News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw 6892 on Jennens Road on a Cross Country Rail Replacement to Coleshill earlier at about 13:20 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: BH2004 on February 28, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
Is 4905 still in the pride livery

It was painted permanently in the rainbow colours as the pride bus was well received and sought for so stayed in its pride colours
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

767 was operating the ex igo BCC Alderman Bowen contract today.
Just saw it come down Sladefield Road and Washwood Heath Road in Ward End.
Looks like it's a door to door service as well, as the passenger seemed to be being dropped off at their door on the Washwood Heath Road.
Seems strange seeing it on Sladefield Road, as don't think any other buses usually go down there.

Will these be repainted into NX livery eventually as well? As the Solo igo used to use on there were in their livery.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2020, 04:04:51 PM
Looks like it's a door to door service as well, as the passenger seemed to be being dropped off at their door on the Washwood Heath Road.
Seems strange seeing it on Sladefield Road, as don't think any othe buses usually go down there.

Will these be repainted into NX livery eventually as well? As the Solo igo used to use on there were in their livery.

They have been doing that run for 6 months. There is no point whatsoever in painting them, you only have to paint them white again when you return them

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2020, 04:04:51 PM
Seems strange seeing it on Sladefield Road, as don't think any other buses usually go down there.

The igo solos were in livery as they had operated service work before whereas NX have leased 765-8 Purley for these contracts

Faredodger boarded 6892 on the X21 at the Granville Street stop at around 14:00 this afternoon. He asked the driver if he could get on without paying as "he had an appointment at the QE".
Seen him pleanty of times before, with the same excuse, travelling between the QE and Granville Street each time and each time the drivers have allowed him to board without paying, including today.
Doesn't matter if he has an appointment at the QE or not, as i'm sure other people who have appointments still pay the bus fare to get there. Disgraceful I think.

Bet he knows he's unlikely to get caught. Never seen any NX inspectors on these routes in the Edgbaston and University areas.
NX inspectors seem to pick the same stop all the time, the one at Smallbrook Queensway coming into the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on March 06, 2020, 03:54:02 PM
Faredodger boarded 6892 on the X21 at the Granville Street stop at around 14:00 this afternoon. He asked the driver if he could get on without paying as "he had an appointment at the QE".
Seen him pleanty of times before, with the same excuse, travelling between the QE and Granville Street each time and each time the drivers have allowed him to board without paying, including today.
Doesn't matter if he has an appointment at the QE or not, as i'm sure other people who have appointments still pay the bus fare to get there. Disgraceful I think.

Bet he knows he's unlikely to get caught. Never seen any NX inspectors on these routes in the Edgbaston and University areas.
NX inspectors seem to pick the same stop all the time, the one at Smallbrook Queensway coming into the City Centre.
I don't know why the inspectors are all based in town. For me they should be in major areas where a lot of people are going to board a bus like for example the QE, Five Ways, Erdington etc.

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 06, 2020, 06:06:07 PM
I don't know why the inspectors are all based in town. For me they should be in major areas where a lot of people are going to board a bus like for example the QE, Five Ways, Erdington etc.
Should be just after the major areas.
If they are at major places where lots of people are boarding a bus, then i'd expect people will see them and just walk to the next stop and try and get on there.

E.G for the QE/Uni - Church Road or Somerset Road (Vale Village) stop
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on March 06, 2020, 03:54:02 PM

If you have a description of this fella, and you know he does this regularly, then please report it to Safer Travel, or contact NX West Midlands directly.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mesub

Since when did BC do staff buses in the Bartley Green area? There was a 23/4 branded bus running down Adams hill with the destination display set as Staff bus to Birmingham central garage
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Quote from: mesub on March 11, 2020, 04:15:53 PM
Since when did BC do staff buses in the Bartley Green area? There was a 23/4 branded bus running down Adams hill with the destination display set as Staff bus to Birmingham central garage

BC have run staff buses in the Bartley Green area since Quinton garage shut

Jack6101

I've noticed the X70 been took of the platinum map now
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 11, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
I've noticed the X70 been took of the platinum map now

About time never really consistently was, wondering how that route is performing apart from the worker journeys, the train at a glance appears to have killed that corridor. Not based on any stats just general observations.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 11, 2020, 09:19:20 PM
About time never really consistently was, wondering how that route is performing apart from the worker journeys, the train at a glance appears to have killed that corridor. Not based on any stats just general observations.

How can the train kill that corridor. There's only one station with any sort of service

Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2020, 09:44:14 PM
How can the train kill that corridor. There's only one station with any sort of service
There are two stations on that route, Water Orton and Coleshill Parkway to Birmingham New Street?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk