News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: D10 on February 13, 2013, 09:21:49 PM
There is a article on the Traffic Commissioners decision in todays Bus & Coach week. Apparently VIP employed a convicted sex offender as a driver.

I will spare you the particulars of the case,  but basically the Commissioner decided that VIP should have done more checks before employing him in such a public facing job, therefore the Traffic Manager lost his repute and they had to get  a new one in.

Having read that article as well, I personally think it's disgusting this company is allowed to remain operating and to hold contracts off Centro.

A convicted sex offender can include all sorts from what some may consider minor offences to the serious. To me this is one of the most serious, where somebody with special needs was exploited and what makes it even worse was that this crime took place on a bus when he was the driver.

Whilst VIP may claim they didn't know the particulars of the case, the person did state on their application form they had a criminal history of a Sex Offence.

Steveminor

I take it you know the driver in question

PM

Quote from: notepanel on February 14, 2013, 02:55:09 PM
Quote from: D10 on February 13, 2013, 09:21:49 PM
There is a article on the Traffic Commissioners decision in todays Bus & Coach week. Apparently VIP employed a convicted sex offender as a driver.

I will spare you the particulars of the case,  but basically the Commissioner decided that VIP should have done more checks before employing him in such a public facing job, therefore the Traffic Manager lost his repute and they had to get  a new one in.

Having read that article as well, I personally think it's disgusting this company is allowed to remain operating and to hold contracts off Centro.

A convicted sex offender can include all sorts from what some may consider minor offences to the serious. To me this is one of the most serious, where somebody with special needs was exploited and what makes it even worse was that this crime took place on a bus when he was the driver.

Whilst VIP may claim they didn't know the particulars of the case, the person did state on their application form they had a criminal history of a Sex Offence.

I totally agree with you and this does little to improve my view of VIP and I personally hope that centro have the sense not to give them contracts in future. They do not deserve to operate-they are putting vulnerable people in danger

tank90

I can see where everyone is coming from but if my memory serves me right a teacher in a high school who falls for a student aged 16/17/18/19 years of age can be put on the sex offenders register even tho the student is over 16 and they are both of sound mind and the student wasn't forced into the relationship. Is then right that, that former teacher can't be a bus driver even tho if it had been any other person ie a bus driver no one who batter an eye lid?

Personally I think it should be made on a case by case, and if the offence wasn't a major one like the one I have stated above then there shouldn't be a problem really should there?
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Quote from: tank90 on February 14, 2013, 11:06:31 PM
I can see where everyone is coming from but if my memory serves me right a teacher in a high school who falls for a student aged 16/17/18/19 years of age can be put on the sex offenders register even tho the student is over 16 and they are both of sound mind and the student wasn't forced into the relationship. Is then right that, that former teacher can't be a bus driver even tho if it had been any other person ie a bus driver no one who batter an eye lid?

Personally I think it should be made on a case by case, and if the offence wasn't a major one like the one I have stated above then there shouldn't be a problem really should there?

Why dont we ask members of the public if they want sex offenders driving our buses when there are plenty of good honest unemployed people looking for work-these people need locking up behind bars.

tank90

Quote from: Peter123 on February 15, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Why dont we ask members of the public if they want sex offenders driving our buses when there are plenty of good honest unemployed people looking for work-these people need locking up behind bars.

You have missed my point why should a teacher who is in a consenting relationship with a pupil over the age of 16 be on the sex affeders register but it is ok for the other person in the street. Also if it a case like that then there isnt a problem really is there. Its up to VIP who they employ not us, they took the risk and have taken the stand that if nothing happens then its ok but the moment it does they will act.

What happend to giving someone a second chance with a clean slate? (and dont all start with the Corrie actor and JS)
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

notepanel

Quote from: tank90 on February 15, 2013, 11:49:27 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 15, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

You have missed my point why should a teacher who is in a consenting relationship with a pupil over the age of 16 be on the sex affeders register but it is ok for the other person in the street. Also if it a case like that then there isnt a problem really is there. Its up to VIP who they employ not us, they took the risk and have taken the stand that if nothing happens then its ok but the moment it does they will act.

What happend to giving someone a second chance with a clean slate? (and dont all start with the Corrie actor and JS)

Whilst I accept certain people can go on the sex offenders register for crimes that don't necessarily pose an immediate risk to others, the whole point in the register is that it is there to protect 'ordinary' people from risk. The vast majority of people on the register would be considered to be a substantial risk to the public.

If you read the article in CBW, you will see the crime for which this driver was on the register took place when he was driving the bus, where he failed to allow the victim (who had special needs) off the bus and forced them to perform a sex act on them. Another offence, involving a 15 year old boy, was also kept on his file.

Now from my point of view, and considering the routes operated are generally quiet subsidised services, I would not want any member of my family, or to that matter anyone, to be travelling alone (possibly at night), with a driver who has previously committed a sexual offence on a passenger on his bus.

It is totally negligent and irresponsible for VIP to have allowed him to drive, without performing the necessary checks as directed by Birmingham City Council, and I can't see how people can defend the decision to employ this driver.

Tony

Strangely R695MEW which did have LEDs has now reaquired roller destinations left at blank.

Photographs with original rollers, then LEDs and again today with different rollers here:- http://wmbusphotos.com/VIP/r695mew.html

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2013, 05:30:57 PM
Strangely R695MEW which did have LEDs has now reaquired roller destinations left at blank.

Photographs with original rollers, then LEDs and again today with different rollers here:- http://wmbusphotos.com/VIP/r695mew.html

Lost the LEDs a couple months back

vinh1000

Seen X532 UAT first time ever on the 99 yesterday with leds :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

vinh1000

Lost even more contract? :L

40 WMSNT Hall Green - The Baldwin via
Acocks Green
New operator due to contract renewal No change to timetable

28th April 2013
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

bwsau cymru

Can only be a good thing!
campaigning for better transport for all

Matt.N0056

VIP have a decker out on the S1 today; T804 RFG

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62291103@N08/8716004510/in/photostream

Solo1

I didn't know VIP had a decker apart from the beauty bus

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on May 06, 2013, 02:38:37 PM
I didn't know VIP had a decker apart from the beauty bus

The purchased it from Stafford Bus Centre, I had a message last week they had bought it but I didn't know the registration. It is ex Premier, Nottingham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk