News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

Quote from: Tony on February 06, 2022, 11:34:43 AM
Why would you build a new garage that could only support 20 electric vehicles?
It will support a full fleet of them

You are correct it would make absolutely no sense. I recall a plan posted somewhere on here a good while back which is probably where the figure of 20 came from, but of course plans change.

monkeyjoe

I think it was 20 articulated type buses.

mesub

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 07, 2022, 05:13:18 AM
I think it was 20 articulated type buses.

I thought they changed their mind on those?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Gareth

Quote from: mesub on February 07, 2022, 08:17:53 PM
I thought they changed their mind on those?

That's goes back to the original plans at least a couple of years ago. I think

Jack

@CL, I wouldn't believe that, there's no low bridges on the 52 whatsoever, plus Deckers have been on it, 4480 was on it all day the other the day. Don't think anything at PB is unusual on the 52, especially the board that starts at Great Barr which does get a Decker most the time.

(Expects loads of unnecessary reports in NW of Deckers on the 52 when it's not NW)...

CL

Quote from: Jack on February 10, 2022, 05:22:31 PM
@CL, I wouldn't believe that, there's no low bridges on the 52 whatsoever, plus Deckers have been on it, 4480 was on it all day the other the day. Don't think anything at PB is unusual on the 52, especially the board that starts at Great Barr which does get a Decker most the time.

(Expects loads of unnecessary reports in NW of Deckers on the 52 when it's not NW)...
Yes, the low bridges (or lack thereof) on the 52 did strike me as odd - hence "bizarre"

In any case, I was only reporting the working against the change in allocation as something of note (officially)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Tony on February 06, 2022, 10:51:24 AM
Before the Commonwealth games

Tony, many thanks for the update.

However that does not give anyone much time to build something on the site to be ready for use at the Commonwealth Games in July 2022, which I thought was the whole reason why the garage had to move in the first place?

Gareth

Quote from: Ian Hardy on February 12, 2022, 12:31:29 PM
Tony, many thanks for the update.

However that does not give anyone much time to build something on the site to be ready for use at the Commonwealth Games in July 2022, which I thought was the whole reason why the garage had to move in the first place?

The plans changed a couple of years ago. Instead of the planned athletes village, athletes and delegates are now using hotels. I think the 'old' PB may be used for games transport.

Wumpty

Interesting Instagram story this morning showing 4780 receiving a replacement door ram. Fascinating insight into how these machines are repaired.

(Not on remotecam @karl724223 - most likely an iPhone!)
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

I caught 1918 on the 94 to Ward End this evening. Compeletly packed and left loads of people behind to. Not really a suitable allocation for the 94/95 which is normally a double decker. 16:07 to Chelmsley Wood.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on March 15, 2022, 06:17:48 PM
I caught 1918 on the 94 to Ward End this evening. Compeletly packed and left loads of people behind to. Not really a suitable allocation for the 94/95 which is normally a double decker. 16:07 to Chelmsley Wood.

I think there was due to be an omnilink on that board yesterday. A 70** pulled up to drop off and went out of service. One of 8 buses to either go out of service or disappear from the display. Over 45 minutes it took me to get on a bus from that stop yesterday.

Quote from: Gareth on March 15, 2022, 06:33:47 PM
I think there was due to be an omnilink on that board yesterday. A 70** pulled up to drop off and went out of service. One of 8 buses to either go out of service or disappear from the display. Over 45 minutes it took me to get on a bus from that stop yesterday.
Scania yesterday might have been a 66. Sometimes they use that stop to unload, particularly if they are going to return to the garage afterwards, as they then take the Perry Barr bound exit off Old Sqaure.
7028 on the 66 it seems from Bus Times.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

7027 was towed off site yesterday; in the state it's in, I would assume the likelihood of seeing it returning to service looks slim
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: 2206 on March 15, 2022, 06:17:48 PM
7023 on a equally dangerously overcrowded 15:52 95 to Chelmsley Wood this afternoon. Was very overcrowded as far as Ward End stops. When it arrived on the BS13 stand there was a very large crowd there, which is typical during the rush hour.
Is there not somewhere else more suited to these smaller vehicles?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

I was in that so called 'queue'. Didn't bother with the scrum to get on and luckily the bus that came in out of service right behind it left as a 95E a couple of minutes later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk