News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: B.C Driver on December 24, 2016, 04:30:47 PM
6705 still parked up inside BC

Only came back from Carlyle from bodywork repairs yesterday, will go to AG when it has had an inspection

John

Quote from: John on December 22, 2016, 07:30:00 PM
4442 is now 'Unlimited Travel from £2 a day' branded

4446 is now 'Family Daysaver' branded. 
4445 is also branded but can't remember what for! Couldn't read the name when I was following it at the Heartlands earlier

James4368

6852 is out on X2
6854 is out on X1 (on its way to coventry)
Saw it passing brays road 08:20 whilst on 6827 to Birmingham
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

CL

4179 was on the 29 today. Not sure what state its in now, but the front display seems to have been (or quite possibly sill is) stuck on the 29's Birmingham-bound display, whilst on its way outbound. Upon approach to the bus stop, the side display was correctly displaying "29 Holly Hill"

Boarded at Smallbrook Queensway, around 2pm
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

CL

6705 still working at BC so it seems. Currently sat on it on the X1.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on January 02, 2017, 03:43:39 PM
6705 still working at BC so it seems. Currently sat on it on the X1.
6705 is still at BC. On the X61 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Is there any reason the X64 has changed it's display? It now says "Limited stop via QE Hospital, Selly Oak, Weoley Castle & Bartley Green". It never said Selly Oak before and it no longer days Bournebrook or Kitwell. Even the city centre display shows Selly Oak now too. Is the route changing?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 03, 2017, 06:47:18 PM
Is there any reason the X64 has changed it's display? It now says "Limited stop via QE Hospital, Selly Oak, Weoley Castle & Bartley Green". It never said Selly Oak before and it no longer days Bournebrook or Kitwell. Even the city centre display shows Selly Oak now too. Is the route changing?

The route changed a while back and no longer serves Kitwell but it does serve Bartley Green (Romsley Road) so that might explain it.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on January 03, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
The route changed a while back and no longer serves Kitwell but it does serve Bartley Green (Romsley Road) so that might explain it.

Yeah I thought it did, but it still kept Kitwell on the display so I wasn't sure if it was definite. Doesn't explain why it says Selly Oak instead of Bournebrook though.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 03, 2017, 06:53:27 PM
Yeah I thought it did, but it still kept Kitwell on the display so I wasn't sure if it was definite. Doesn't explain why it says Selly Oak instead of Bournebrook though.

It serves both, although less of Selly Oak than it used to, so either is technically correct. I guess Selly Oak is arguably the better known area. BC do like to tinker with their destination displays from time to time.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on January 03, 2017, 07:19:31 PM
It serves both, although less of Selly Oak than it used to, so either is technically correct. I guess Selly Oak is arguably the better known area. BC do like to tinker with their destination displays from time to time.

Yeah I know it does I just wondered why the change really. Though another thread on here suggests there will be a change next month.

BigDaddyCool

MasterPlan

Is it possible to change the 29E display to show 'via Harborne'? Just heard yet another person ask whether it goes to Harborne and I can't help but feel this simple change would help a lot. I'm willing to bet there are some people who have let this bus go because they assumed it doesn't go to Harborne.
Any all day E workings should have some sort of via information in my opinion. Either that or have the Frankley runs as a 29A instead?

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 06, 2017, 01:02:42 PM
Is it possible to change the 29E display to show 'via Harborne'? Just heard yet another person ask whether it goes to Harborne and I can't help but feel this simple change would help a lot. I'm willing to bet there are some people who have let this bus go because they assumed it doesn't go to Harborne.
Any all day E workings should have some sort of via information in my opinion. Either that or have the Frankley runs as a 29A instead?

I have to agree that where these 'short journeys' are the norm and not the exception these destination displays that show limited information aren't helpful.

My other gripe with the 29E is since when has Northfield been a town?

MW

Quote from: Mike K on January 06, 2017, 05:23:59 PM
I have to agree that where these 'short journeys' are the norm and not the exception these destination displays that show limited information aren't helpful.

My other gripe with the 29E is since when has Northfield been a town?

There's two sides to this argument. The 11Es used to show more information on the display and it was ditched for a larger end destination, because the amount of people who used to get on and not realise that it's not going the full way/not understanding that it's a short journey.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk