News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 30, 2019, 03:34:07 PM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/demolition-12-shop-units-perry-17148688

I didn't realise the Perry Barr depot is being moved to the Aston Lane job centre, is it going to be as big doesn't look that big? (If i missed a post apologies).

Is this happening next year then?

The site is bigger than our current garage

monkeyjoe

Quote from: John on December 30, 2019, 03:39:58 PM
The site is bigger than our current garage

Interesting, can see some traffic issues, however suspect they have factored it in etc. When is the move happening then, has it been announced yet?

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 30, 2019, 04:07:58 PM
Interesting, can see some traffic issues, however suspect they have factored it in etc. When is the move happening then, has it been announced yet?

No nothing yet, no work even started there yet

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 30, 2019, 04:35:41 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x4870bd8f4f7c7b85:0xc61e7ba1ee23dbd4!3m1!7e115!4s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid%3DzeFIceiaCBZsD4O7JVkW8Q%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.gws-prod/local-details-getcard.gps%26thumb%3D2%26yaw%3D103.643776%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100%26w%3D650%26h%3D218!5saston+lane+job+centre+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2szeFIceiaCBZsD4O7JVkW8Q

Interesting the site doesn't look huge. (This working from home lark, can people tell i'm at procrastination stage).

The site extends way beyond the Job Centre (look on Google earth), assume the boundary of the new PB depot will extend up to run parallel with the railway lines, it may even include the car wash & factory unit next to the job centre currently.
(God help you when you've worked from home for 10 years then like me...)

monkeyjoe

Will be keen how it develops (literally).

Working from home for probably for longer, however will admit this role;  ::)  it's time for a change in line with PB depot.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 30, 2019, 05:02:19 PM
Will be keen how it develops (literally).

Working from home for probably for longer, however will admit this role;  ::)  it's time for a change in line with PB depot.

There was an artists impression of the new depot floating around somewhere (can't remember where thou...)

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on December 30, 2019, 05:11:29 PM
There was an artists impression of the new depot floating around somewhere (can't remember where thou...)

Surprised i didn't read anything about it on here, only got that via goggle and Birmingham mail. Will that mean they may potentially take on more routes or it's not that big. ( i.e get the 55 and make that platinum double deckers, maybe).

John

The job centre, warehouse and car wash is also going what I've heard

monkeyjoe

So could this new place be that much bigger in preparation for when BC goes further down the line or that not happening anymore.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 30, 2019, 06:01:10 PM
So could this new place be that much bigger in preparation for when BC goes further down the line or that not happening anymore.

No, BC's already be sold (you've missed that as well):
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/business/regeneration-plans-national-express-site-16064400

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on December 30, 2019, 06:02:42 PM
No, BC's already be sold (you've missed that as well):
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/business/regeneration-plans-national-express-site-16064400

Cheers for the that, i do remember reading that now durrr. That was April, has stuff moved on since then or have they been waiting for Brexit :).

winston

It doesn't seem that much bigger than the existing PB garage, the legend indicates capacity of 180, inc 30 x 18m Sprint Buses.

D10

Quote from: Winston on December 31, 2019, 11:09:41 AM
It doesn't seem that much bigger than the existing PB garage, the legend indicates capacity of 180, inc 30 x 18m Sprint Buses.

No, I guess the council will only have had to found a site that was suitable for a like for like replacement facility and not an increased capacity site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk