News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewLee

Quote from: ellspurs on October 18, 2021, 06:20:10 PM
Random question.

Today (like a lot of days), I saw school service 891 on Birmingham Road in Coleshill, making its way towards Coleshill School to start its journey. The bus in use was 4927, and it had its destination listed as Chelmsley Wood. I've looked up the timetable, and it says that it goes to Marston Green. Bustimes shows that it went to Marston Green as well.

Why would the destination be listed as Chelmsley when it ultimately goes to Marston Green?

Marston Green is not on the blind selection. Good job the kids know the score 😂

Jack

4622 displaying 55 two months later...

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack on November 04, 2021, 01:07:24 PM
4622 displaying 55 two months later...

Still no announcements on the X21 either, guessing the X13 will be the same.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 05, 2021, 02:34:24 PM
X13 has announcements.
I caught X1 Branded 6845 on there a few weeks ago with them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on November 05, 2021, 05:55:08 PM
X13 has announcements.
I caught an X1 Branded platinum on there a few weeks ago with them.

I think it depends on the vehicle, and whether it has all the announcements programmed in to the unit or not.

At YW garage, there are a number of Platinum/Electric vehicles that now display/announce next stops on the 2 and 3 services, but there are still some that don't. This is despite the 2 and 3 not 'officially' being Platinum routes too.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on November 05, 2021, 06:11:23 PM
I think it depends on the vehicle, and whether it has all the announcements programmed in to the unit or not.

At YW garage, there are a number of Platinum/Electric vehicles that now display/announce next stops on the 2 and 3 services, but there are still some that don't. This is despite the 2 and 3 not 'officially' being Platinum routes too.
Its more to do with whether the system is working, 7535's announcements don't work on the 2, 3 or even the 6 and 50. And a few of the 50 brandeds don't work. A good few of the Electrics that don't work, E010 being one off the top of my head.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on November 05, 2021, 05:55:08 PM
X13 has announcements.
I caught X1 Branded 6845 on there a few weeks ago with them.

Oh right, that's interesting.

Quote from: Stu on November 05, 2021, 06:11:23 PM

None of them do, it's not a case of some do or some don't, they just haven't been redone after the route change I'm guessing. When it changes to an X22 in City it says X22 to Woodgate.

Gareth

They're not going to care about next stop announcement if they don't even care about having a wrong service number over two months after it changed.

GoldenSquid

guessing the X13 will be the same.
X13's got NSA a week or so after the changes.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

MasterPlan

Quote from: Gareth on November 05, 2021, 10:26:09 PM
They're not going to care about next stop announcement if they don't even care about having a wrong service number over two months after it changed.

In all fairness though there's been no route change involved there so as poor as it is, a 55 showing up isn't going to make much difference.
Whereas some people rely on the NSA, visibly impaired people for example. Not to mention they would've helped people with the new extension of the route. Especially as people in Bartley Green have had no idea where it is supposed to stop.

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 05, 2021, 11:40:28 PM
In all fairness though there's been no route change involved there so as poor as it is, a 55 showing up isn't going to make much difference.
Whereas some people rely on the NSA, visibly impaired people for example. Not to mention they would've helped people with the new extension of the route. Especially as people in Bartley Green have had no idea where it is supposed to stop.
I wonder if the 94/95 will get them added at some point as well. As theres no announcements on there when a platinum turns up. These regularly appear on there most days, 7508 today.
Considering other non platinum routes - 60, etc have them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 05, 2021, 11:40:28 PM

A wrong service number isn't acceptable. A next stop announcement is just an added bonus.

Steveminor

I'm.aware that drivers are supposed to check.the correct destination is programmed into the blind & report it BEFORE leaving depot so it can be re-programmed, so any buses displaying incorrect numbers is now down to the drivers not reporting an issue.

Wumpty

Quote from: Steveminor on November 09, 2021, 02:38:57 PM
I'm.aware that drivers are supposed to check.the correct destination is programmed into the blind & report it BEFORE leaving depot so it can be re-programmed, so any buses displaying incorrect numbers is now down to the drivers not reporting an issue.

Is it as easy as reporting an incorrect destination? Will the garage team reprogramme the blind or allocate a new bus, or just tell them to "take it out and don't worry"?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on November 09, 2021, 03:15:23 PM
Is it as easy as reporting an incorrect destination? Will the garage team reprogramme the blind or allocate a new bus, or just tell them to "take it out and don't worry"?

It is, yes, takes less than a minute to update with a USB stick. It tends to be buses coming back off the dead list that get missed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk