News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on July 22, 2017, 08:46:53 AM
How come 4877 cadbury bus is on the harboure services would of thought  it would of been on 45/7 or X61 /63  as they run nearer to cadbury world

Advertising is about awareness through promotion. There's no point promoting Cadbury World on buses that run nearby, as people living nearby will already know about Cadbury World!

Cadbury World have obviously paid a lot of money to have a full advert bus done, so for this campaign to 'pay for itself', their takings will need to increase accordingly. I expect this bus has been chosen so it can run on as many routes as possible to get best exposure, and not just the routes that go near Cadbury World!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

V89MOA

Quote from: Stu on July 22, 2017, 03:22:12 PM
Cadbury World have obviously paid a lot of money to have a full advert bus done, so for this campaign to 'pay for itself', their takings will need to increase accordingly. I expect this bus has been chosen so it can run on as many routes as possible to get best exposure, and not just the routes that go near Cadbury World!

Nah Cadbury's haven't paid for it, it's a childs drawing of Birmingham Landmarks that Exterion/BCC/NXWM are using for a campaign to promote Birmingham.

Incidentally for those complaining, if you look on the Door side of the bus it shows the Bullring and the Library of Birmingham, the very same library that ALL of the BC Harborne routes serve, so why shouldn't it be on there!

37351ml

Are 6836/9 alive and well as I only seem to see the others...

Tony

Quote from: 37351ml on July 25, 2017, 12:22:23 AM
Are 6836/9 alive and well as I only seem to see the others...

6839 is currently at Plaxtons, Anston

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on July 25, 2017, 06:20:17 AM
6839 is currently at Plaxtons, Anston

And 6838 is off the road due to an RTA.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MasterPlan

What bus does the 29S currently?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

GeminiFan1991

So I'm standing outside BY garage awaiting my 97 home and a X61 branded Platinum came across the horizon displaying X61 "Frankley". I was fairly perplexed but it was about to turn into BY garage before the driver noticed the gates were closed and proceeded onwards (Outbound).

Most confusing.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Gareth

I always catch the 14 City bound that's due on Alum Rock Road, Saltley at 21.52. The bus was tracking up to 4 mins away. As I looked to my left I could see it at Saltley gate having travelled down Washwood Heath Road. The roads were clear, so no idea why it had diverted. Had to get a taxi to work after that. Not amused. A similar thing happened on Wednesday night too. Tracking up until 4 minutes away and suddenly dissaperead and didn't turn up.

Quote from: Gareth on August 05, 2017, 09:35:53 AM
I always catch the 14 City bound that's due on Alum Rock Road, Saltley at 21.52. The bus was tracking up to 4 mins away. As I looked to my left I could see it at Saltley gate having travelled down Washwood Heath Road. The roads were clear, so no idea why it had diverted. Had to get a taxi to work after that. Not amused. A similar thing happened on Wednesday night too. Tracking up until 4 minutes away and suddenly dissaperead and didn't turn up.
It was diverted due to road works between Saltley Gate and Stechford Lane, the diversion was on Network West Midlands Website all week.

In future check Network West Midlands website for disruptions and diversions -
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/disruptions/#/params?TransportModeA=5#3640_Centro
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on August 05, 2017, 11:55:17 AM
It was diverted due to road works between Saltley Gate and Stechford Lane, the diversion was on Network West Midlands Website all week.

In future check Network West Midlands website for disruptions and diversions -
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/disruptions/#/params?TransportModeA=5#3640_Centro

But it ran as normal on Thursday night, which confused me. If a bus was diverted as far back as Stechford lane, would it still track on the app as normal with as little as 2/4 mins to go? I'm not sure which route it took last night, I left earlier and got a 55 at the Gate to be on the safe side.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Gareth on August 06, 2017, 08:15:35 AM
But it ran as normal on Thursday night, which confused me. If a bus was diverted as far back as Stechford lane, would it still track on the app as normal with as little as 2/4 mins to go? I'm not sure which route it took last night, I left earlier and got a 55 at the Gate to be on the safe side.

Yep the tracker does that. I remember standing by selly oak for the 63 to brum. The tracker would say 2 minutes then dissapear. It was only when a women told me buses weren't stopping there due to a burst water main that I was aware the bus was no longer using that stop

Westy

Asking for a friend at work.

He & another friend are going to St Andrews on Saturday.

With the recent changes in the area, is it the 60 that goes by there from City?

cardew

From this Saturday, Coventry Road is going to be completely closed on match days between Bordesley Circus and the junction of Cattell Road - for "approximately" one hour before kick off and around 45 minutes after the final whistle. This ,for safety reasons, must mean that the 60 and 17 will not be able to go past the ground any more at these times. I suppose the 97 to the Tilton Road stop is now the only option within that time frame.

As this will be the first time these changes will be in place I would expect a degree of confusion.

Westy

Good job I asked on here then, as I dont know the area personally, so I looked at the bus map.

Stu

Quote from: cardew on August 09, 2017, 04:26:08 PM
From this Saturday, Coventry Road is going to be completely closed on match days between Bordesley Circus and the junction of Cattell Road - for "approximately" one hour before kick off and around 45 minutes after the final whistle. This ,for safety reasons, must mean that the 60 and 17 will not be able to go past the ground any more at these times. I suppose the 97 to the Tilton Road stop is now the only option within that time frame.

As this will be the first time these changes will be in place I would expect a degree of confusion.

Quote from: Westy on August 09, 2017, 05:25:47 PM
Good job I asked on here then, as I dont know the area personally, so I looked at the bus map.

You can still get the 17 and 60 to Bordesley Station stops and walk. Probably a ten minute walk at most.

As far as I'm aware, the 58, 59 and 60 were often diverted away from the ground on match-days before and after matches.

I'm not sure what diversion route towards city the 17 and 60 are going to use, as Golden Hillock Road is closed southbound at Poets Corner island on Small Heath Highway.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk