News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Harborne Branded B5, 5513(?), now shows 'Kitwell & Woodgate' at the top of it's Super-X destination display for the 23A, not sure if applied to all BC buses yet, or even just all the Harborne Branded buses.

EDIT: I have a picture to show you what it looks like, compared to what it used to look like...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on October 15, 2014, 06:30:45 PM
Harborne Branded B5, 5513(?), now shows 'Kitwell & Woodgate' at the top of it's Super-X destination display for the 23A, not sure if applied to all BC buses yet, or even just all the Harborne Branded buses.

EDIT: I have a picture to show you what it looks like, compared to what it used to look like...

It's like that on all the B5s, I suspect it's like it on all BC LED buses. They change the display on the 23A more often than some change their underwear.

CL

Quote from: Mike K on October 15, 2014, 07:11:14 PM
Quote from: clayderman on October 15, 2014, 06:30:45 PM

It's like that on all the B5s, I suspect it's like it on all BC LED buses. They change the display on the 23A more often than some change their underwear.

Brilliant :D. Anyway, I don't know about you, but I prefer the older version... However, I think the standard alternating display is better than superX any day. Why NX changed them if they're not going to use the scrolling feature is beyond me.

Sh4318

I saw 4428 displaying '45 Rednal', '& Cofton Hackett' alternating between the two
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 15, 2014, 09:22:55 PM
I saw 4428 displaying '45 Rednal', '& Cofton Hackett' alternating between the two

Yes, and the number is offset to the left, like the old days.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

windy miller

Does anyone have a list of the names recently applied to WB E400's by any chance?... I noticed the name 'susan' on 4973 I think it was but I may be wrong :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Liberator9

Hi Windy Miller!

They are on the Enviro 400 fleetlist - 4966 is Susan (4973 is Amber)

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/4700-4879.html

Hope that helps

CL

The Engine Door on 5506 looks bare. Although I like how it's sporting '5506' in the Cosmos Font (TWM Fontface)

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on October 17, 2014, 09:22:29 PM
The Engine Door on 5506 looks bare. Although I like how it's sporting '5506' in the Cosmos Font (TWM Fontface)

The vinlys on it had looked a mess for some time, with the lettering all peeling off. They've finally removed it. Not that I've spent hours stuck behind it in traffic jams or anything.

Ashley

Why cant the 900 run to the registered timetable, missing journeys all afternoons, poor show for an important service

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on October 18, 2014, 06:34:03 PM
Why cant the 900 run to the registered timetable, missing journeys all afternoons, poor show for an important service

Ask a stupid question - get a stupid answer.

As yet Alexander Dennis haven't managed to fit wings to Enviro 400s so they can fly over traffic jams.

Perhaps you might like to tell us which journeys were 'missing', then I will tell you what fleetnumber it was and how late it was, because every single journey has run, just not on time

Stu

I'm guessing bad traffic round the Airport and A45 due to the Motorhome & Caravan Show at the NEC?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

notepanel

Quote from: Stu on October 18, 2014, 08:22:46 PM
I'm guessing bad traffic round the Airport and A45 due to the Motorhome & Caravan Show at the NEC?

There were also roadworks causing big delays between Small Heath & Yardley, particularly into City.

Liberator9

The roadworks were causing large delays going into the city - you can't blame NX for the fact the Council has decided to be convenient and turf up part of the road, and putting temporary traffic lights in place. Rode the 957 into city early this afternoon at around 2:30pm and there were sizeable queues forming. By late afternoon it would have been much worse - causing major delays. I still saw 900s running though, in both directions, so at least they were still running.

B.C Driver

4425 had to be towed back to BC after breaking down at Frankley yesterday around 6pm
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk