News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

So your going to complain despite the fact the bus does not stop there... is not registered to stop there... and you have been told by a senior member of the company the driver is doing g his job right and your complaint is unjustified... Good luck with that Karen... the only good thing that can come out if this is that cctv caught you using emergency equipment improperly... its customer's like you that make customer facing roles unbearable for so many...
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 10, 2021, 01:06:01 PM
Then they should register the service to call there, as it goes that way everyday and normally stops.
I don't think it would have done any bad to open the doors at the bus stop let anyone who wants the station off and then continue on its journey.

The X13 is a bit different as it can go multiple routes everyday and clearly not advertised to not stop there and never has stopped there.

The X2 is to get children to St Peter's School, they may not be able to get on if it was full of Solihull college students. Is the X2 mentioned on the bus stops on Blissomfield Road? No it isn't, vso it isn't advertised to stop there either, in fact the timetable specifically says it doesn't

Quote from: Tony on September 10, 2021, 01:15:14 PM
Is the X2 mentioned on the bus stops on Blissomfield Road?
They both normally stop on Blossomfield Road  so I assumed it does, this is the first driver who had a problem stopping there in 13 months. But looking at the timetable on traveline it says the 877 does and and X2 say it doesn't, that doesn't make sense to be honest.
Quote from: Tony on September 10, 2021, 01:15:14 PM
The X2 is to get children to St Peter's School, they may not be able to get on if it was full of Solihull college students.
I don't see the problem. Put another bus on surely would be the answer.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 10, 2021, 01:21:38 PM
Put another bus on surely would be the answer.

The correct answer is get off the X2 in Solihull town centre, then get the 6, 49, 76 or A12 to Blossomfield Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 10, 2021, 01:33:13 PM
The correct answer is get off the X2 in Solihull town centre, then get the 6, 49, 76 or A12 to Blossomfield Road.

Or walk like I always did when I was on day release at Solihull college

BBS

Quote from: Stu on September 10, 2021, 01:33:13 PM
I normally catch the A12 To bloomsfield road. Theres a few buses that go there so it shoudnt be a problem.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

MasterPlan

4911 & 4871 both displaying  'X21 Woodgate' last couple of days. I can't understand why this destination was even programmed in the first place, let alone why it keeps popping up.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

X2's are rammed again this morning. Bus 6854 couldn't let anyone on as it was already full to capacity. Large crowd waiting at Swan Yardley, and probably more further down the route.
X2 to Solihull and X1 to International should probably be every 10 minutes each in the peak times.

I got the 58 instead, a route which you can actually get on and get a seat.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B.C Driver

Quote from: 2206 on September 23, 2021, 10:44:11 AM
X2's are rammed again this morning. Bus 6854 couldn't let anyone on as it was already full to capacity. Large crowd waiting at Swan Yardley, and probably more further down the route.
X2 to Solihull and X1 to International should probably be every 10 minutes each in the peak times.

This could be due to the driver shortage which is affecting the whole country...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

BK63 YWP

With a driver shortage? And it's rush hour? Course they are going to get rammed! Plus no restrictions too!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

B.C Driver

Quote from: Trident4590 on September 07, 2021, 09:39:41 PM
This 95/94 inter working has been shambles, 3 buses constantly running together

A few things, I don't believe the interworkings have anything to do with this, there seems to be a lack of adjustments and huge gaps and buses missing due to the driver shortage, but this is not just affecting the 94 and 95 I have heard horror stories of the Bristol Rd and Pershore having sometimes 2 or 3 buses missing together as there is simply no driver. This problem is nationwide.
Another thing with the 94 and 95 is the traffic lights which replaced the island at the inner ring road. If you're unfortunate to get there towards city and the lights change to red, you are there for almost 3 minutes (yes I've counted it!), this gives the buses behind chance to catch up and results in a 'convoy'. And then the same applies coming the opposite way.

I wish Bham city council would fit more sensors on traffic lights which would avoid waiting unnecessarily. Would be good for this junction during the day as its simply too busy, but at night and at other locations it would help avoid delays.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

B.C Driver

Quote from: BK63 YWP on September 23, 2021, 12:48:29 PM
With a driver shortage? And it's rush hour? Course they are going to get rammed! Plus no restrictions too!

Exactly!  ::)
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

Quote from: BK63 YWP on September 23, 2021, 12:48:29 PM
The X2's like it everyday, rammed and drive past all the stops. Then the display said the next ones in 20 minutes time. Its not very good really.
Not all routes are rammed like that at rush hour this is one of the worst from what i've seen. The 60's don't need such a high frequency heading towards Cranes Park for a start from what I see so they're never rammed, beyond the Swan the X1/X2  are the main services.

Either way sooner or later they're going to increase the frequency anyway surely as the Sprint route is not really going to be every 15 minutes is it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 23, 2021, 01:09:50 PM
The X2's like it everyday, rammed and drive past all the stops. Then the display said the next ones in 20 minutes time. Its not very good really.
Not all routes are rammed like that at rush hour this is one of the worst from what i've seen. The 60's don't need such a high frequency heading towards Cranes Park for a start from what I see so they're never rammed, beyond the Swan the X1/X2  are the main services.

Either way sooner or later they're going to increase the frequency anyway surely as the Sprint route is not really going to be every 15 minutes is it?

I used to travel regularly on the X1 and X2 between Bordesley and Swan Island, when I lived in South Yardley from 2016 to 2018.

What you are describing is what I would often see, so this is not a new phenomenon.

If the services can operate on time and to schedule, there are no issues. But it just needs a bit of congestion to cause delays, and as soon as gaps appear in service, then the number of intending passengers waiting at stops increases, and all they do is pile on the first bus that comes along.

And its not just those services that are affected. You get the same even along the Stratford Road corridor. I often see completely full buses on the 4 and 6, and there is nothing more disheartening than waiting ages for a 2 or 3 to show, only to be greeted by a packed out single deck, which either sails past, or I have to fight my way onto.

At least you've got the 58 as an option.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk