News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for the NXWM Operations Director

Started by NX OD, July 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NX OD

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 28, 2013, 09:44:17 PM
Quote from: NX OD on August 28, 2013, 09:39:34 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 28, 2013, 09:34:06 PM
Hi Simon,

Any idea what these Gold Corridors are - what's the difference - Is it just A routes and B routes, as according to AVL working?

Always wondered that

LS

The plans are still being developed now that we have signed the new partnership with Centro.  It will not be related to the AVL codes.

No problem. Thank you.

And from a bus nuts view;

Will a Birmingham bus ever get a certain heritage colouring?

And looking back at Tony's photos, have our open top tours stopped for good?

Hi,

There are no plans for a heritage livery at the moment but there may be in the future.

I can't see us ever getting involved in open top tours again.

Westy

Any idea what happened to the second X51 from Cannock this morning?

Sister went out for it well before its arrival time south of Bloxwich at 659am.

No bus turned up until 727am,  but whether this was the second or third bus from Cannock is not known!

Dylan4579

Hi Simon,

Any idea what these Gold Corridors are - what's the difference - Is it just A routes and B routes, as according to AVL working?

Always wondered that

LS

The plans are still being developed now that we have signed the new partnership with Centro.  It will not be related to the AVL codes.
Is Nx the only company involved in the gold corridors

monkeyjoe

Has the Perry Barr Park ride performed at all or is too early say. Also would you consider opening other schemes or extending this one?

monkeyjoe

Quote from: dgss1 on August 29, 2013, 12:21:12 PM
Hi Simon,

Always wondered that

LS

Is Nx the only company involved in the gold corridors

I understand Stagecoach have them, think of an example Cheltemham to Gloucester route 94  i think.

Trident 4609

Arriva also have what you could consider gold corridors in the shape of Sapphire

Dylan4579

No, I mean't in this quality partnership with centro

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 29, 2013, 08:00:19 AM
Any idea what happened to the second X51 from Cannock this morning?

Sister went out for it well before its arrival time south of Bloxwich at 659am.

No bus turned up until 727am,  but whether this was the second or third bus from Cannock is not known!

I can answer that one for you, bus developed a coolant problem while running dead to Cannock and had to return to Walsall garage

Ex pensnett driver

Are there any plans to run the 9 through the night making it a 24 hour service

JoNi

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your feedback, apologies but my comments on assault screens related to not having a moveable pane. As a result of the current arrangement I've witnessed drivers leaving their cabs to give directions and also to speak to customers who failed to show their ticket while rushing past.

Some questions on communication

1)  As a law abiding passenger I resent the culture of wasting my time sending texts if I see something. If I texted everytime I saw something or heard someone swear i could make it a full time vocation. How do think NXWM can effectively get the minority to take responsibilities for their actions. 

2)  There seems to be an increasing reliance on Twitter and Facebook to communicate but what percentage of your ridership uses these mediums and could you see the effects on those who have a none existent social media footprint e.g. the elderly.

3)  I find branding on upstairs front windows obstructs the view and genuinely annoying. Are you willing to put the headway on the panel below the windscreen as in Nottingham after all the route number is on the destination display?   

4)  What initiatives are NXWM undertaking to harness the power of the local media to positively encourage citizens to use buses?

JoNi

4) 

Trident 4609

Quote from: pensnettdriver on August 29, 2013, 01:01:44 PM
Are there any plans to run the 9 through the night making it a 24 hour service

Always wondered if they would do that. There is only a couple of hours between the first and last journeys and as the last 9 returns to the garage the first one of the next day is ready to leave not long after

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Hi Simon,

New 900, 957 branding is fantastic, would it be possible to retrospectively apply the colour stripe to the other routes that have been recently branded, 51 and 934/5/6 combination, or at least repeat for the next branding.... 9 or 126 please?

Trident 4609

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on August 29, 2013, 08:52:48 PM
Hi Simon,

New 900, 957 branding is fantastic, would it be possible to retrospectively apply the colour stripe to the other routes that have been recently branded, 51 and 934/5/6 combination, or at least repeat for the next branding.... 9 or 126 please?

Wouldn't really work on a trident but would love to see new 9 branding.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 29, 2013, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on August 29, 2013, 08:52:48 PM
Hi Simon,

Wouldn't really work on a trident but would love to see new 9 branding.

I do believe that Simon did say that 9 branding is imminent, looking forward to it, wonder if a Trident will get the branding (not 4135).
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

Hi Simon,

I was wondering if you knew when PB Enviros, 4718-4732, are going to be repainted into NXWM colours? It would be interesting to see the BU07 Enviros in NXWM livery
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk