News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

I get the sense that this is a company on the brink of financial collapse if this is what theyre doing. Obviously no money to repair it-hope someone from centro is sat reading this. Quite honestly I think its insulting that theyre allowed to trade and run centro routes when you've got people like central buses making a massive effort. Disgraceful

PM

Id love to see a VIP VCR :P

PM

Just got a few quotes from their website, see what you make of them :P

"Leaders in our sector"

"well equipped fleet of coaches and minibuses"

The one that made me lol "Find out more about what makes us leaders in our field and how we put passenger safety and comfort at the top of our list." :P

They even have a safety section on the website:
Safety
With our own well equipped workshops we are ideally placed to ensure that our vehicles are up to the job. With our own well equipped base, we have recently made a significant investment in upgrading our workshop facilities. This investment includes an inspection pit long enough to take a full length coach. In addition have every piece of equipment needed to maintain our coaches to the highest standard. We have a full well equipped tyre bay, through our sister company VIP Car and Commercial Limited. We are able to inspect our tyres and rectify any problems without delay.
We operate a modern fleet of coaches rigorously maintained by our expert team to ensure maximum performance and efficiency. Coaches receive daily checks and are thoroughly inspected through a formal procedure at least every 6 weeks.
Our drivers have regular training in driving practice and health and safety. And we are fully compliant with all Department of Transport and EU regulations regarding drivers' hours.
Drivers are CRB checked and receive training to approved NVQ levels.

Anyone fancy a day trip/channel trip with them??!!

winston

Quote from: Stu on September 27, 2013, 07:02:36 PM
Quote from: John on September 27, 2013, 06:48:39 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2013, 06:44:05 PM
Who wants to play spot the difference?

Abellio Logo above door
Blue/white advert on window
Alexander Dennis badge on grille
White writing on side
Pole colour
interior
Black Destination surround

And the hanging off headlight surround made me laugh

Different seats!

Also noticed afterwards it has different wheels (front wheels missing those yellow plastic things round the wheel nuts)

And the 'pod' on the front dashboard (which I guess would usually house a CCTV camera) is in a different location.

The pod on the roof was white & is now red

winston

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2013, 08:01:30 PM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on September 27, 2013, 07:57:12 PM
Check out the quality repair to the n/s upper windscreen.

I believe this board does school trips either side of its 966 duties, frightening isn't it?

Obviously run out of duct tape now

It's not as thought they are even trying to conceal it, they're actually high-lighting the cracked windows,

Surely things can't be that bad they can't afford to buy a new piece of glass, even second-hand......

Nathan4775

The above picture has gained a little white sticker just beside the front wheel, where the bottom doesn't have it

Yellow writing just under the drivers window if you look closely  ;)

The platform under neath the doors has become thiner  :)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Matt.N0056

I believe this board does school trips either side of its 966 duties, frightening isn't it?

Hold on... according to Tony's fleet list the reg on this bus if off a coach...

Tony

Quote from: neale95 on September 27, 2013, 09:32:09 PM

That looks like it might actually be a legal swop though

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2013, 09:33:00 PM
Quote from: neale95 on September 27, 2013, 09:32:09 PM

That looks like it might actually be a legal swop though

Oh, didnt realise  ::)

Liverpool Street

No doubt that damage was caused by its journey on the 99 the other day... if it was the same vehicle. Although its hard to follow if it is the same bus now anyway...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

to be fair there is an old man vip driver that seems quite corteous and always thanks me when I let him go (in car) but the rest of the drivers seem to be inconsiderate and think they can bully there way through gaps.

vinh1000

Tendered route
Oh let's put the decker on the 99 :P

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Trident 4609

Just spotted it in Halesowen. Pulled up about 14:25

Liverpool Street

I went round the 99 route in my car after the reported decker en route, and you should've seen the trees in the road.. VIP really don't care, or that's the image they're portraying. Shame really as I thought they were good. Alas!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

More registration swopping then as PAN 58R is supposed to be a Ford Transit!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk