News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Has the 98 route changed? I've noticed that it doesn't include Rednal or Longbridge on the display anymore.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 19, 2017, 05:07:21 PM
Has the 98 route changed? I've noticed that it doesn't include Rednal or Longbridge on the display anymore.

No. It's probably the tweaking of the destination displays again. I saw 2124 on the X64 yesterday finally not showing 'Limited Stop'. Come to think of it the only thing it was showing was 'via QE Hospital' so I wonder if the display was stuck.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on September 19, 2017, 07:24:40 PM
No. It's probably the tweaking of the destination displays again. I saw 2124 on the X64 yesterday finally not showing 'Limited Stop'. Come to think of it the only thing it was showing was 'via QE Hospital' so I wonder if the display was stuck.

No I've seen the odd one that doesn't, most still display Limited Stop though.

V89MOA

New Stickers gone up on some enviros advertising the new £3 Local Daysaver, they literally cover most of the window.

Jordan

yeah they have them on the 97 branded buses
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: V89MOA on September 22, 2017, 04:44:16 PM
New Stickers gone up on some enviros advertising the new £3 Local Daysaver, they literally cover most of the window.

Some of the Pershore Road branded E400s have got them

P419 EJW

Quote from: V89MOA on September 22, 2017, 04:44:16 PM

I have just seen a picture of it on an Enviro 400. Has NX forgotten the purpose of a window? ::) Why so massive? I don't normally criticise NX like some others do, but this is just unbelievable.

Does anyone know where the 24 is being diverted tomorrow?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on September 23, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Does anyone know where the 24 is being diverted tomorrow?

I can't work that one out either. The NWWM site suggests that the first stop from city will be Court Oak Road / West Boulevard but the entire route after Harborne seems completely encircled by the velo route.

CL

Farcical! With the amount of disruptions which will imminently ensue, perhaps all bus operators should operate a Christmas service. (i.e. No buses at all) ;) lmao

But in all seriousness, I've only seen notices on bus stops notifying people of the closure for Sunday's event; I haven't seen any mentions on where the closest bus stop would be - let alone the diversions. My mate lives in Weoley Castle; he's told me that there's signs instructing the residents that they'd be unable to leave their homes until around midday.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Whilst it is for a worthwhile cause, the sheer scale of it does make it a complete pain in the backside. If you're a bus user on much of the west side of the city you can forget it. Even for people with their own transport, we've had to leave one of our cars a few roads away so that we can take our kids to weekend activities etc. If we hadn't, we can't get out of our road all day.

MasterPlan

So it appears the 80/A, 98 and (X)64 will be diverted into town from Five Ways onwards in about a week's time. An inspector came on the bus today and asked for opinions on the two possible diversions. I voted for opinion 1 down Broad Street as it'd follow the 29 and it would avoid Bristol Road traffic.

Mike K

With this latest amendment to the X64 due to roadworks, it got me thinking, since it was re-routed from Bristol Road via Bath Row and the University, hasn't reliability taken a severe turn for the worse?

I appreciate the reasons for the change with the 99 being withdrawn, but Bath Row into city has been a terrible congestion black spot for ages, and Wheeleys Road / Edgbaston Park Road have been diabolical of late. Can't help but think that people commuting in from Lodge Hill, Weoley, Bangham Pit etc must now be back to square one with journey times on a par with the old 21 that the original 'Express' X64 replaced.

MasterPlan

I'd love to see proof that anybody actually asked for the X64 replacement in the first place...

B.C Driver

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 05, 2017, 06:18:49 AM
I'd love to see proof that anybody actually asked for the X64 replacement in the first place...

Or the loss of the 62, I know several people who live in Rednal who were not happy at the introduction of the 98 with its twists and turns, compared to the direct 62.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk