News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2014, 12:56:35 PM
Quote from: 2900 on July 13, 2014, 12:23:15 PM
This thread moving at pace had to go back quite a bit to make sense of it , I too didn't know Wolverhampton garage has become an adl base, when did this come about , knowing this now it now makes for sending the enviro 400 hybrids there. No volvo b7rle either by before the year is out ,wander where they,ll end up.

The ADL base has been there since the 45xx Tridents were delivered

Come to think of it i do remember seeing the ADL base when i was shown round the garage in 2005

Mike K

5517 now has the new Harborne branding, there are at least 3 different adverts used on the rear of the buses carrying this branding.

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

uniquicity

Which hybrids have the Harborne branding so far?

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

Mike K

Quote from: Sayeed on July 15, 2014, 06:17:57 PM
Quote from: uniquicity on July 15, 2014, 06:05:52 PM
Which hybrids have the Harborne branding so far?

5510, 14 & 17

The remaining ex WN 1 branded ones all have the red destination surround so will presumably be branded shortly. Looks like all the ex WN ones will be branded but the native BC ones at the moment don't look like they will be.

Mike K

Quote from: Sayeed on July 15, 2014, 04:02:43 PM
4905 & 07 on the 24

And 4904 on 22/23 this morning. E400s becoming more commonplace on Harborne corridor again lately

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

CL

Has anybody managed to get a shot of one of the branded B5s left side? Noticed today on either 5510, or 5514 - that it had a £1 City Hop ad in the window which went along the lines of 'Broad St to City Centre for £1!' or something like that...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

uniquicity

5513 is now branded. On the 24 today.

Mike K

Right, having travelled on 5 different ex-WN B5s now I'm going to stick my neck out and say these feel better than the native BC ones. The transition from electric power seems more seamless and there seems to be less lag between gear changes. 5518 pulled efforlessly and quickly away into the traffic at Five Ways tonight and was smooth and rattle free. Any drivers please feel free to correct me, I may be talking out of my ar5e. My only gripe is the seating capacity.

I do however miss the variety of having E400Hs on the route.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Mike K on July 17, 2014, 10:01:43 PM
Right, having travelled on 5 different ex-WN B5s now I'm going to stick my neck out and say these feel better than the native BC ones. The transition from electric power seems more seamless and there seems to be less lag between gear changes. 5518 pulled efforlessly and quickly away into the traffic at Five Ways tonight and was smooth and rattle free. Any drivers please feel free to correct me, I may be talking out of my ar5e. My only gripe is the seating capacity.

I do however miss the variety of having E400Hs on the route.

I do miss the variety at WN also although i do really like 5403. A very fast bus. Pulls off like a rocket!

uniquicity

James4368

4909 957 broke down at Yardley swan shopping centre while enroute to Solihull
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Mike K

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk