News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Just seen a 23/24 branded MMC pass by me at Heybarnes Circus but it wasn't in service. Does anyone know why it was there because the 23/24 doesn't go on that side of town.

Solo1

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 29, 2019, 05:54:01 PM
Just seen a 23/24 branded MMC pass by me at Heybarnes Circus but it wasn't in service. Does anyone know why it was there because the 23/24 doesn't go on that side of town.
could of been on  60 & running back to depot not in service

Quote from: Solo1 on September 29, 2019, 06:32:01 PM
Or could have been going to/could have come off the X1 or X2.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: Solo1 on September 29, 2019, 06:32:01 PM
Wasn't on the 60, it was not in service. It wasn't going to depot because it was going towards Yardley.

Solo1

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 29, 2019, 10:26:18 PM
Wasn't on the 60, it was not in service. It wasn't going to depot because it was going towards Yardley.
could of been running not in service to the outet terminus 

Trident 4194

Boarded 4271 on the 61 from Birmingham today. Driver couldn't get it to move, tried turning it on and off. He said he'd never drove one of these before and had to get someone else to disable the parking brake!!

Also caught 4367 on the x20 this morning. What's with all the e400s standards on the uni services?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 01, 2019, 07:55:03 PM
Boarded 4271 on the 61 from Birmingham today. Driver couldn't get it to move, tried turning it on and off. He said he'd never drove one of these before and had to get someone else to disable the parking brake!!

Also caught 4367 on the x20 this morning. What's with all the e400s standards on the uni services?

Disable the parking brake? I don't think so. That would be extremely dangerous if it wasn't impossible

MW

Broms brake accidentally enabled probably.

j789

Quote from: MW on October 01, 2019, 08:07:40 PM
Broms brake accidentally enabled probably.

Unusual for the Broms brake to be deployed when parked up but in service. Also, I'd think that the drivers would be type trained on any vehicle type in their garage even if the bus is a loan. Why didn't he just radio control for guidance?

MW

Quote from: j789 on October 01, 2019, 08:40:35 PM
Unusual for the Broms brake to be deployed when parked up but in service. Also, I'd think that the drivers would be type trained on any vehicle type in their garage even if the bus is a loan. Why didn't he just radio control for guidance?

I can't remember if you push down to activate it or you pull up, as I've not driven a Volvo in a while, but if it's push down, it could possibly be activated by accidentally leaning on it as your body is turned towards passengers I guess, or when you reach down to the side of the drivers seat to grab say a Metro paper etc. That or low air pressure momentarily whilst say lowering the floor, opening doors etc.

Wumpty

Quote from: MW on October 02, 2019, 12:50:19 AM
I can't remember if you push down to activate it or you pull up, as I've not driven a Volvo in a while, but if it's push down, it could possibly be activated by accidentally leaning on it as your body is turned towards passengers I guess, or when you reach down to the side of the drivers seat to grab say a Metro paper etc. That or low air pressure momentarily whilst say lowering the floor, opening doors etc.

Normally, the Broms brakes are pull out to deploy and activate to prevent accidentally leaning on it.

The Broms brake relates to hand brake circuit - if you lost air on other circuits and if the system is working correctly the Broms brake would not deploy, it only came on if pressure was lost in the park brake tank, this normally happens when the vehicle has been left overnight/weekend and air leaked from that circuit. I was told by a former engineer that Volvo put this in as a safety device, so, if the handbrake was not deployed and in the off postion with air pressure building up and the driver left the cab, the vehicle couldn't run away when pressure was up as you would need to push in the button. Those were days !!!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

CL

Not seen it mentioned; 4905 is back. Saw it in Digbeth yesterday - though only the back end of it!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BK63 YWP

Is the Gas Bus demo still about?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: CL on October 02, 2019, 11:04:00 AM
Not seen it mentioned; 4905 is back. Saw it in Digbeth yesterday - though only the back end of it!
It was on the 61/63 on Friday evening.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk