News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

Quote from: Wumpty on October 02, 2019, 10:28:28 AM
Normally, the Broms brakes are pull out to deploy and activate to prevent accidentally leaning on it.

The Broms brake relates to hand brake circuit - if you lost air on other circuits and if the system is working correctly the Broms brake would not deploy, it only came on if pressure was lost in the park brake tank, this normally happens when the vehicle has been left overnight/weekend and air leaked from that circuit. I was told by a former engineer that Volvo put this in as a safety device, so, if the handbrake was not deployed and in the off postion with air pressure building up and the driver left the cab, the vehicle couldn't run away when pressure was up as you would need to push in the button. Those were days !!!

Was the Wheelchair ramp used at anytime before this can sometimes stop the bus due to sensors. Or could just be the Door lock stuck on.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

windy miller

The Ex Dawson rentals vehicles... from.The pics on Tonys catalogue..I notice that 767 appears to be the only one with its identity on the front /side?
    Are the others likely to be numbered in a similar way? Or maybe they already have.?? thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on October 06, 2019, 12:57:02 PM
The Ex Dawson rentals vehicles... from.The pics on Tonys catalogue..I notice that 767 appears to be the only one with its identity on the front /side?
    Are the others likely to be numbered in a similar way? Or maybe they already have.?? thanks

They are all fully numbered, just most of the photos were taken on the day of arrival before this was done

windy miller

Many thanks Tony much appreciated i have yet to see any of these vehicles in service Can I assume they all work on a daily basis and within  Birmingham post codes?   Thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Dylanbusboy45

Is there likely to be one of the White MMCs on the 10S tomorrow?

Nxwm

4797 was spotted on Lichfield road heading towards bc today

Busboy105

Quote from: Nxwm on October 10, 2019, 10:34:39 PM
4797 was spotted on Lichfield road heading towards bc today
What time did you see that? I saw it around 4pm at Bordesley Circus.

Nxwm

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 10, 2019, 10:39:18 PM
What time did you see that? I saw it around 4pm at Bordesley Circus.
around 15:50/15:55

37351ml

767 is on 10s just left qe for quinton, does not appear to have a ticket machine

andy41

Quote from: 37351ml on October 12, 2019, 01:38:37 PM
767 is on 10s just left qe for quinton, does not appear to have a ticket machine

It's ok it's NX. Why would the lack of ability to sell a ticket (on a tendered service), display a route number or destination or display any operator identity matter? Those rules are only there for the cowboys.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on October 13, 2019, 04:40:55 PM
It's ok it's NX. Why would the lack of ability to sell a ticket (on a tendered service), display a route number or destination or display any operator identity matter? Those rules are only there for the cowboys.

Yes it does matter and NX get penalties just the same, but a lot less than not running it at all

CL

764 on the 10S, currently with a paper blind in the front! :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

WMT3000

Quote from: CL on October 14, 2019, 11:04:18 AM
831 - AG58
7516 - BC36
I did see 7516 a couple of times today but it seemed to miss out a full trip just after 1pm. It was pretty much back on time at one point but then delayed later and only 11 mins in front of 4574 (the other 36) the last time I saw it near AG between 4 and 5.

6881 currently is ridiculously heavily overcrowded on the X20 to Birmingham City Centre.
Maybe would be good if NX put on some extra capacity into Birmingham City Centre at about 5 PM.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on October 15, 2019, 05:13:26 PM
6881 currently is ridiculously heavily overcrowded on the X20 to Birmingham.
Maybe would be good if NX put on some extra capacity into Birmingham at about 5 PM.

Nothing to do with the number of buses on the route, more to do with Birmingham city centre traffic lights not working properly causing gaps in service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk