News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Winston on March 16, 2015, 07:38:24 PM
Quote from: Stu on March 16, 2015, 06:45:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 16, 2015, 12:30:37 PM
Quote from: Stevo on March 16, 2015, 12:05:29 PM
I'd hope we'd get new E400 MMCs on the 37. We're very posh in Solihull and shouldn't have to put up with 5-year old buses!

The 37 is unlikely to see new E400MMC's, as the 'posh' people of Solihull & those along the route can't be trusted with double deckers due to amount of anti-social behavior/vandalism on board

You should be grateful you've only got 5 years old buses, a lot of other places still have to put up with much older buses!

I use the 37 pretty much every day, and I'm pleased that incidents of anti-social behaviour are relatively rare. The worst I've seen have actually been in Solihull!

Thinking about it, the 'posh' people of Solihull have had to have two routes converted from double deckers to single deckers due to high numbers of incidents i.e. YW 6 & AG 37.

I was only referring to major anti-social behaviour in Solihull; most 'minor' anti-social behaviour (smoking and loud drunks) occurs between the city centre and Sparkhill. Using double-decks during the busy daytime period, and single-decks of an evening (as they do with the 31) would suit the 37 service, in my opinion.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: don on March 16, 2015, 04:18:59 PM
Quote from: Roy on March 16, 2015, 01:16:47 PM
Quote from: Stevo on March 16, 2015, 12:05:29 PM
I'd hope we'd get new E400 MMCs on the 37. We're very posh in Solihull and shouldn't have to put up with 5-year old buses!

Perhaps the people of Solihull should get a fleet of the poo-buses mentioned in another thread for the 37 as they're such effluent people!

I suspect a lot of the affluence comes from other parts of the route.........................

No, that's the effluent.

MW

I would have thought, the posh people from Solihull don't use the 37, or the 6 for that matter.

Either car or train.

Before anyone bites my head off, I did say 'I would have thought'.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Michael on March 16, 2015, 09:26:37 PM
I would have thought, the posh people from Solihull don't use the 37, or the 6 for that matter.

Either car or train.

Before anyone bites my head off, I did say 'I would have thought'.

You are probably right, they never use the bus until you get really bad snow and they can't get there car off the drive. Then they moan about the state of public transport. Had same experience when i worked for the railway, you tell people not to travel because you don't know how long the service will continue, they travel and then when all services are cancelled they moan about you.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stevo

I think you are right - most of the people in my road (and I'm not posh) come straight out of their front doors into their cars and wouldn't dream of using the bus. Sad!

GeminiFan1991

I personally think the Scania's on the 37 are good enough, with a Gemini filling in during the peak times. Not every route can be a double decker plus It's seen improved anti social behaviors which can only be a good thing.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tara4352

Quote from: BusFan on March 17, 2015, 07:16:44 PM
I personally think the Scania's on the 37 are good enough, with a Gemini filling in during the peak times. Not every route can be a double decker plus It's seen improved anti social behaviors which can only be a good thing.
I agree but one thing i have noticed is that the poles/bars in the Scanias are starting to fade into to a horrible Orange is this due to them being Twm buses before and they just need a lick of paint? or am i missing something

Trident 4609

Quote from: Rhys S on March 17, 2015, 07:31:03 PM
I agree but one thing i have noticed is that the poles/bars in the Scanias are starting to fade into to a horrible Orange is this due to them being Twm buses before and they just need a lick of paint? or am i missing something

Nope, the Scania's for the 37 were new in 2010 so in the NXWM er

Tara4352

Quote from: Nathan on March 17, 2015, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: Rhys S on March 17, 2015, 07:31:03 PM

Nope, the Scania's for the 37 were new in 2010 so in the NXWM er
Oh thanks Nathan but one thing id like to Know is why are the bars and poles orange have they faded colour

Liberator9

I'm sorry Rhys, but they are not orange. They are the exact same red as the newer NX buses in the fleet and they have not faded. I use Scanias 5 days a week and I am yet to see a faded pole, or orange one.

Tara4352

well its mostly WA ones i forgot but have seen a few on the 37

Liberator9

Not seen any orange on the WA or AG example - we have ex WA examples at YW and no orange on them.

Stu

The poles on the AG Omnilinks are still red, Rhys. I catch the 37 every day so I should know! ;)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tara4352

Quote from: Stu on March 17, 2015, 08:17:12 PM
The poles on the AG Omnilinks are still red, Rhys. I catch the 37 every day so I should know! ;)

ok but i defenetly now what i mean

trident4370

The only thing that has faded on the 37 Omnilinks is the seating, same with the 6s. The BY omnilinks after refurbishment look new and they are older.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk