News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Quote from: John on October 18, 2017, 06:18:35 PM
BC Staff Bus?

BC staff buses are almost always 21xx Volvos.

Some drivers running dead to garage will display 'Birmingham Central Garage' which just shows 'BC' on the back, so its more likely this.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: :D on October 18, 2017, 06:04:04 PM
I couldn't find the correct place to ask but since it's within BC garage territory, I'll ask the question here

I spotted crimson red enviro400 with the display what seems showing 8C this morning around 3AM on Coventry Road near Heybarnes circus.

My description might not be correct since I was a quite bit far away when I saw this and I was tired at that time.

Could somebody provide details of this mystery bus?

All 3 crimson E400s at BC are showing as 'safely tucked up in bed' at BC between 01:00 and 04:00 at BC yesterdY

:D

Quote from: B.C Driver on October 19, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

Some drivers running dead to garage will display 'Birmingham Central Garage' which just shows 'BC' on the back, so its more likely this.

I did not see the back, just the front.

What I'm certain there was something in the route number slot which I recalled as 8C but as @John has said, it's more likely BC. I've seen Birmingham Central Garage display a few times before, I'm almost sure it's not that.

Quote from: Tony on October 19, 2017, 01:01:55 PM
All 3 crimson E400s at BC are showing as 'safely tucked up in bed' at BC between 01:00 and 04:00 at BC yesterdY
What about non-crimson E400s?

I realised that the bus had dark blue branding on a side of the bus near the destination display which probably means it was red/white livery instead of crimson.

It was pretty dark though. I do have a dashcam, I'll dig through footages and see what I can find.

Tony

Quote from: :D on October 19, 2017, 02:40:44 PM
I did not see the back, just the front.

What I'm certain there was something in the route number slot which I recalled as 8C but as @John has said, it's more likely BC. I've seen Birmingham Central Garage display a few times before, I'm almost sure it's not that.
What about non-crimson E400s?

I realised that the bus had dark blue branding on a side of the bus near the destination display which probably means it was red/white livery instead of crimson.

It was pretty dark though. I do have a dashcam, I'll dig through footages and see what I can find.

BC have too many red/white ones for me to check them all. Crimson was easy as there are only three.

Jack

Quote from: :D on October 19, 2017, 02:40:44 PM

Probably one of the ex PB's. (4928-4939) they have black/blue branding.

AndrewLee

Quote from: B.C Driver on October 19, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

For a few weeks now the staff has been two single decks and an E400...

Trident 4194

Not a fan of the b5lh repaint. Lost all its identity

DJ

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 20, 2017, 10:21:09 PM

I'm the opposite, I think it looks a lot nicer now, the Crimson livery really suits the newer Wright front ends, and their bodies overall too. I think it looks amazing on the Eclipse bodies, both the old and the new styles, but the B5LH isn't too far off. Once it gets an advert, I think it'll look amazing too, the only thing I don't like about it right now is that there's maybe a bit too much red around the middle.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Quote from: DJ98 on October 20, 2017, 11:16:06 PM
I'm the opposite, I think it looks a lot nicer now, the Crimson livery really suits the newer Wright front ends, and their bodies overall too. I think it looks amazing on the Eclipse bodies, both the old and the new styles, but the B5LH isn't too far off. Once it gets an advert, I think it'll look amazing too, the only thing I don't like about it right now is that there's maybe a bit too much red around the middle.
Seconded. Though I see where @Trident 4194 is coming from; almost seems as if the Hybrids lacks the individuality/recognition of, well, being a Hybrid. I'm sure vinyls will soon fix that! Probably for the best that they keep the liveries basic, and uniform. I'm quite digging the newly repainted window surrounds, which the original 550* livery lacked. Wonder what the rear looks like!

Speaking of which, (probably one for the Oddities thread) 5503 is still missing its top rear window 'branding'; similarly, 5508 is missing its lower rear window branding. Don't suppose it'll matter now, lol.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

These B5LHs with their irregular window size and layout look so much smarter with the black window surrounds - glad to see they've been applied here. Shame the standard Geminis don't have them too.

John

The 13 plate B5LHs have the black surrounds whereas the 61 plates have not. Nice to see they are having the black painted on. Looks great in the new livery

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 20, 2017, 10:21:09 PM
I agree in a way. It just looks like any other standard Gemini now, hopefully it gets Hybrid stickers applied like the Hybrids in London.

Mike K

Just noticed that 5502 has retained its original lower panels, whilst other repainted Geminis and the B7RLEs have had them replaced by plain panels without the groove / skirt that follows the contour of the bumper. Any reason for this?

The original panels do look smarter in my opinion.

Jordan

the new livery on the B5LHs look smarter than the Geminis
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

V89MOA

5502 on 22/23 today if anyone wants it, 22s outbound and 23s inbound to City I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk