another 4 inside
Век живи - век учись

NX OD

Quote from: dgss1 on August 29, 2013, 12:21:12 PM
Quote from: NX OD on August 28, 2013, 09:39:34 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 28, 2013, 09:34:06 PM
Hi Simon,

Any idea what these Gold Corridors are - what's the difference - Is it just A routes and B routes, as according to AVL working?

Always wondered that

LS

The plans are still being developed now that we have signed the new partnership with Centro.  It will not be related to the AVL codes.
Is Nx the only company involved in the gold corridors

Hi,

I don't know and, given the competition legislation, wouldn't know.

NX OD

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 29, 2013, 12:26:15 PM
Has the Perry Barr Park ride performed at all or is too early say. Also would you consider opening other schemes or extending this one?

Hi,

Usage has been very low but the traffic for the tunnels closure has not been as bad as it might have been.  There are no other schemes we are considering.

NX OD

Quote from: pensnettdriver on August 29, 2013, 01:01:44 PM
Are there any plans to run the 9 through the night making it a 24 hour service

Hi,

I have been asked this twice today  ;)

We are evaluating the 97 and will see what that means for other services.

NX OD

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on August 29, 2013, 08:52:48 PM
Hi Simon,

New 900, 957 branding is fantastic, would it be possible to retrospectively apply the colour stripe to the other routes that have been recently branded, 51 and 934/5/6 combination, or at least repeat for the next branding.... 9 or 126 please?

Hi,

Glad you like it.

I am not sure about other routes.  I will talk to Marketing and see what they say.

NX OD

Quote from: JoNi on August 29, 2013, 03:38:38 PM
Hello Simon,

Thanks for your feedback, apologies but my comments on assault screens related to not having a moveable pane. As a result of the current arrangement I've witnessed drivers leaving their cabs to give directions and also to speak to customers who failed to show their ticket while rushing past.

Some questions on communication

1)  As a law abiding passenger I resent the culture of wasting my time sending texts if I see something. If I texted everytime I saw something or heard someone swear i could make it a full time vocation. How do think NXWM can effectively get the minority to take responsibilities for their actions. 

2)  There seems to be an increasing reliance on Twitter and Facebook to communicate but what percentage of your ridership uses these mediums and could you see the effects on those who have a none existent social media footprint e.g. the elderly.

3)  I find branding on upstairs front windows obstructs the view and genuinely annoying. Are you willing to put the headway on the panel below the windscreen as in Nottingham after all the route number is on the destination display?   

4)  What initiatives are NXWM undertaking to harness the power of the local media to positively encourage citizens to use buses?

JoNi

4)

Hi,

Thanks for the interesting questions.

1) I think we wrestle with this conundrum every day and if we had a good answer to this we would be doing it.  The texting does work and we like it as a system, as do Safer Travel.  I guess in some ways it is up to all of us to report it when we see it rather than doing nothing.  There is a famous quote about this sort of thing but I can't remember it.

2) More and more people are talking to us on Social Media.  I don't know the % and maybe we never could.  There is nothing important about changes, diversions (unless short notice) or other vital information that we don't also post on the web and display on PINs.  Social Media is more about interaction than giving information that others might miss.

3) Not really up to me but whatever the Marketing department think will work they will do.

4) We have a PR and Communications department who are constantly in touch with the local media about all kind of things.

NX OD

Quote from: Westy on August 29, 2013, 08:00:19 AM
Any idea what happened to the second X51 from Cannock this morning?

Sister went out for it well before its arrival time south of Bloxwich at 659am.

No bus turned up until 727am,  but whether this was the second or third bus from Cannock is not known!

Tony's reply is correct.  Sorry about the problems.

Westy

Quote from: NX OD on August 30, 2013, 03:59:05 PM

No bus turned up until 727am,  but whether this was the second or third bus from Cannock is not known!

Cheers for the reply,  but she's also sent an email via the website too, so someone your end will have to take a look there too as she's complained about the x51 single deckers.

Any snippets of information I've got from here I've passed onto her but she wants a general moan anyway!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 30, 2013, 07:00:37 PM
Quote from: NX OD on August 30, 2013, 03:59:05 PM

Cheers for the reply,  but she's also sent an email via the website too, so someone your end will have to take a look there too as she's complained about the x51 single deckers.

Any snippets of information I've got from here I've passed onto her but she wants a general moan anyway!

The single deckers are because of a road closure in Cheslyn Hay meaning the bus has to go under a low bridge. This only affects the evening return service as the morning route is open

Gareth

Hi Simon,

Maybe you could pass on to the Marketing Department that windows are for looking out of and are not a blank canvas for their vinyl.

As a passenger, I find this one of the most annoying parts of modern bus operations. Not just NX are to blame for this, as most operators are using this awful practice.

Passengers who are unfamiliar with routes have a difficult time, and quite frankly it makes the exterior look tacky. Especially on the budget branded routes such as the 37 and 55 etc.

Gareth

mranon

Simon. Is there any way nx can improve the quality of print on tickets. If the digits were bolder and the ink wasnt so faint it might make it easier for staff and passengers (except those that recycle them fraudulantly). The metro tickets are much better. Also the scratchcard daysavers are leaving it wide open for an unscrupulous few. Couldnt nx replace them with maybe a voucher for which people put in the cash chute in exchange for a bus ticket. Just a thought?

jack corbett

- I'm banned off this forum.

vinh1000

Quote from: mranon on September 01, 2013, 06:44:32 AM
Simon. Is there any way nx can improve the quality of print on tickets. If the digits were bolder and the ink wasnt so faint it might make it easier for staff and passengers (except those that recycle them fraudulantly). The metro tickets are much better. Also the scratchcard daysavers are leaving it wide open for an unscrupulous few. Couldnt nx replace them with maybe a voucher for which people put in the cash chute in exchange for a bus ticket. Just a thought?
Dundee scanias issue the standard ticket which nearly everyone uses (like the Metro and Diamond Bus) and are much easier to tell whether if it is out of date for example
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

D10

Quote from: Gareth on August 31, 2013, 04:28:34 PM
Hi Simon,

Maybe you could pass on to the Marketing Department that windows are for looking out of and are not a blank canvas for their vinyl.

As a passenger, I find this one of the most annoying parts of modern bus operations. Not just NX are to blame for this, as most operators are using this awful practice.

Passengers who are unfamiliar with routes have a difficult time, and quite frankly it makes the exterior look tacky. Especially on the budget branded routes such as the 37 and 55 etc.

Gareth

Agree totally with Gareth on this, it shows a total lack of respect for passengers, who surely deserve to be able to see where they are going!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: D10 on September 01, 2013, 10:58:16 AM
Quote from: Gareth on August 31, 2013, 04:28:34 PM
Hi Simon,

Gareth

Agree totally with Gareth on this, it shows a total lack of respect for passengers, who surely deserve to be able to see where they are going!

I think you're overreacting mate. Its just a window sticker not a punch in the face as you board. Albeit, some do deserve it.

Simon,

Still no sign of the Bristol Road timetable.

Regards
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk