News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Waited for a 23 by Baskerville House this evening, which tracked on the app (the generally reliable old version of the app) right up until it was showing as 'Due', then simply vanished off the face of the earth.

Can only assume it fell down a giant sink hole, like that bus in China.

MasterPlan

Any amount of tinkering with timetables isn't going to save the ☓20/☓21/☓22 when they have to go through the car park that is the Edgbaston Park Road.
Can't really re-route away from there though. Only logical solution is to make that road entirely a bus lane between the traffic lights at Church Road and the turn off to Pritchatts Road. Even if it's at certain time of day. Too many cars use it to avoid Bristol Road, Pershore Road, Harborne Road etc. However, I can't see this ever happening.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 11:33:35 AM
4363 - 14 (Uncompliant)

Doesn't matter if its compliant or not, a Trident on a Trident route is not noteworthy, as Tony pointed out (which you have sinced edited from your post)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 02:27:56 PM
Doesn't matter if its compliant or not, a Trident on a Trident route is not noteworthy, as Tony pointed out (which you have sinced edited from your post)
Does it not? Since a Crimson Trident on the 14 is usual and red and white is actually rare, same with the 51, a Crimson Trident is usual but a red/white is rare.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 02:46:15 PM
Does it not? Since a Crimson Trident on the 14 is usual and red and white is actually rare, same with the 51, a Crimson Trident is usual but a red/white is rare.

Aren't the tridents the same as crimson now minus the refurb/repaint and trapped? So not worthy
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 02:46:15 PM

Where do you think 4363 operates then?

All BC routes come into the city now.

14 and 97 are the most common places to find it.

It is only at BC to cover their own tridents being away for euro 6 conversion

Jack

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2020, 03:00:17 PM
Where do you think 4363 operates then?

All BC routes come into the city now.

14 and 97 are the most common places to find it.

It is only at BC to cover their own tridents being away for euro 6 conversion
Routes that don't have a frequency higher than every 30 mins. NX are really wanting to be fined everytime it's going in and out on frequent routes? Why can't the 10H and X70 have 4363?

CL

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 03:33:06 PM
Routes that don't have a frequency higher than every 30 mins. NX are really wanting to be fined everytime it's going in and out on frequent routes? Why can't the 10H and X70 have 4363?
Isn't the 10H on one of the Uni running boards now?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

Quote from: CL on February 01, 2020, 03:41:15 PM
Isn't the 10H on one of the Uni running boards now?
I know it is on weekdays but Saturdays is it? Urban 2 on it today.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 03:33:06 PM

How many times have NX been fined for using 4363. Answer - 0

Even when the full clean air zone comes in, you only pay once per day on however many times a vehicle of any description enters the zone, so even in a dirty car once you have come in once you can come in as many times as you like that day

Jack

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2020, 03:44:31 PM
How many times have NX been fined for using 4363. Answer - 0

Even when the full clean air zone comes in, you only pay once per day on however many times a vehicle of any description enters the zone, so even in a dirty car once you have come in once you can come in as many times as you like that day
Love how NX never gets fined but if a Diamond or small operator does it then they get the fine! What makes NX so special?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 03:53:59 PM
Love how NX never gets fined but if a Diamond or small operator does it then they get the fine! What makes NX so special?

No bus operator has been given special treatment, as none has been fined

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2020, 03:59:16 PM
No bus operator has been given special treatment, as none has been fined
@Tony is quite correct on this point no fines have been reported within the WMCA I am aware off.

Tony

In theory all vehicles should have been Euro 6 from 1/1/20 but

NXWM had the problem with Green Urban losing their certification, so none of the original trapped vehicles are certified Euro 6, so all those vehicles are now being redone by Graysons hence why 4363 has had to stay at BC and many Green Urban vehicles which in reality are only about Euro 5 are also coming into Birmingham

Diamond have suffered delays with deliveries from Wrights so are operating buses on the 16 which do not meet Euro 6 standards.

Claribels have been upgrading vehicles to Euro 6, but I have no idea where they are with their programme. Steve might be able to tell us, but I suspect their entire fleet is not yet done.

Thandi are using a standard E200 on the 53. That will not be Euro 6. MMCs are the only Enviros built to euro 6.

NX are now going flat out on getting enough vehicles to meet the new 1/7/20 deadline.
I presume the new Diamond StreetLites will give them enough vehicles for July

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2020, 04:25:21 PM
In theory all vehicles should have been Euro 6 from 1/1/20 but

NXWM had the problem with Green Urban losing their certification, so none of the original trapped vehicles are certified Euro 6, so all those vehicles are now being redone by Graysons hence why 4363 has had to stay at BC and many Green Urban vehicles which in reality are only about Euro 5 are also coming into Birmingham

Diamond have suffered delays with deliveries from Wrights so are operating buses on the 16 which do not meet Euro 6 standards.

Claribels have been upgrading vehicles to Euro 6, but I have no idea where they are with their programme. Steve might be able to tell us, but I suspect their entire fleet is not yet done.

Thandi are using a standard E200 on the 53. That will not be Euro 6. MMCs are the only Enviros built to euro 6.

NX are now going flat out on getting enough vehicles to meet the new 1/7/20 deadline.
I presume the new Diamond StreetLites will give them enough vehicles for July
My understanding @Tony is WMCA are themselves very understanding of these issues which to be frank are outside the operators control and will be fully addressed in due course mind you unlike Kevs I was not convinced Evergreen Coaches would be fully compliant and had grave reservations of thier contract award.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk