News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strangest Things You've Seen on a bus

Started by ilovetea4370, June 08, 2013, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Incidents such as these should be reported to Safer Travel, please do so if you haven't already!
http://www.safertravel.info/page/95/Incident-Reporting.htm

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Ex BC driver on June 30, 2013, 01:05:35 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 29, 2013, 12:56:32 PM
Isn't it the test sequence of the blinds? (Type 1234 into the destination box and then the password (if you know it)) -- Or it could've been 9876, some sequence of numbers brings it up. Also, it sometimes shows on our B7rles when the things get reset by an engineer.

According to the manual for Deric+ Hanover Displays (available online), you press F/E twice then type in the Lock Code, which is 0101, then scroll through to Test Signs

Ive seen Driver Changeover on a Walsall Scania in Brownhills about half an hour ago!

(Im on one of the Aston Manor vehicles!)

nitromatt1

On a busy Trident on the 24 this afternoon, a Caribbean man (surprisingly smartly dressed) holding a can of cider boarded without paying. The driver called him back, he produced a pass which the driver accepted. He then sat down in the fold-down chairs and started a 10-minute abusive, foul-mouthed rant, firstly directed at the driver but then seemingly to nobody in particular. A couple of men came from downstairs and told him to cut down his swearing, then went back upstairs, the drunk man then followed them and I have no idea what happened after that although I heard more shouting. A few minutes later he came downstairs and cheerfully thanked the driver and got off.

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 06, 2013, 10:29:51 PM
On a busy Trident on the 24 this afternoon, a Caribbean man (surprisingly smartly dressed) holding a can of cider boarded without paying. The driver called him back, he produced a pass which the driver accepted. He then sat down in the fold-down chairs and started a 10-minute abusive, foul-mouthed rant, firstly directed at the driver but then seemingly to nobody in particular. A couple of men came from downstairs and told him to cut down his swearing, then went back upstairs, the drunk man then followed them and I have no idea what happened after that although I heard more shouting. A few minutes later he came downstairs and cheerfully thanked the driver and got off.
All over a concessionary pass aswell! Thought WN 59 was bad ;D

Also not as Weird but apparantley according one those "Spotted" (Wednesfield) pages on facebook and apparantley an elderly gentleman was attacked by a group of teens on WA 69 yesterday (Think they were being rowdy and the Old man has told them to keep quiet and they have attacked him) on Linthouse Lane in Wednesfield towards Walsall at 16:15. Very shocked to hear and shows some kids are just vile and have no respect. Someone from NX posted asking for a fleet number(To check CCTV) Looking at the picture taken (Of the teenagers who punched him) it was a B7RLE and would have done the 7:55,9:55,11:55,13:55:15:55 and 17:05 69 from Wolverhampton. If anybody saw which bus was on the departures stated please say

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 07, 2013, 09:28:35 AM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 06, 2013, 10:29:51 PM
All over a concessionary pass aswell! Thought WN 59 was bad ;D

He was using a normal pass

Stu

While travelling home this evening on the 37, clearly the city centre traffic was causing some journeys to be turned around short. As we passed through Tyseley, there was a 37E coming the other way, with 'Camp Hill Island' showing on the display, which pulled alongside ours so the confused driver could ask which way he had to go to turn around at Camp Hill!

(The correct answer according to our driver was to unload at the first stop on Camp Hill, then turn left down Bradford Street, "you know, the way the 2 goes", then turn right at the crossroads and back onto the route.)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ben

It wasn't on a bus, but one time inside Pool Meadow earlier this year, a pigeon flew at speed right into a window down by the coach stands. Some daft old lady picked the poor bugger up and walked around asking for help.
I doubt the pigeon survived, although I can't be certain.

There was an event about three years ago at Coventry airport, the driver of an over-crowded NX shuttle bus was clearly in the mood for a laugh in the heavy traffic heading back towards Pool Meadow- Racing a lady and pushchair on the opposite side of the road.
We had stopped in traffic for about 5 minutes in traffic. He had his feet up on the dashboard :P

Nathan4775

Coventry have an Airport :o were is it ? Or do you mean Birmingham
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

John

Quote from: Nathan4775 on October 06, 2013, 04:55:29 PM
Coventry have an Airport :o were is it ? Or do you mean Birmingham

Yes there is a Coventry Airport. Not far from Willenhall, and the DeCourcey garage is next to it.

Nathan4775

Thanks John, I didn't know there was as no NXC buses go there thought the closet would have been Birmingham
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Trident 4609

The strangest thing i've seen on an Arriva Wednesfield bus is passengers! lol

nitromatt1

Alex

Not necessarily what i saw but anyone on the 1530 (or there about) 900 departure from Pool Meadow on the 2nd September, cant remember fleet number but it was 900 branded, wouldve seen a ginger person sliding under the top back seats (me, long story that im not going to go into), around the airport
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ARJ2901 on November 18, 2014, 11:21:22 PM
Not necessarily what i saw but anyone on the 1530 (or there about) 900 departure from Pool Meadow on the 2nd September, cant remember fleet number but it was 900 branded, wouldve seen a ginger person sliding under the top back seats (me, long story that im not going to go into), around the airport

I don't understand this.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk