News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on October 28, 2020, 04:09:57 PM
Saw an X12 come into City Centre via James Watt Queensway earlier with passengers. Not seen one come into City Centre via Aston Expressway before. Only going that way outbound.
Was a 694X. Maybe 6949.
6827 is doing that now on an X12 instead of the Spine Road. Makes quite a nice change.

Jack6101

Quote from: Jack on October 28, 2020, 04:47:17 PM
6827 is doing that now on an X12 instead of the Spine Road. Makes quite a nice change.
Loads of X12 / X70 use the Aston expressway into town now since the changes
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 28, 2020, 04:09:57 PM
Saw an X12 come into City Centre via James Watt Queensway earlier with passengers. Not seen one come into City Centre via Aston Expressway before. Only going that way outbound.
Was a 694X. Maybe 6949.

;D The first couple of times I 'tried out' the X12 / X70 when they started, they went via Aston Expressway (I was hoping for a trip along Heartlands Parkway as I'd never travelled along there before!)

It will depend on the day, time of day, and traffic levels as to which way they'll be routed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Is the 55 back to normal route I don't see the notice on the site now.

Quote from: Stu on October 28, 2020, 06:36:36 PM
;D The first couple of times I 'tried out' the X12 / X70 when they started, they went via Aston Expressway (I was hoping for a trip along Heartlands Parkway as I'd never travelled along there before!)

It will depend on the day, time of day, and traffic levels as to which way they'll be routed.
When you used it was that towards Solihull (via Corporation Street) or towards City Centre (via James Watt Queensway)? Or both?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 28, 2020, 06:36:36 PM

And the driver. Unless told otherwise the driver has a free choice between the Expessway and Heartlands Parkway

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2020, 08:15:40 PM
And the driver. Unless told otherwise the driver has a free choice between the Expessway and Heartlands Parkway
also kids off school so less traffic on the road moms on school runs

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 28, 2020, 07:03:07 PM
When you used it was that towards Solihull (via Corporation Street) or towards City Centre (via James Watt Queensway)? Or both?

It was a couple of years ago now, I can't be expected to remember exactly! There was at least one inbound journey that went via Aston Expressway.

Ah, I didn't know that, I thought perhaps the drivers were given instructions on which way to go, as the control office would have a better insight as to traffic conditions.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Is the third choice of Washwood Heath Road only used when instructed to? If the other two are too heavy with traffic? Haven't seen one for quite a while but an X12 or X70 seen on Washwood Heath wasn't that uncommon.

Quote from: Gareth on October 28, 2020, 08:48:36 PM
Is the third choice of Washwood Heath Road only used when instructed to? If the other two are too heavy with traffic? Haven't seen one for quite a while but an X12 or X70 seen on Washwood Heath wasn't that uncommon.
I saw one on Drews Lane a month or maybe a bit longer ago, would have been at some point in September or October. Was a red and white 49XX E400 I remember, so think that routes still used. I would assume so as mostly seemed to be used at peak times from what I saw, when traffics heavier.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 28, 2020, 08:39:01 PM
It was a couple of years ago now, I can't be expected to remember exactly! There was at least one inbound journey that went via Aston Expressway.

Ah, I didn't know that, I thought perhaps the drivers were given instructions on which way to go, as the control office would have a better insight as to traffic conditions.

Control only give instruction to avoid a road if it is congested, otherwise it is drivers chouce

monkeyjoe

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 28, 2020, 06:41:30 PM
Is the 55 back to normal route I don't see the notice on the site now.

Is it back to its normal route now ?

MasterPlan

Seems that the announcements don't work on any of the 753*s.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 30, 2020, 08:13:54 AM
Seems that the announcements don't work on any of the 753*s.
Have the announcements worked on the X12 since transferring? I rode 6827 on it the other day and no working announcements but I'm pretty sure some of the others have? They are probably just taking time updating the system.

Jack6101

Quote from: Jack on October 30, 2020, 09:45:52 AM
Have the announcements worked on the X12 since transferring? I rode 6827 on it the other day and no working announcements but I'm pretty sure some of the others have? They are probably just taking time updating the system.
From what I've noticed the 75 series have the next stop annocements , also will the X70 gain next stop announcements
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk