News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on January 06, 2017, 06:23:44 PM
There's two sides to this argument. The 11Es used to show more information on the display and it was ditched for a larger end destination, because the amount of people who used to get on and not realise that it's not going the full way/not understanding that it's a short journey.

You would think they'd know the "E" suffix implies it doesn't run the full journey.

Although having said that, I do see the need to show the journey doesn't go to the full end as when the bus arrives to the E destination, people do seem to get agitated with the driver.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Mike K

Quote from: MW on January 06, 2017, 06:23:44 PM
There's two sides to this argument. The 11Es used to show more information on the display and it was ditched for a larger end destination, because the amount of people who used to get on and not realise that it's not going the full way/not understanding that it's a short journey.

Don't get me wrong MW, I fully agree that's is sensible on the 11 where there are shorts to a few different places, and these are the exceptions to most journeys which go round the full circle. But on the 29 every second journey finishes at Northfield, they're as common as the Frankley journeys during the day. I'd also be surprised if there's much demand for through travel from Harborne, Weoley etc to Allen's Cross and Frankley.

MasterPlan

The 11Es aren't a regular all day thing like the 29Es though.
The other alternative is to scrap the whole Frankley aspect but if not then adding via Harborne is useful. You can even remove 'Town Centre' that way too.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BigDaddyCool

I was only thinking this yesterday about the 29E...these are now.the norm and not the exception. I don't understand why it can't be (like someone else has suggested) 29 Birmingham- Northfield ando then a 29A (Birmingham - Holly Hill).....

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on January 06, 2017, 11:37:24 PM
I was only thinking this yesterday about the 29E...these are now.the norm and not the exception. I don't understand why it can't be (like someone else has suggested) 29 Birmingham- Northfield ando then a 29A (Birmingham - Holly Hill).....

The E variant as it stands is good. It's like the YW49 with full journeys going to Northfield and the shorter 1s being curtailed at Longbridge. Adding the "A" implies it'd be like the BY55/A were they share the majority of the route but they go their separate ways somewhere along the route. 
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MasterPlan

Also, why when on Tridents does it say "Frankley Holly Hill"? Why does it need to say Holly Hill? To be honest it should say Frankley via Harborne. Or do what others do and flash between the via points.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on January 06, 2017, 05:23:59 PM
My other gripe with the 29E is since when has Northfield been a town?

Tbf the road signs off the Bristol Road do state "welcome to Northfield Town Centre"
Right or wrong it is labeled such
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MasterPlan

4171 seems to have it's display stuck on Frankley Holly Hill whilst on route to the City Centre lol

John

Following on from @BU07 LGO posting about Platinum ad frames, 6852 also has one

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on January 07, 2017, 02:06:03 PM
Following on from @BU07 LGO posting about Platinum ad frames, 6852 also has one

6850-54 have offside advert frames fitted.

John

Quote from: Nathan on January 07, 2017, 07:00:13 PM
6850-54 have offside advert frames fitted.

Just seen a picture of 6850. The ad frame has been fitted too low so it covers some of the red flash on the offside. Unlike the crimson MMCs.

I don't mind the adverts on the Platinum buses, it breaks up the dull livery. I wonder if all of the generic branded MMCs will gain advert frames, or just those few not branded yet?

monkeyjoe

Just curious how are the revised Bristol Rd workings, are all these thoughts are overcrowding etc materialising do we still have to wait for this week to be over to able to gauge a view on it?

Quote from: clayderman on January 10, 2017, 05:28:42 PM
Also, 4618 on the 97; not rare is any way, but quite noteworthy as a eed/white trident
Not noteworthy. Seen red and white Tridents on there many times since it went Crimson.
They regularly are on the 97.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Quote from: 2206 on January 10, 2017, 05:32:04 PM
Not noteworthy. Seen red and white Tridents on there many times since it went Crimson.
Yep 41** Tridents are still used on the 97/A almost everyday I believe @clayderman @2206

CL

Quote from: 2206 on January 10, 2017, 05:32:04 PM
🤷🏻‍♂️
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk